[MOD 0.18] ShinyBobGFX

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] ShinyBobGFX

Post by fishycat »

Here's my log-file. Must be something you changed in this version, because in 0.15.1 it worked with same mods.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

I rewrote the entire thing from scratch for 15.2 so ... =]

Regardless, thanks for the report and I hope you like it. Uploading version 15.4 tonight.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

No problem at all. I'm enjoying your mods a lot, fantastic job!

I found a little thing in 15.4 - see in picture, the pumps are all at the end.
Attachments
2017-09-17 15_14_00-Factorio 0.15.34.jpg
2017-09-17 15_14_00-Factorio 0.15.34.jpg (150.65 KiB) Viewed 7638 times

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Seems I'd forgotten they existed, ditto the air pumps. I'll move them to be together just after the pumpjacks. What's the purple thing that's there?

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

The lonely purple plate is alien-bioconstruct from Alien-wall mod.

Is it possible to put the greenhouse next to the other labs?

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

I'll have to think on the greenhouse thing, I kept it separate because it looks like a lab but isn't one. I will think about moving it though.

Currently that line is a placeholder for solo buildings that don't fit elsewhere (Greenhouses, compression factory, fuel processor, distillery) maybe I can stick the alien wall there too once I can figure out why I can't load it.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Ah ok, didn't know that with the placeholder line. Sounds good to me with the alien wall plate. you need these purple plates to actually build the alien wall, which are then in the military compartment.

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

hallo, what happened to Titanium chest and Tungsten chest?!

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

I dunno. I remember them existing, but I don't have them in any of my games. Tell me what mod adds them so I can find the internal name and I'll happily sort them to be with the iron and steel.

Tharagon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tharagon »

Tell me what mod adds them so I can find the internal name and I'll happily sort them to be with the iron and steel.
I might be wrong, but I could imagine they came with "ShinyBob" (not to be mixed up with ShinyBobGFX), which - if I see this correctly - started under the name of "ExtraChests". If this is true, then somebody would have to port these chests into some 0.15 mod first :|
Last edited by Tharagon on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tharagon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tharagon »

I would like to suggest a replacement for the assembly caps. The current hi-res caps were colored with little love, including some props, which end up only half colored. Also the screws and rust were colored which take a lot of its original beauty.

Cap files are here:
http://web.personal-webspace.de/Factori ... -3-cap.png
http://web.personal-webspace.de/Factori ... -5-cap.png
http://web.personal-webspace.de/Factori ... -6-cap.png

...I could also create a yellow and a blue one, but I think these cap would work great with the vanilla graphics for yellow and blue.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

As the the chests, it's certainly possible that ShinyBob added them originally. But, I'm trying to limit this mod to graphical/icon changes only. No added items so I don't have any plans to add them in. ShinyIcons will happily sort someone else's chests if someone wants it done though.

As for your caps, you're absolutely right. My caps ended up sloppy and I should have revisited them, yours certainly look better. I remember getting frustrated that the sprite sheets were of varying sizes and that it wasn't consistent between high res and low res. I'll take a closer look this weekend and make sure it works for me for all five machines, you alright with me flat out stealing your work and putting in my mod?

Tharagon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tharagon »

Zombiee wrote:As [for] the chests [...] I don't have any plans to add them in. ShinyIcons will happily sort someone else's chests if someone wants it done though.
I will have a look. I miss them, too. Maybe I can revive them under the name of "Extra Chests for Bob" or someting like that.
Zombiee wrote:I'll take a closer look this weekend and make sure it works for me for all five machines, you alright with me flat out stealing your work and putting in my mod?
I would be very happy if you include them into this mod. Feel free to adjust them to your needs. I can offer you the Photoshop file if you like (although its a bit messy) and I can offer you to create a blue and yellow cap in 1712x872.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

That's an incredible amount of work, thank you for them. I WILL be stealing them. Just need to change to colours of my low res and your hi-res a little so they're consistent. Mine have always been too bold on assemblers but I might need to tweak yours to be a little less faded.

Tharagon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tharagon »

Great!

Personally I don't think that low and hi-res have to have the exact same color tone.
I used less saturated colors on purpose for the hi-res to have a better match with the vanilla colors.
But do as you like :P

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Uploading new version now, only ended up changed the color a little on three of the five. Hope you like.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] ShinyBobGFX

Post by fishycat »

Hi, thanks for the updates, really like it. I found some little minor quirks.
Pic 1
Pic 2

edit: in pic 1 with 1 3 5... I got it now... :mrgreen:

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] ShinyBobGFX

Post by Zombiee »

Thanks for the bits.

The void and loot chest are from what mod? I can move them to the chest line.

Belt buffer, will move to either chests or belts. Is there only the 1 tech level?

Bot replacer, I'll move somewhere. Probably beside landfill, maybe into the bot tab?

The YARM monitor is alone because that's a special line. Ping tool, nanobots, upgrade planner, etc all live/lived there. I could move whatever the purple thing is (below the air compressors) there as well?

The furnaces are a mess because ShinyBobGFX hasn't colored them yet and I'm not sure how to break it up exactly. I'm open to suggestions.

Return to “Bob's mods”