[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

User avatar
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by mexmer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:30 am

ohbi78 wrote:I havent saved anything since the update - I get the removed inserters/recipes from any of the 100 saves I've made this .16.36 play through? The recipes dont show for any non vanilla inserters any more.

Cant load the autosave made under .16.37 in .16.36, but like you say - thats to be expected and not what I'm after.

I'm just trying to figure out if its something I did or is something likely broken by the update - I've tried reinstalling the Bobs inserters mod then retried a few diff of the betas, always removes the recipes.

But you mention in your other reply about the broken image and not having had a chance to look, so will wait and see what comes!
some configuration files get deleted, when you downgrade factorio (mod config is one of them, also scores, achievements and options)

i would recommend not doing that, simply use ZIP installation of factorio, and extract previous version elsewhere, copy mods and saves folders inside it.

overwriting existing version of factorio with older version leads always to problems.

ohbi78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 am
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by ohbi78 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am

Yup, lesson learned...

Its never been a problem for me in the past as I've always played with default settings so switching between betas "worked flawlessly" it seemed :D

I've managed to stop all the items/recipes being deleted on load by setting the various things back on (inserter overhaul, ground water pump and alien artifacts) but its possible I've messed with other settings and have no idea if or what to I've changed them so ratios may be off in game lol.

Either way I can play on .36 again until Bob does his thing so thanks :)

User avatar
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by steinio » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 am

What should Bob do?
Works like intended if you change your settings...
Image
Transport Belt Repair Man
My little mods: Link | My favourite mods: Bob's Mods | Angel's Mods | Yuoki Railway Core | EvoGUI | Logistic Train Network
Factorio Cheat Sheet by Denis Zholob

View unread Posts

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:38 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by RocketManChronicles » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am

bobingabout wrote:
ohbi78 wrote:I havent saved anything since the update - I get the removed inserters/recipes from any of the 100 saves I've made this .16.36 play through? The recipes dont show for any non vanilla inserters any more.

Cant load the autosave made under .16.37 in .16.36, but like you say - thats to be expected and not what I'm after.

I'm just trying to figure out if its something I did or is something likely broken by the update - I've tried reinstalling the Bobs inserters mod then retried a few diff of the betas, always removes the recipes.

But you mention in your other reply about the broken image and not having had a chance to look, so will wait and see what comes!
I'd say in the mean time, check the settings, make sure they haven't changed, such as turning on/off the inserters overhaul.
This isn't affected in just Bob's mods. Icons for a lot of mods were affected by the 0.16.37 update. Need to look at the devs in what was changed from the Base Game.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6868
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm

ohbi78 wrote:Yup, lesson learned...

Its never been a problem for me in the past as I've always played with default settings so switching between betas "worked flawlessly" it seemed :D

I've managed to stop all the items/recipes being deleted on load by setting the various things back on (inserter overhaul, ground water pump and alien artifacts) but its possible I've messed with other settings and have no idea if or what to I've changed them so ratios may be off in game lol.

Either way I can play on .36 again until Bob does his thing so thanks :)
Well, you could say I've done my thing, because I've looked through bug reports, and seen that it affects the base game items too. Barrels.
So, Just got to wait for the next update, 0.16.38 I guess, the bug report has been moved to "Resolved for next release".
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

prodacc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 am
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by prodacc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 am

Hey there, new to the forum so apologies if these are solved. Fully updated Bob's mods as of today, and I don't use any non-Bob's mods... Loving the game and the mod *REALLY* adds to the depth... Holy smokes!

The following is a crappy "bug report gif"... First time I've ever recorded one of these things, so let me know if there's a better way to share this info or if you need to know something else to help (the error reproduces every time I load).

https://ibb.co/cDc8mx

1. The grey assembly has gears in it, but...
2. The inserter above it is not moving them (I hover over to show that it's aligned correctly), even though...
3. The blue assembly needs the gears.
4. Finally, the top inserter by the belt is not dropping the inserter onto the belt (again, hovered over to show it's aligned correctly).

I don't know what exactly the problem is... It seems to fix when I:

1. Replace the belt with the same belt - https://ibb.co/imZDmx
2. Replace the inserter with the same inserter - https://ibb.co/eDiCeH

Suggestions on how to avoid this?

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6868
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:40 am

I think this is related to the 0.16.37 patch. It was supposed to fix an issue where inserters could stop dropping items if they attempted to do so when the belt was full, but it seems to have introduced this bug on many existing inserters instead of fixing it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by mexmer » Sat May 05, 2018 12:55 pm

@bobingabout
what is proper name for "red inserter", when inserter overhaul is enabled?

if i use ingradient_replace(...,"fast-inserter","red-inserter"), then recipe contains long hand inserter, which is uncraftable.

i don't' want to use "yellow-inserter", because that is not matching technology tier, but can't use "fast-inserter", because it gets replaced by blue "express inserter", which is tier higher, than technology i have.

Ersatz-Yellow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Ersatz-Yellow » Sun May 06, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm sorry if this has already come up before in this thread, but there are 30+ pages and a keyword search did not reveal anything;

What is the "logistic interface" used for? I'm just setting up robotics in my first play of AngelBobs, and I can see at least some utility for the other roboport components, but I am out of guesses what that one does.

NerdimusPrime
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by NerdimusPrime » Mon May 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Ersatz-Yellow wrote:I'm sorry if this has already come up before in this thread, but there are 30+ pages and a keyword search did not reveal anything;

What is the "logistic interface" used for? I'm just setting up robotics in my first play of AngelBobs, and I can see at least some utility for the other roboport components, but I am out of guesses what that one does.
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about this.

gaelyte
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by gaelyte » Mon May 07, 2018 3:50 pm

I noticed that the construction of the logistic and construction drones were symetric, but the Construction drone MK IV need two tungsten carbide plate, why?

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by hewhoispale » Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Ersatz-Yellow wrote:I'm sorry if this has already come up before in this thread, but there are 30+ pages and a keyword search did not reveal anything;

What is the "logistic interface" used for? I'm just setting up robotics in my first play of AngelBobs, and I can see at least some utility for the other roboport components, but I am out of guesses what that one does.
It's been a hot minute, but I believe they are for doing things like wiring containers to the interface so you can read/include contents of the logistic network (so you can do things with circuit logic and whatnaught).

Ersatz-Yellow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Ersatz-Yellow » Tue May 08, 2018 12:26 am

hewhoispale wrote:
Ersatz-Yellow wrote:I'm sorry if this has already come up before in this thread, but there are 30+ pages and a keyword search did not reveal anything;

What is the "logistic interface" used for? I'm just setting up robotics in my first play of AngelBobs, and I can see at least some utility for the other roboport components, but I am out of guesses what that one does.
It's been a hot minute, but I believe they are for doing things like wiring containers to the interface so you can read/include contents of the logistic network (so you can do things with circuit logic and whatnaught).
Oh, so it's sort of a wireless alternative to stringing red and green wires all the way across your base, then? That could be useful...

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6868
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Tue May 08, 2018 9:32 am

mexmer wrote:@bobingabout
what is proper name for "red inserter", when inserter overhaul is enabled?

if i use ingradient_replace(...,"fast-inserter","red-inserter"), then recipe contains long hand inserter, which is uncraftable.

i don't' want to use "yellow-inserter", because that is not matching technology tier, but can't use "fast-inserter", because it gets replaced by blue "express inserter", which is tier higher, than technology i have.
everything is on it's side with this. the item long handed inserter places entity red inserter. and both the entity long handed inserter and red inserter will mine to the long handed inserter item. This was done so that no migration is required, if you had long handed inserters in your inventory, you will now have "fast inserters" instead, the new red inserter. Yet already placed long handed inserters will remain as they are, as to not break anything.

This was done for a couple of reasons, because a hard replacement of long handed inserter would likely result in the range being converted to standard reach. As for blueprints, by default all long handed inserters would have been replaced with standard reach too, so I added a script on blueprint place that replaces the long handed inserter with a red inserter, and sets it's range to double. The only problem with this is that it breaks wires.
Ersatz-Yellow wrote:What is the "logistic interface" used for?
Basically, it does the same as when you connect a wire to a roboport. you can read the contents of all logistic chests on the network through it (as a single item pool), or read the number of currently active construction/logistic robots from it.
gaelyte wrote:I noticed that the construction of the logistic and construction drones were symetric, but the Construction drone MK IV need two tungsten carbide plate, why?
It depends what mode you're in, but basically, because it has a tool. I don't know, I might need to make sure I didn't mess up, but they're not fully symetrical, there's just a little thing here and there up the whole tree that seperates them.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

User avatar
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by mexmer » Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 am

bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:@bobingabout
what is proper name for "red inserter", when inserter overhaul is enabled?

if i use ingradient_replace(...,"fast-inserter","red-inserter"), then recipe contains long hand inserter, which is uncraftable.

i don't' want to use "yellow-inserter", because that is not matching technology tier, but can't use "fast-inserter", because it gets replaced by blue "express inserter", which is tier higher, than technology i have.
everything is on it's side with this. the item long handed inserter places entity red inserter. and both the entity long handed inserter and red inserter will mine to the long handed inserter item. This was done so that no migration is required, if you had long handed inserters in your inventory, you will now have "fast inserters" instead, the new red inserter. Yet already placed long handed inserters will remain as they are, as to not break anything.

This was done for a couple of reasons, because a hard replacement of long handed inserter would likely result in the range being converted to standard reach. As for blueprints, by default all long handed inserters would have been replaced with standard reach too, so I added a script on blueprint place that replaces the long handed inserter with a red inserter, and sets it's range to double. The only problem with this is that it breaks wires.
while i can understand your reasons, seem you misunderstood what i wrote.
i'm talking about recipe, not placed item.

and long hand inserter is uncraftable, so i can't craft items, that require long hand inserter, yet when i use your "red-inserter" item in recipe, recipe requires long hand inserter for crafting, not red inserter.

for now i use red-filter-inserter instead, because that one is working, although make item cost little more.

User avatar
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 6868
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

mexmer wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:@bobingabout
what is proper name for "red inserter", when inserter overhaul is enabled?

if i use ingradient_replace(...,"fast-inserter","red-inserter"), then recipe contains long hand inserter, which is uncraftable.

i don't' want to use "yellow-inserter", because that is not matching technology tier, but can't use "fast-inserter", because it gets replaced by blue "express inserter", which is tier higher, than technology i have.
everything is on it's side with this. the item long handed inserter places entity red inserter. and both the entity long handed inserter and red inserter will mine to the long handed inserter item. This was done so that no migration is required, if you had long handed inserters in your inventory, you will now have "fast inserters" instead, the new red inserter. Yet already placed long handed inserters will remain as they are, as to not break anything.

This was done for a couple of reasons, because a hard replacement of long handed inserter would likely result in the range being converted to standard reach. As for blueprints, by default all long handed inserters would have been replaced with standard reach too, so I added a script on blueprint place that replaces the long handed inserter with a red inserter, and sets it's range to double. The only problem with this is that it breaks wires.
while i can understand your reasons, seem you misunderstood what i wrote.
i'm talking about recipe, not placed item.

and long hand inserter is uncraftable, so i can't craft items, that require long hand inserter, yet when i use your "red-inserter" item in recipe, recipe requires long hand inserter for crafting, not red inserter.

for now i use red-filter-inserter instead, because that one is working, although make item cost little more.
long handed inserter is the item for the new "fast inserter" aka Red inserter that you're looking for, for use in your recipe.
I'm not 100% on what the the name of the recipe is that makes long-handed-inserter item, probably long-handed-inserter recipe.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

prodacc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 am
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by prodacc » Thu May 10, 2018 11:58 am

bobingabout wrote:I think this is related to the 0.16.37 patch. It was supposed to fix an issue where inserters could stop dropping items if they attempted to do so when the belt was full, but it seems to have introduced this bug on many existing inserters instead of fixing it.
I've played around with the offset, and some positions seem to work better than others... Might be something there? I'll report back if I think I've found something helpful.

And thanks for all your hard work - it really is impressive to see you singlehandedly doubling the vanilla's game content.

gaelyte
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by gaelyte » Sat May 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Can you increase the recharge rate of the logistic zone expender? When I place them with construction robot, they are not connected to the electrical network, so they discharge to 0%. But when I connect them, due to their low recharge rate, I have to wait one minute or remove it and replace it to "magically" recharge them

Kiu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Kiu » Sat May 12, 2018 7:27 pm

After updating to experimental 0.16.42 I get this strange error...

Code: Select all

Fehler beim Laden der Mods: __bobpower__/data-updates.lua:8: __boblibrary__/item-functions.lua:47: attempt to compare number with string
Was working with 0.16.41. Checked your code there, but __bobpower__/data-updates.lua:8 is

Code: Select all

require("prototypes.recipe.fluid-generator-updates")
__boblibrary__/item-functions.lua:47 is second line in this

Code: Select all

  if item.type == "item" then
    if item.amount > 0 and item.amount < 1 then
      item.amount = 1
    else
      item.amount = math.floor(item.amount)
    end
  end
Not sure if I'm to stupid to understand the line counting in LUA or something strange is happening here... :?: :? :?:

Danacus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Danacus » Sat May 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Kiu wrote:After updating to experimental 0.16.42 I get this strange error...

Code: Select all

Fehler beim Laden der Mods: __bobpower__/data-updates.lua:8: __boblibrary__/item-functions.lua:47: attempt to compare number with string
Was working with 0.16.41. Checked your code there, but __bobpower__/data-updates.lua:8 is

Code: Select all

require("prototypes.recipe.fluid-generator-updates")
__boblibrary__/item-functions.lua:47 is second line in this

Code: Select all

  if item.type == "item" then
    if item.amount > 0 and item.amount < 1 then
      item.amount = 1
    else
      item.amount = math.floor(item.amount)
    end
  end
Not sure if I'm to stupid to understand the line counting in LUA or something strange is happening here... :?: :? :?:
I have the same error. It drove me nuts, I reinstalled most of the mods, but it didn't help. Glad I'm not alone.

Post Reply

Return to “Bob's mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users