[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

cengbrecht
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Modules.

Post by cengbrecht »

Hey Bob!
I was thinking about the RAW modules, and if we add all those extra modules to the one module, it should degrade the max power of the raw module.
ie. RAW Speed module doesn't emit any pollution, or add extra power needs but it should always be slightly weaker than the speed module of the same level.
It's too bad you couldn't have a random value of potential loss applied to the raw modules at the creation of the map.
ie. a 1-6% drop in the max power of a raw module verses the original power of the non-raw mod.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Modules.

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:Most of what you have mentioned is configurable.

Okay, the merged modules can't be configured to add extra effects, but if you look at their costs, to produce one raw productivity module costs almost as much as the 3 modules, productivity, polution cleaning, and effectivity. if you change the config to include the speed drop, raw productivity also requires to cost to build a speed and another effectivity module to cancel out.

But yeah, some of the options you can change if you download the config mod are: How much of each stat on the modules, do you need speed on productivity or not, and is there a "Productivity filter" that locks them to only be able to be used on certain things. You can also outright turn off merged modules.

if you find the default settings too easy, I strongly sugest you take a look at the config mod and play with the values, and turn on productivity filters.

Having said that, I have thought about changing the values for the next release (for 0.13)
hi author, I would like to ask how you can replace prescription product? basic module .. ie remove the ferric chloride and add something else (purely for myself I want to)
Attachments
bandicam 2016-02-15 02-37-44-200.jpg
bandicam 2016-02-15 02-37-44-200.jpg (84.33 KiB) Viewed 7234 times

Ryuu15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Modules.

Post by Ryuu15 »

nice mods ... its greatly ballanced :D

ritonlajoie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ritonlajoie »

Hi !
We noticed putting productivity modules in assemblies that empty and fill petrol barrels are a way to multiply the petrol. I think in vanilla it's not possible to put modules in such cases ?
Thanks !

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

ritonlajoie wrote:Hi !
We noticed putting productivity modules in assemblies that empty and fill petrol barrels are a way to multiply the petrol. I think in vanilla it's not possible to put modules in such cases ?
Thanks !
Productivity limiting option is not enabled by default - you'd need to enable it in config mod.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, I have the solution programmed already, but it's disabled by default because if you enable it, it will simply "Delete" the modules already installed in places they shouldn't be. (When loading a game in progress)

It "should" be enabled by default in the next version.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, I have the solution programmed already, but it's disabled by default because if you enable it, it will simply "Delete" the modules already installed in places they shouldn't be. (When loading a game in progress)

It "should" be enabled by default in the next version.
hello Bob!

find bug! Beacon not work in God modules - normal modeules work
screen
bandicam 2016-06-10 17-51-12-507.jpg
bandicam 2016-06-10 17-51-12-507.jpg (350.6 KiB) Viewed 6460 times
bandicam 2016-06-10 17-51-05-417.jpg
bandicam 2016-06-10 17-51-05-417.jpg (353.35 KiB) Viewed 6460 times
and idea!
God modules 2
More Speed and and there is no pollution, but consumes a lot of energy

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:hello Bob!

That is not a bug. The Beacon does not transmit productivity, and God Modules have productivity on them. The modules that do not work in it are Productivity, Raw Productivity and God, all others work with it.

Also, a side note, I like how the beacon is basically called "Mark" in russian XD
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:hello Bob!

That is not a bug. The Beacon does not transmit productivity, and God Modules have productivity on them. The modules that do not work in it are Productivity, Raw Productivity and God, all others work with it.

Also, a side note, I like how the beacon is basically called "Mark" in russian XD
and it is possible to introduce yourself? I want at least to make himself :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:and it is possible to introduce yourself? I want at least to make himself :)
I don't understand what you're asking here.

But I tell you what I will do.
For the next release of modules mod, I will add the option for Beacon to transmit Productivity.
If you turn this option on you will be able to put god modules in your beacon.
I also have a Patreon.

Animar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Animar »

Hi there

I absolutly love that all your module that include Productivity bonus are not limited to raw materials and intermediate products, but there is the slight issue that one can simply dupe any liquids and gases by packing and unpacking (via barrel or gasbottle) endlessly. That was kinda game braking for me. I kow i kow i could just not do it, but if the possibility is there and you are in dire needs it's very tempting.

I disabled Godmodules a long time ago, they are way to overpowered for my taste. There is also the option to enable productivity only on Registered intermediates. So i was thinking how hard would it be to block Productivity Modules only from fluids ?

In all honesty, I realy enjoy your mod(s) complexity. A factory with 300+ hours can't lie. Playing the upcoming 0.13 Factorio release vanilla will surly be plain.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Animar wrote:I disabled Godmodules a long time ago, they are way to overpowered for my taste. There is also the option to enable productivity only on Registered intermediates. So i was thinking how hard would it be to block Productivity Modules only from fluids ?
Since all recipes are basically the same, you'd have to create a limitations table that includes all recipes you want to use them on manually (Like I did in my mods).
I also have a Patreon.

Lukas0120
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Post by Lukas0120 »

I tested that mod togheter with 5dim's modules/Andrews Modules
It seems to be incompatible with both of these mods (Factorio version 0.13)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Lukas0120 wrote:I tested that mod togheter with 5dim's modules/Andrews Modules
It seems to be incompatible with both of these mods (Factorio version 0.13)
can you be a little more specific?
I also have a Patreon.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

To be honest Andrews sounds a lot like a copy of bobs, but havent really taken a look into it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Considering mine was designed to replace the base game stuff with a whole new set, it was never really designed to work with other module mods...

What is it doing now, and what did you expect it to do? I might be able to change the behavour... maybe.
I also have a Patreon.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

On the topic of andrews mods copying from bob:
I hope he at least asked for permission, because there is no credit
Attachments
bob-andrew-2.png
bob-andrew-2.png (75.52 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
bob-andrew.png
bob-andrew.png (90.84 KiB) Viewed 6497 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Arch666Angel wrote:On the topic of andrews mods copying from bob:I hope he at least asked for permission, because there is no credit
He did not :(

At least when I "Borrowed" Icons from other people's mods, like DyTech at the time (for things like the Glass icon... I can't think of anything else right now), I atleast asked if I could use it.

Seriously though, those icons are taken stright from my mod, not only do they have the quirky names like far, the express inserter icon is still named purple!

What did he do, edit my mod and re-release it? That's a clear violation of the liscence! If you look on the mod portal, the liscence is listed as custom, distribution or private use only. that means no modification, and no corporate use. with hold liable and copyright declaration. Although probably burried somewhere, there is a topic about it on the forums too. (I really should clean up and stickify the liscence)

I mean, it has been done before, with bobwarfare, someone edited that so it didn't depend on plates, but they told me, and I let them do it. And Athmagor wanted to create a single bobmod compilation mod, with changes, to which I said no, as a compromise he basically made a mod that performs all his changes, with all mine as a dependancy. from what I can tell he's outright stollen my work and redistributed it as his own.

Anyway, lets hope it's not as bad as it sounds... if all he's taken is icons, well, he can have the inserters, but it would have been nice if he asked first.
I also have a Patreon.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

bobingabout wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:On the topic of andrews mods copying from bob:I hope he at least asked for permission, because there is no credit
He did not :(

At least when I "Borrowed" Icons from other people's mods, like DyTech at the time (for things like the Glass icon... I can't think of anything else right now), I atleast asked if I could use it.

Seriously though, those icons are taken stright from my mod, not only do they have the quirky names like far, the express inserter icon is still named purple!

What did he do, edit my mod and re-release it? That's a clear violation of the liscence! If you look on the mod portal, the liscence is listed as custom, distribution or private use only. that means no modification, and no corporate use. with hold liable and copyright declaration. Although probably burried somewhere, there is a topic about it on the forums too. (I really should clean up and stickify the liscence)

I mean, it has been done before, with bobwarfare, someone edited that so it didn't depend on plates, but they told me, and I let them do it. And Athmagor wanted to create a single bobmod compilation mod, with changes, to which I said no, as a compromise he basically made a mod that performs all his changes, with all mine as a dependancy. from what I can tell he's outright stollen my work and redistributed it as his own.

Anyway, lets hope it's not as bad as it sounds... if all he's taken is icons, well, he can have the inserters, but it would have been nice if he asked first.
Oh he is already getting flamed on the mod portal, so people are quiet aware that he just plain copied things, just took a look into the mod files, no interesst in playing with them, so cant say what else he plain copied over.

Edit:
From boblibrary:

Code: Select all

function bobmods.lib.machine_has_category(machine, category_in)
  local hasit = false
  for i, category in pairs(machine.crafting_categories) do
    if category == category_in then
      hasit = true
    end
  end
  return hasit
end

function bobmods.lib.machine_add_category(machine, category)
  if not bobmods.lib.machine_has_category(machine, category) then
    table.insert(machine.crafting_categories, category)
  end
end

function bobmods.lib.machine_type_if_category_add_category(machine_type, category, category_to_add)
  for i, machine in pairs(data.raw[machine_type]) do
    if bobmods.lib.machine_has_category(machine, category) then
      bobmods.lib.machine_add_category(machine, category_to_add)
    end
  end
end
From Andrews library mod:

Code: Select all

function machine_has_category(machine, category_in)
  local hasit = false
  for i, category in pairs(machine.crafting_categories) do
    if category == category_in then
      hasit = true
    end
  end
  return hasit
end

function machine_add_category(machine, category)
  if not machine_has_category(machine, category) then
    table.insert(machine.crafting_categories, category)
  end
end

function machine_type_if_category_add_category(machine_type, category, category_to_add)
  for i, machine in pairs(data.raw[machine_type]) do
    if machine_has_category(machine, category) then
      machine_add_category(machine, category_to_add)
    end
  end
end

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, that's pretty much a stright copy...

I also noticed that although I specified a custom liscence on the mod portal, it lists liscence as: "NA"... Looks like someone needs to fix the mod portal.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”