Purge alien artefacts

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Cobaia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Purge alien artefacts

Post by Cobaia »

Hello,

We are playing bob enemies + warfire + library + logistic

Is there any command to purge all the alien artefacts on ground? Its causing us lots of troble with belts and major lag.

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Purge alien artefacts

Post by HOSH »

LOL, wow... I do not know about a command, but we normally setup belts outside to underground to bring them in and use them before we get to a point like this... Once we bring them in they can be sorted and converted to the large artifacts (or we use a warehouse) easily...

Cobaia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobaia »

HOSH wrote:LOL, wow... I do not know about a command, but we normally setup belts outside to underground to bring them in and use them before we get to a point like this... Once we bring them in they can be sorted and converted to the large artifacts (or we use a warehouse) easily...
We tried that... but we cant do it in the entire base and outposts.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

One suggestion: you can mark loot for deconstruction with the deconstruction planner and your robots will go grab it and store it in a storage chest if it's inside the construction radius of your roboports.

There's also several mods that implement different ways of collecting loot from the ground in an automated way, such as https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Zholtar/ZAutoLootChest, https://mods.factorio.com/mods/sore68/Loot-Defragmenter, https://mods.factorio.com/mods/xoft/Dec ... NearbyLoot - though they haven't all been updated to 0.15.

It's definitely possible to use a lua command to find all loot items on the ground and simply destroy them, but I'm not sure what that'd be without experimenting with the game a bit, and it's definitely going to be very slow - you'd want to run it in single player :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Deconstruction would help...

The easiest option I can think of is to simply edit the settings (Main menu -> Options -> Mods) to turn off "Enable small alien artifacts".
If you do actually want them on... do that, load the game, save the game, then turn the option back on again.

It will however also delete all small alien artifacts everywhere, not just on the ground, so you might want to try to convert them to large artifacts first.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Cobaia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobaia »

bobingabout wrote:Deconstruction would help...

The easiest option I can think of is to simply edit the settings (Main menu -> Options -> Mods) to turn off "Enable small alien artifacts".
If you do actually want them on... do that, load the game, save the game, then turn the option back on again.

It will however also delete all small alien artifacts everywhere, not just on the ground, so you might want to try to convert them to large artifacts first.
Deconstruction is not possible in this case. The aliens kill the robots and we had around 5M artefacts spreed on map.

This Lua command worked fine. Now im gonna try to turn off "Enable small alien artifacts".

Tks for all the answares.

/c
for chunk in game.surfaces.nauvis.getchunks() do
local top, left = chunk.x * 32, chunk.y * 32
local bottom, right = top + 32, left + 32
for , ent in pairs(game.surfaces.nauvis.find_entities_filtered{area = {{top, left}, {bottom, right}}, name ="item-on-ground"}) do
if ent.stack then
ent.stack.clear()
end
end

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi maybe a new huge Magnetron building could be just the ticket? :)

it could be a large building (a bit like a robo port), but made of strong meterials and lots of concrete and steel, so that it has a lot of HitPoints.

and then, whenever it detects more than a certain amount of artifacts around it (in its large area of affect like a huge turret radius),
it simply switches itself on, using a large amount of electricity power, but then sucks in all of the artifacts around it, and then 1 little belt can bring it closer to you :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The problem with that is the "Detect" part. Detecting is kind of slow, so building more than a couple dozen would likely result in terrible lag... depending on how big the scan zone is.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

ah ok thats fair enough, I didnt know much about lua and modding,
maybe cobaias base and game is so huge its a rarer case, or they are ok with the lua command, though maybe a 3rd type of robot could work... one that is only good for picking up artifacts, but had huge hitpoints :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Cobaia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobaia »

Like bobingabout said, this change on modsettings fixed the issue without lua command.

"startup": {
"bobmods-enemies-aliensdropartifacts": {
"value": false
},
"bobmods-enemies-enableartifacts": {
"value": true
},
"bobmods-enemies-enablenewartifacts": {
"value": true
},
"bobmods-enemies-enablesmallartifacts": {
"value": false