Feedback

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Feedback

Post by kirazy »

Hey bob,

I was making the basic-tier loaders and while making the graphics noticed that your basic tier was just a straight desaturation of the existing transport belts.

I took the liberty of redoing those graphics so that the non-painted parts retain their color. :D

Download link with HR and standard graphics for the basic transport entities (not including loader graphics): http://www.mediafire.com/file/afnxbq5l9 ... 0Belts.zip

HD preview: https://i.imgur.com/5WTRpFd.png

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, I did actually start by not only trying to cut out the colour parts (I think I used yellow as the origin) and desaturate and even darken them to make the "black belt", but, it didn't look right. when I undid my edits, I think I ended up just deleting the entire change, and by this point couldn't be bothered to start again, so just pressed the greyscale button and called it a day. It was close enough to what I was going for.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Could you add these flags to your belts?
data.raw["transport-belt"]["basic-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["fast-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["express-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["turbo-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["ultimate-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}

This avoids replacing a splitter or an underground belt by mistake when dragging a belt, but you can still quick replace them with a click.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

IanRaven wrote:Could you add these flags to your belts?
data.raw["transport-belt"]["basic-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["fast-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["express-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["turbo-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}
data.raw["transport-belt"]["ultimate-transport-belt"].flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-cross-type-while-moving"}

This avoids replacing a splitter or an underground belt by mistake when dragging a belt, but you can still quick replace them with a click.
shouldn't the original 3 have that already?
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
IanRaven wrote:Could you add these flags to your belts?

shouldn't the original 3 have that already?
Yes they should (imho). No they don't.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I added it to my to do list.
I also have a Patreon.

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

bobingabout wrote:I added it to my to do list.
Thanks, this is just a quality of life thing.
This is based on the mod Slower Quickreplace by ChCole
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Slower_Quickreplace

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by buggy123 »

Possible issue, ultimate inserters of all types have 40 health on the latest version. Seems like since the trend is better building = faster + more health + more power consumption, they should probably have more health than fast/stack inserters (which have 150/160 respectively).

Maybe it was a typo, and they were supposed to have 400 health?

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

bobingabout wrote:I added it to my to do list.
If you add it, include a setting to disable it, please. I loathe Slower QuickReplace. The intent was sound, but at least in my experience it removes quickreplace entirely, inasmuch as if you're standing still you can't drag belts over splitters/underground belts.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

It's not the full functionality of the mod. only the quick replace group, so that belts no longer replace spliter an UGs.

jkgamer2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jkgamer2000 »

Hi, Could you group your turrets in the bonuses window better?
Currently, there is a separate box for each turret, it just makes the window bigger than it needs to be (see picture). I think it should be one box for regular turrets and another one for sniper turrets.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jkgamer2000 wrote:Hi, Could you group your turrets in the bonuses window better?
Currently, there is a separate box for each turret, it just makes the window bigger than it needs to be (see picture). I think it should be one box for regular turrets and another one for sniper turrets.
No, because I can't control that, the game handles that part automatically.
The MK1, MK2, MK3, MK4 and MK5 gun turrets have their own box, probably because I have to add them all to the bonus technology independently, and the same for sniper turrets 1, 2 and 3.
I also have a Patreon.

jkgamer2000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jkgamer2000 »

bobingabout wrote:
jkgamer2000 wrote:Hi, Could you group your turrets in the bonuses window better?
No, because I can't control that, the game handles that part automatically.
The MK1, MK2, MK3, MK4 and MK5 gun turrets have their own box, probably because I have to add them all to the bonus technology independently, and the same for sniper turrets 1, 2 and 3.
That's a shame. But this is luckily just a cosmetic issue.

Argensis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Argensis »

Can the tanks from Bob's Warfare get the same immunity to trees as the vanilla tank? It feels like a weird backwards step when upgrading.

Code: Select all

data.raw.car["bob-tank-2"].immune_to_tree_impacts = true
data.raw.car["bob-tank-3"].immune_to_tree_impacts = true

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Argensis wrote:Can the tanks from Bob's Warfare get the same immunity to trees as the vanilla tank? It feels like a weird backwards step when upgrading.

Code: Select all

data.raw.car["bob-tank-2"].immune_to_tree_impacts = true
data.raw.car["bob-tank-3"].immune_to_tree_impacts = true
I'll make a note of it.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

A point about balance when you have the Transport Belt Overhaul enabled, the Tier 1 (yellow) belt research is only 20 Red science. There's pretty much no reason at all to make basic belts, even with the belt overhaul. Needs a rebalance imo.

The way it stands now:
Basic Logistics - 10 Red Science
Logistics - 20 Red Science (Pre-req: Basic Logistics)

Imo should add Green science + an additional pre-requisite. Give people some incentive to use basic belts.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Hey bob,

Your underground belts have an offset selection box relative to vanilla underground belts.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

kirazy wrote:A point about balance when you have the Transport Belt Overhaul enabled, the Tier 1 (yellow) belt research is only 20 Red science. There's pretty much no reason at all to make basic belts, even with the belt overhaul. Needs a rebalance imo.

The way it stands now:
Basic Logistics - 10 Red Science
Logistics - 20 Red Science (Pre-req: Basic Logistics)

Imo should add Green science + an additional pre-requisite. Give people some incentive to use basic belts.
One reason to use basic belts is, that they are cheap and don't need tin. This alone is an obstacle in early-early game, which varies with mod constellation and settings. F.e. With marathon settings and/or angels this phase can be longer :-)
But, I wouldn't mind, if the research is a bit more expensive like 40 reds.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Basic belts are like 2-4 times cheaper + dont need tin, thats enough incentive at start , especially on marathon as the game is meant to be played :ugeek:
Theres many things which are easy and fast to research but not instantly usable in large quantities.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

the only reason basic splitters and UGs even exist is because a lot of people were asking for them, I was going to just skip it.

but yes, the main point on basic is the much cheaper cost to build with more readily available parts.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”