[MOD 0.18] ShinyBobGFX

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] ShinyBobGFX

Post by Light »

I honestly feel nuclear reactors don't need any sort of buff. They easily create many GW of power which should satisfy the needs of anyone. It's actually something I've nerfed down with other mods by making them far more fuel demanding and expanding their processing chain to demand more ores for upkeep. They're easy power but they should be hard to maintain as a side effect, which vanilla has no downside at all for unlimited power, but I digress.

The only thing I could never get working with your mods is the Mk3 HE and turbines. No matter how hot I'd get the reactors at, I couldn't keep the heat maintained in the HE once steam was created, unlike the Mk2's which hold just above the threshold and work flawlessly. Creating 1.9GW using Mk2's is plenty already, so I've never really had a reason to bring it up until now. The 1:2 HE idea might still be a good one for convenience sake though.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you already get massive amounts of energy out of a reactor with 2*N configuration reactors with x2 to x4 times power are just much more then you need. In my mind. You could also lower the output of turbines a bit to fit. So 4 MK1 10MW HE with 8 turbines. Maybe make the later tiers massively more expansive but give them big steps like 10 MW HE per level so you need 4:8 MK4 for a reactor with three adjacency. and 4:8 MK3 for 2 adjacency.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Hey Zombiee,

I'm trying to add a loader for Bob's Logistics' tier 0 (the basic/black tier) and would like it to sort appropriately when used with ShinyIcons. I'm a total novice with lua, so am not clear on how to inject/repurpose/or extend your ShinyIcon sorting to sort it appropriately.

Essentially I need a new line under your loader sorting category for a basic-loader with sort a0. :[

Edit: I have a gnarly work-around solution, so a fix on your end isn't necessary unless you want to. <3

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

New loader name is "basic-loader" ? I'll add tonight and update. For modifying my mod for your personal use in the meantime just add the following line into functions.lua. I'd say add it at line 239, but the only reason is just for organization. Could shove it with most of the other similar lines without issue. Later in the code I have a lot conditionals that could mess you up though (aka - things get moved to different tabs depending on which combination of mods exists)

Code: Select all

{"basic-loader","shinybelt4","a0"},
Regardless, that you like my mod enough that you're trying to add things gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Ah much appreciated. once your update goes out I'll strip out my bandaid from my mod. It was gross and hackish, but I wanted it to work without having to hack your mod too.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

The radars using Big Brother Bob's Plugin aren't playing nice anymore. They all look the same and thus we forget which of the 20 radars are lower tier.

Suffice to say I think the family is too used to the colour coding system and become annoyed when things look identical in large numbers.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Hmm, I never killed the code for it. I'll take a look tonight.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] ShinyBobGFX

Post by aklesey1 »

xeln4g4 wrote:hallo, what happened to Titanium chest and Tungsten chest?!
Hi Zombiee
Have u plans to add tungsten chest that'll be more capacious than titanium chest?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

No plans to add items. I've tried to be careful to limit any changes to purely visual things. The graphic you place and it's corresponding icon. The equipment in a grid graphics have been pointed as not matching the icon and I'll probably adjust that as well. But it terms of any balance changes, recipe changes and/or adding item - not this mod. Sorry

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm sure Zombiee will continue to poke me on discord with ideas and suggestions.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Light wrote:The radars using Big Brother Bob's Plugin aren't playing nice anymore. They all look the same and thus we forget which of the 20 radars are lower tier.
Suffice to say I think the family is too used to the colour coding system and become annoyed when things look identical in large numbers.
I use a deconstruction planer for that. If you set the filter and draw over it it shows only the fitting ones.

dan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dan »

The mod worked but today after updating some other mods stopped working. Image

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Back from the undead. Will work on updating this weekend.

McArnar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by McArnar »

Ohhh thank god you are back. The current look is just...bad.

Currently the difference between the circuit boards is almost none.
Attachments
circuitboards.png
circuitboards.png (20.72 KiB) Viewed 7145 times

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] ShinyBobGFX

Post by Zombiee »

New update is now live and *mostly* functional. Large mining drills look the same as regular and power poles are not yet colored because I'm a bad lazy undead. The vintage circuits return, though I do think Bob's new circuits look good.

They need something to differentiate the board from the finished circuit that isn't so subtle but the circuits following the color coding (Yellow, red, blue, purple) is rather nice. But when you cheat at look at the fullsize icon out of game, this is gorgeous.
basic-electronic-circuit-board.png
basic-electronic-circuit-board.png (14.87 KiB) Viewed 7068 times
PS - Though I do question how those 4 resistors makes an inserter function.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

The boards are probably the worst part for me. Either because I'm so used to this mod keeping with the simple vanilla theme, or because they look a lot like this:

ImageImage

They're too busy to really see much going on when they're so tiny.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm
The boards are probably the worst part for me. Either because I'm so used to this mod keeping with the simple vanilla theme, or because they look a lot like this:

you know, if you look in the settings, you can turn off "colour coded" and they return to the previously realistic brown, white, green and blue colours.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 pm
Light wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm

you know, if you look in the settings, you can turn off "colour coded" and they return to the previously realistic brown, white, green and blue colours.
Which reminds me, with all the new mod updates it would be a good idea to sift through the settings to see what's newly added.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Well.... I probably need to do a 0.16 style remix of most reskinners now.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

0.17 update is live over at the mod portal. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ShinyIcons/downloads

Return to “Bob's mods”