[0.15.18][0.15.1] Adjustable Inserters Migrated content spam

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.18][0.15.1] Adjustable Inserters Migrated content spam

Post by Tergiver »

Add Bob's Adjustable Inserters mod to a vanilla 0.15.18 with no other mods.
Start a new game.
Migrated content
Removed entities
express-inserter 128
plastic-pipe 392
plastic-pipe-to-ground 524
electric-chemical-mixing-furnace-2 8
bob-greenhouse 20
If you save that game and re-load it, the dialog appears every time.

Also the upper-left icon (for placing new, configured inserters) does not show up. I can press the shortcut key to get the GUI and configure an existing inserter, but cannot pre-configure new ones.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.18][0.15.1] Adjustable Inserters Migrated content spam

Post by bobingabout »

I have no idea why a vanilla game+Inserters mod would cause those migrations to happen, those are all items from other bobmods, and aren't mentioned in the inserters mod.

as for the icon, that is added by the Logistics mod, not inserters mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

I figured out the migration 'problem'. It's my blueprint-storage.dat file which I copied over from another installation. So it's migrating my blueprints every time it loads/starts a game.

The solution, of course, is to remove the offending blueprints from that installation.
Last edited by Tergiver on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

bobingabout wrote:as for the icon, that is added by the Logistics mod, not inserters mod.
Shouldn't it be added by the inserters mod?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tergiver wrote:
bobingabout wrote:as for the icon, that is added by the Logistics mod, not inserters mod.
Shouldn't it be added by the inserters mod?
I have been thinking about that. Maybe I Should add a poll.

But basically, the icon "pre place inserter menu" was added to the logistics mod to replace the multiple types of inserter that were removed from that mod
I also have a Patreon.

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

Speaking of replacing inserters, I think you could go further. There could be only two inserters: Burner and Powered. Everything else, filtering, stack size, and speed could be configurable.

Perhaps there are tiers: Mk I, Mk II, etc. where each tier adds new functionality (speed, filtering, stack sizes). People then could have a choice to carry one universal (expensive) inserter or make just the ones they need. And of course it preserves the existing progression.

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

Another idea I had pertains to the icon. I never use the "combo-select" pre-configure options, only the GUI. I always open the icon, click the override for GUI, place inserters, then uncheck and close the icon. This could be simplified by having two icons, one for "combo-select", and one for GUI. If one of them is open (they are mutually exclusive), they are overriding. It's a bit less clicking.

The GUI for pre-configuring is a bit confusing right now. When using the GUI on an existing inserter, North is always North, but for the pre-configure GUI it seems like North is arbitrary. North is always North, or an arrow on the GUI showing which way it's rotated would be nice.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tergiver wrote:Speaking of replacing inserters, I think you could go further. There could be only two inserters: Burner and Powered. Everything else, filtering, stack size, and speed could be configurable.

Perhaps there are tiers: Mk I, Mk II, etc. where each tier adds new functionality (speed, filtering, stack sizes). People then could have a choice to carry one universal (expensive) inserter or make just the ones they need. And of course it preserves the existing progression.
that isn't really possible.
Stack sizes apply to all inserters, and can only distinguish between a standard, or stack inserter.
Speed is also hardwired into the inserter itself.
Tergiver wrote:Another idea I had pertains to the icon. I never use the "combo-select" pre-configure options, only the GUI. I always open the icon, click the override for GUI, place inserters, then uncheck and close the icon. This could be simplified by having two icons, one for "combo-select", and one for GUI. If one of them is open (they are mutually exclusive), they are overriding. It's a bit less clicking.

The GUI for pre-configuring is a bit confusing right now. When using the GUI on an existing inserter, North is always North, but for the pre-configure GUI it seems like North is arbitrary. North is always North, or an arrow on the GUI showing which way it's rotated would be nice.
That's basically because of the way the GUIs were written. if the pre-place menu was explicit to the placement like the post-placement menu is, then attempting to rotate the inserter before you place it would do nothing. but once you've already placed the inserter and are configuring it, it makes more sense that the position you click is the literal position that it tries to use. If I was going to change either, it would be to make post-place work the same as pre-place, but that would require reconfiguring the entire mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tergiver »

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. Love your suit of mods!

Return to “Bob's mods”