[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Power mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Power mod

Post by bobingabout »

Long story short, why those numbers?
Because the numbers used to be very different and overpowered, those are the numbers someone else used when they changed my mod to be more reasonable.

Also, I use the "+50%" thing quite often, so if I were doing it myself it would either become 0.1, 0.15, 0.2 or 0.1, 0.15, 0.225.

As for changing it to a 150C limit.... that's actually a little more difficult than it sounds, because the way water heats is semi-hardcoded.

HOWEVER, even if I were to think what you are suggesting is a good idea and go and change it....... This entire concept is being removed in 0.15 anyway, so it would be a huge waste of time. In 0.15, heated water will actually create steam. Unfortunately, we have no idea how the game will actually do this until it is released.

So in my opinion, the best thing to do is just wait until 0.15 comes out, then start playing with numbers.

It's one reason why I've not been actively doing any modding recently, when you get 4 FFFs in a row that basically tell you "Oh, for 0.15 you're going to have to completely rewrite a large part of your mod", it kind of puts you off wanting to mod anymore. So aside from the possibility of a few bug fixes, Bob's mods for 0.14 are complete.

It's also why I have stated on several occasions that since so many features are changing how they work in 0.15, it could take quite some time before everything is updated to 0.15. previous updates have taken anywhere from hours, to a week. For 0.15 I'd estimate it to take a month to fully update everything to work well in 0.15. It might be possible to have something that "Works" after a week or two, but with so many changes throughout the whole mod, I estimate it's going to take at least a month before everything is complete.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

💀 REZZING 💀 this thread as to avoid dumping everything in the "General Discussion" thread...

So, looks like that the pollution displayed in the infocard (and crafting tooltip) for the Burner electric generator is misleading ?
bob_burner_generator_pollution.png
bob_burner_generator_pollution.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1585 times
(first burning coal, then wood, disregard the dip, I ran out of wood XD )

Code: Select all

{
    type = "generator",
    name = "burner-generator",
    icon = "__bobpower__/graphics/icons/burner-generator.png",
    icon_size = 64,
    flags = {"placeable-neutral","player-creation"},
    minable = {mining_time = 0.5, result = "burner-generator"},
    max_health = 200,
    corpse = "big-remnants",
    dying_explosion = "medium-explosion",
    effectivity = 0.75,
    max_power_output = "400kW",
    resistances =
    {
      {
        type = "fire",
        percent = 70
      },
      {
        type = "impact",
        percent = 30
      }
    },
    fast_replaceable_group = "burner-generator",
    collision_box = {{-1.35, -1.35}, {1.35, 1.35}},
    selection_box = {{-1.5, -1.5}, {1.5, 1.5}},
    energy_source =
    {
      type = "electric",
      usage_priority = "secondary-output",
      emissions_per_minute = 8,
    },
    burner =
    {
      fuel_category = "chemical",
      effectivity = 0.75,
      fuel_inventory_size = 1,
      emissions_per_minute = 15,
    },
[...]
Seems like that it's emissions_per_minute from energy_source that is displayed (what tipped me off is that it didn't double when I put coal in it!), but it's the emissions_per_minute from burner that is actually emitted !

Maybe it's just an oversight from -
bobingabout wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:15 pm
Power 0.17.10:
Removed production science pack from Oil burning heat source 2.
Burner electric generator. Reduced power output to 400kW, increased Pollution to 15/m and added stone furnace and iron gear wheels to recipe.
Added heat pipe technology as a gateway to all technologies that use heatpipes (and T2 and T3) if steam power, burner heat sources, or nuclear power are enabled.
- the 8 having not been updated to 15 ?

(Also, I wonder if it's the same for the two effectivities - one showing up, the other having an actual effect ? They're identical here though...)

P.S.: Steam powered entities are really cool !
But where are the steam-powered labs, radars and inserters? :P
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:28 pm
- the 8 having not been updated to 15 ?
There's some quirkiness in the source code for generators.

Related to the pollution, to fix it would "Add too many function clones to the generator", so, I guess we're stuck with that one being broken for now.

I could try to update the electric one to 15, but from last time I looked at the code, if the generator has a burner it SHOULD report the burner's emissions... unless someone reverted my Pull.
EDIT: Looked at source, someone reverted it.

BlueTemplar wrote:
(Also, I wonder if it's the same for the two effectivities - one showing up, the other having an actual effect ? They're identical here though...)
The efficiency on the entity itself is the one that is always shown, but is only used if you're in fluid power mode.
The efficiency on the burner energy source is only used if in burner mode, and never reported.
BlueTemplar wrote:
LOL, my old preview from when I was working on fluid energy source.

This was a screenshot more to prove what was possible than what I was adding to my mods.
I was working on "Dynamic energy source reactor" at the same time, which is why there's a water powered and steam powered reactor in that screenshot.

You can't really see the inserter properly because of all the overlays, but it really does look dumb, most of it is a pipe connection.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”