[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
SuperYin wrote:Hi Bob,
I recently just started playing this mod on Factorio version 16.27 and been addicted to it for a couple of days.

I'm up to making High tech science packs but I can't make the Lithium-ion Battery because I can't seem to make "Lithium Perchlorate".

I have researched "Lithium Processing" and "Battery 2"

I probably have done something wrong but would really like to be able to progress in your awesome mod.
I don't think you've done anything wrong. The recipe is called lithium-water-electrolysis
You use an Electrolyser and need Lithium Chloride (salt) obtained by boiling Lithia water (in a chemical furnace).
use this and pure water in an electrolyser to get Lithium Perchlorate (solid) and Hydrogen.
Speaking of which, I think the amount of Lithia Water produced is off. I made a post a few days ago and it may have gotten lost in the mix of all of the Logistics Overhaul. But in my game, a Water Pumpjack Mk2 is producing 3800 Lithia Water per second. If the yield percentage is supposed to be anything like Crude Oil, it may be off by a factor of 10 and should be producing 380 Lithia Water per second. Can you look into this Bob?
No, it is supposed to be 10 times higher. The total is lower too, so it starts with a low yield and drops down to this higher bottom limit much faster.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

Hey bob! Any thoughts yet on how to use Thorium that you've added? I guess my real question is: How's the progress on what will probably be a new mod for nuclear power remake.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tech 0.16.3:
Fixed Logistic science pack requiring wrong inserter.
Catfight wrote:Hey bob! Any thoughts yet on how to use Thorium that you've added? I guess my real question is: How's the progress on what will probably be a new mod for nuclear power remake.
not really had any plans yet, no.
I also have a Patreon.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Catfight wrote:Hey bob! Any thoughts yet on how to use Thorium that you've added? I guess my real question is: How's the progress on what will probably be a new mod for nuclear power remake.
If you have thorium and need a use for it, I've got a mod that adds a thorium fuel cycle here https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MadClown ... ns-Nuclear

Aside from that, I don't think there is literally anything else in Bob's mods or beyond that which makes use of it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Here comes bob, changing your game yet again:

Logistics 0.16.15:
Fixed that fast stack and fast stack filter inserters would deconstruct into express versions
removed steel bearings from red belts and related entities.
Added Zombiee's high res pipe graphics with permission.
Changed all pipe sizes to 1.
Adjusted Roboport (and related items) MK2 recipes to not use steel
cleaned up some roboport related tab ordering.

Key change to note is that roboport MK2, and related items now cost aluminium or invar instead of steel. Which makes sense when you consider the MK1 uses lots of steel.
I also have a Patreon.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Who's excited? I'm excited! Gonna build a castle out of pipes and dance inside.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Bob, I noticed the other day that mk2 laser turrets don't require more vanilla batteries, then mk3s take the second tier batteries you introduced. Mk5s require the third tier batteries. I think the mk4 laser turrets should follow the mk2's lead and not require extra batteries for the upgrade.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

You forgot the pipe tooltips. Great to find new uses for bronze and steel alloys too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Termak wrote:You forgot the pipe tooltips.
Oops.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:Changed all pipe sizes to 1.
That seems quite small.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Its the vanilla size, ingame fluidsizes are multiplied by 10.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That seems quite small.
Pipe size 1 holds 10 fluid. It's the standard pipe size.

The change actually feels kind of dumb when you look at fuel values. Real world fuel value of LPG is 46MJ/kg. and these numbers work with the old fluid values. Multiply all fluids by 10, and the fuel value drops to 4.6MJ. So with the current fluid sizes, 1 unit is 100g of fluid (or equivalent area)

look even deeper into it, a pipe holding 10 units of fluid is 1kg of fluid, that's about 1 litre for water.
So a pipe taking up a whole tile is carrying 1 litre of water.
I also have a Patreon.

Graydee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Graydee »

Hi, I'm using only your logistic mod for configurable inserters and 4th-5th tier belts, and i really don't like changes to recipes in original Factorio( steel ), may be you can do additional options for original costs?

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

bobingabout wrote:Here comes bob, changing your game yet again:

Logistics 0.16.15:
Fixed that fast stack and fast stack filter inserters would deconstruct into express versions
removed steel bearings from red belts and related entities.
Added Zombiee's high res pipe graphics with permission.
Changed all pipe sizes to 1.
Adjusted Roboport (and related items) MK2 recipes to not use steel
cleaned up some roboport related tab ordering.

Key change to note is that roboport MK2, and related items now cost aluminium or invar instead of steel. Which makes sense when you consider the MK1 uses lots of steel.
Hi Bob,

Bit confused, you say you made all pipe sizes to 1, yet in game this morning with 0.16.15 installed, i have for example Copper pipes at size 5, iron Pipes at size 10, etc. And the Iron ones can hold up to 100 fluid. Will changing them to size 1 and holding up to 10 fluid not reduce their fluid throughput down from what it is in vanilla?

Dave.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Size 1 is base game pipe size. so if the base game pipe can hold 100 fluid, that means all pipes now hold 100 fluid.

I forgot to change the locale entries, so that's why they still say size 5.
I also have a Patreon.

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

bobingabout wrote:Size 1 is base game pipe size. so if the base game pipe can hold 100 fluid, that means all pipes now hold 100 fluid.

I forgot to change the locale entries, so that's why they still say size 5.
Ok, Thanks Bob... Thanks for the quick response.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:
That seems quite small.
Pipe size 1 holds 10 fluid. It's the standard pipe size.

The change actually feels kind of dumb when you look at fuel values. Real world fuel value of LPG is 46MJ/kg. and these numbers work with the old fluid values. Multiply all fluids by 10, and the fuel value drops to 4.6MJ. So with the current fluid sizes, 1 unit is 100g of fluid (or equivalent area)

look even deeper into it, a pipe holding 10 units of fluid is 1kg of fluid, that's about 1 litre for water.
So a pipe taking up a whole tile is carrying 1 litre of water.
It's quite interesting how the fluid mechanics work. But yet, a pipe that appears to be as big as it is in the game, should hold more than just one liter. LOL Still glad to see all pipes the same size now. I can use the various pipes in different areas to work with the fluids they hold!

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Mobius1 wrote: Since the idea behind this color scheme was to represent tier progression of the inserters just like what happens with the belts: the purple belt is the most expensive yet fastest belt, so purple inserter would be the most expensive and fastest inserter, but filter inserters are a mixed type of inserter so their color pattern would need to be different than the others hence the difference on them.
I intentionally left out the long-handed inserters for the simple reason that, they are the same as fast inserters, and since we're playing with bob's adjustable inserters, there's no point on having long-handed inserters on the game since every inserter can be long-handed. Unless the player is too masochist to play without adjustable inserters, then on this case don't bother with the colour scheme.
I like that .. i want that!! Do you have a mod for that? Can you upload that somewhere? I NEED that.... :!: :mrgreen:

jkgamer2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jkgamer2000 »

I bet you did, but regular fast inserters also give back an express inserters.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jkgamer2000 wrote:
I bet you did, but regular fast inserters also give back an express inserters.
You mean the old game blue "Fast inserter" returns the new blue "Express inserter"? that's what is supposed to happen. the main reason why the base game's inserters aren't migrated is because it could break things.

The Fast, Filter, Stack and Stack Filter... probably could be migrated without issue, but migrating long-handed to (red) fast would almost certainly convert them from long reach to standard reach.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”