[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Broskev »

Thank you for your answer! It really seems not a little bit picky, but very picky.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Like a simple txt would not have worked. Or if necessary JSON or XML.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

ukezi wrote:Like a simple txt would not have worked. Or if necessary JSON or XML.
compare

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.16.40
  Bugfixes:
    - fixed t3 lab dependency for pyhightech
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.16.39
  Changes:
    - changed production times on intermediates (mainly military, production and hightech)
    - replaced coal with carbon when present in all intermediates
    - changed some intermediates to available in bobs electronic assemblers
  Bugfixes:
    - fixed bobs recipes not using all sct intermiedates
    - fixed biopack dependencies
Version: 0.16.38
  Changes:
    - tin and lead present in green pack with omnimatter when bobplates/ores are installed
with

Code: Select all

- fixed t3 lab dependency for pyhightech
- changed production times on intermediates (mainly military, production and hightech)
- fixed bobs recipes not using all sct intermiedates
- replaced coal with carbon when present in all intermediates
- fixed biopack dependencies
- changed some intermediates to available in bobs electronic assemblers
- tin and lead present in green pack with omnimatter when bobplates/ores are installed
and yes, bottom one doesn't work :(

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you misunderstood me. My formulation was bad. I was meaning "Why did they have to go and create so much complexity?" Like a txt wouldn't have solved the use case. If you want it to be machine readable that is what JSON and XML is there for.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

ukezi wrote:you misunderstood me. My formulation was bad. I was meaning "Why did they have to go and create so much complexity?" Like a txt wouldn't have solved the use case. If you want it to be machine readable that is what JSON and XML is there for.
i think i understood you well.
i agree that json will make sense, since they use json for some stuff, just pain to write (too much overhead), xml will not make sense - why another format/parser :D

anyway i gave example (top one is working changelog, bottom is my changelog format), since imo there is no reason for changelog to not display ... well it will not be parsed, so you will not have list of version, but it's simple TXT ... they could and should display it anyway, when you click changelog button.

lot of mods has changelog in more/less similar fashion to bottom one, and you can read it (if you open mod zip), then idk why game changelog parser is so restrictive

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Has anything ever been done about how late construction bots appear in the game? Especially with how much Bob's spreads out advancing technology, I remember it being an extremely long time before construction bots are available. It's bad enough in vanilla as it is.

Wondering if this has been addressed. If not, is there some way we can have some kind of limited personal construction bot option for somewhere around the locomotive era of the game?

My rather hacky solution to this has been to use the Quick Start mod and give myself a bunch of con bots and a basic power armor setup right from the start. Problem is, that makes me too tough vs biters. Though not by much admittedly because the suit by itself isn't really that tough without modules. Also, con bots aren't really needed at the START of the game. But certainly a hell of a lot earlier than they normally are.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The first tier, and base game bots are on green science. I don't have any plans to make any bots available any earlier than this.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:The first tier, and base game bots are on green science. I don't have any plans to make any bots available any earlier than this.
It's not really about green science - especially if you have electronics update.
With it science tier is not the issue, electronics is because of the huge complexity jump to adv circuits.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

orzelek wrote:
bobingabout wrote:The first tier, and base game bots are on green science. I don't have any plans to make any bots available any earlier than this.
It's not really about green science - especially if you have electronics update.
With it science tier is not the issue, electronics is because of the huge complexity jump to adv circuits.
i agree that ECB is PITA, and it's required in large amount, because it's needed literally for everything, and that's why i use angels industry, it's still beta, but at least you can have robots, they slow ... but they do their work

while robots do not require ECB per se, their brain recipe is similar to ECB, except instead of solder you need additional 2 electronic components ...

although as basegame (and bobs 1st tier) robots are, i don't think it's too when you get them, even with bobs, it's quite jump when you get them.

i like angels robots tho', they are adequate for tier you get them, it's nice addon, especially construction bots, you can blueprint stuff, and some minutes (hours later) it's done, and you can be working elsewhere. logistic robots are slower than black belt, so i use them rarely, but due to huge carry capacity, it evens out (i think, they can carry stack of 200, or maybe it's 100, not sure).

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

Hi Bob, I have identified a problem with unexpected iterations of the assembly machine. Assembly machine produces unexpected iterations when using speed and productivity modules.

Example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1rmENKBqDI

modlist: bobassembly, boblibrary, boblogistics, bobmodules, bobpower
insert console command:
/c game.player.insert{name="express-stack-inserter", count=6}; game.player.insert{name="iron-chest", count=6}; game.player.insert{name="assembling-machine-6", count=5}; game.player.insert{name="raw-productivity-module-8", count=4}; game.player.insert{name="beacon-3", count=4}; game.player.insert{name="raw-speed-module-8", count=24}; game.player.insert{name="copper-plate", count=1000}; game.player.insert{name="coal", count=200}; game.player.insert{name="boiler-4", count=1}; game.player.insert{name="steam-turbine-3", count=1}; game.player.insert{name="offshore-pump", count=1}; game.player.insert{name="substation-4", count=1}

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

that is known and part of the base game. It just can't show up there. Without reworking how factorio handels assemblers there will be no fix, other then making bulk recipes for everything.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Anon2k wrote:Hi Bob, I have identified a problem with unexpected iterations of the assembly machine. Assembly machine produces unexpected iterations when using speed and productivity modules.

Example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1rmENKBqDI

modlist: bobassembly, boblibrary, boblogistics, bobmodules, bobpower
insert console command:
/c game.player.insert{name="express-stack-inserter", count=6}; game.player.insert{name="iron-chest", count=6}; game.player.insert{name="assembling-machine-6", count=5}; game.player.insert{name="raw-productivity-module-8", count=4}; game.player.insert{name="beacon-3", count=4}; game.player.insert{name="raw-speed-module-8", count=24}; game.player.insert{name="copper-plate", count=1000}; game.player.insert{name="coal", count=200}; game.player.insert{name="boiler-4", count=1}; game.player.insert{name="steam-turbine-3", count=1}; game.player.insert{name="offshore-pump", count=1}; game.player.insert{name="substation-4", count=1}
It's not a bug, it's a "Feature", and knowing this "feature", we actually started coming up with a formula on how to meet that 120 items per second limit without going over. (that's 1 item per tick in both the speed and productivity bonus bars, or 60 per second in each, 120 total)
Though that depends if you want maximum items per second, or maximum productivity. if the IPS, then you maximise the speed, then use 100% productivity bonus. If you want productivity, minimise the speed (to the point where you can actually reach maximum productivity) and maximise productivity (60 per second)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

It looks to me like there is another limit with fluids. I've build a washing plant to filter vicious mud water surrounded by beacons with speed modules. It should have speed 90 but the amount of fluids I get out of the washing plant is only about speed 75 even with a pump directly after the washing plant. I don't think I've hit the 60 cycles/second limit yet. But at that limit the washing plant would do 60*200 / 12000 fluids per second. So it looks more like a problem of volume.

What way gets the most fluids out of a washing plant? A pipe at the exit? A pump? A tank? Any other tricks?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

my guess would be pump into a tank. however it will be hard to take the fluids away fast enough. A train may be able to do it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ukezi wrote:my guess would be pump into a tank. however it will be hard to take the fluids away fast enough. A train may be able to do it.
They are supposed to provide 5 washing plants with inputs to wash geodes (Seablock mod pack). But I can only get 4 to run at speed 90. One of the 5 doesn't get fluids.

I will have to try a setup with only pumps and tanks, no pipes at all. So far I only tried a combination of pipes and pumps.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I just played around with creative mode. I was not able to get more then 125k/m fluid out of the building. incidentally that lines about up with a craft/tick. coal filtering will get more as it gives 50 fluid/craft instead of 35.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Washing plants give 200 fluid / cycle. I think a problem there could be that a pipe only holds 100. So it takes 2 ticks to empty the output fluid box into a pipe even if you manage to suck it dry every tick, right?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I think so. there has to be a reason the pipe capacity scaled with the fluid amounts back when the devs 10x the fluids. incidentally the pump has a capacity of 200 and a pumping speed of 12k=200*60.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Too bad bob changed all the pipes to the same size. I need bigger pipes for this.

Just had a crazy idea: You can connect 2 pumps (3 even for T junctions) to a fluid wagon. Has anyone tried building a pipe out of pumps and fluid wagons?

Return to “Bob's mods”