[1.1] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Necriptos »

Hello everyone, i'm making a full topic for my mod that was previously being discussed in Bob's Mod Graphics Update Discussion

Download : mod portal

GitHub : https://github.com/Ncrpts/bobmods_gfxtweak

Removed stuff because it was implemented better elsewhere:

New animated sprites for Construction and Logistics robots mk2 mk3 and mk4 made by CitizenJoe :

Construction idle/moving :
Image Image Image
working :

Logistics :
Image Image Image

(Sorry for bad gif quality, used a script to make them they dont have this white outline ingame)

new Research icons for Advanced Robots 1, 2 & 3 :
Image Image Image
Description :

This is a set of alternate textures for Bob's mods the goal was to make them more "vanilla friendly" while keeping bob's spirit in them, you can configure wich textures you'd like to use in the mods settings menu.

Bob's Electronics new components [/img]are based on vanilla Factorio components.
Bob's Warfare new textures were made by CitizenJoe.
Bob's Logistics new textures were also made by CitizenJoe. (note: removed in 0.17+)
More textures to come later, if you'd like to contribute to this project please show us what you got in here, if it fits vanilla more than what bob's mod currently use we would love to add it to this project.

Also, all the textures are unlicensed, feel free to use them anywhere you'd like.

Changelog :

0.15.1 - Added to mod portal (previously known as Bob's Electronics alternate textures), Added Bob's Warfare icons made by CitizenJoe, added mod settings in settings menu.
0.15.2 - Added the new icons to their corresponding tech (you were still seeing the old tech icons wich was creating inconsistency in the color scheme)
0.15.3 - Added new animated sprites for Construction and Logistic robots MK2, MK3 and MK4 made by CitizenJoe, see gifs in the post
0.16.0 - Updated to version .16, nothing new has been added yet, they are new robots (logistics and construction mk4) that will not be retextured yet. everything else should looks the same as it did in .15
0.17.0 - Updated to version .17, very late update i'm sorry, removed robots because the ones in bob's mode are of higher quality, updated code to allow my lower res picture to overwrite the higher res one from bob's.
0.18.0 - Updated to version .18, not much changed, added optional settings to disable tech icons override.
1.1.0 - Updated to version 1.1, No changes, tech icons are no longer being replaced by this mod.

Upcoming Features :
- Nothing new really planned anymore, i'll try to keep the mod updated to newer versions when someone reminds me and I'm open for requests.

Other:
- Note that the mod is not compatible with Shiny mod, as of right now shiny mod will overwrite all the textures by default because it will be loaded last, you can get the components textures if you disable the component textures from shiny bob's in it's mod settings, but when both mods are active at the same time there is no way to get the other textures because shiny mod's warfare textures are not disable-able. I strongly recommend you to pick one or the other.
Last edited by Necriptos on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:54 am, edited 8 times in total.

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Necriptos »

Updated to 15.2 : Added the new icons to their corresponding tech (you were still seeing the old tech icons wich was creating inconsistency in the color scheme)

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necriptos »

Updated to 15.3 : Added new animated sprites for Construction and Logistic robots MK2, MK3 and MK4 made by CitizenJoe, see gifs in the top post

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Air »

Great mod!
I used shinybob before. But it hasn't been updated to 0.15. And for some reason it also changes a lot of logic along with the textures. (which is why I couldn't simple modify it myself to support 0.15)
Your mod has been a saver for me. I hope in the future you add textures for poles, mines, radars etc. Having all tier1-tier4 pictures be the same - sucks.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Greetings,

Any chance your upcoming textures would include some differentiation on the parts to build the robots? Mk1 thru Mk4 tools/weapons in particular because there are no visual differences and it bothers me. A lot.

I've recently revived the original ShinyBob pattern in ShinyBobGFX and my plans have been limited to tinting on-map entities so I could tell them apart (and their icons). Our changes don't seem to have much crossover (just circuits for now) and what you've done already looks better than anything I could imagine creating. Would you mind me putting a link to your mod in my mod description?

zgrillo2004
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zgrillo2004 »

Hi. Can this mod be reverse compatible with 0.14.23?

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necriptos »

Zombiee wrote:Greetings,

Any chance your upcoming textures would include some differentiation on the parts to build the robots? Mk1 thru Mk4 tools/weapons in particular because there are no visual differences and it bothers me. A lot.

I've recently revived the original ShinyBob pattern in ShinyBobGFX and my plans have been limited to tinting on-map entities so I could tell them apart (and their icons). Our changes don't seem to have much crossover (just circuits for now) and what you've done already looks better than anything I could imagine creating. Would you mind me putting a link to your mod in my mod description?
Hello, the robot components part had been on my radar for a while now but the truth is i don't really know how to change them to make them more "vanilla" themed, once i came up with an idea or someone make some cool looking ones i'll make sure to add them.

I myself only did the components and the code, all credits for the rest to CitizenJoe's amazing work. And you can link this mod anywhere, also it's unlicensed so feel free to pick up textures or code and put it anywhere you see fit :)
zgrillo2004 wrote:Hi. Can this mod be reverse compatible with 0.14.23?
Hello,

there as been some changes with some of the stuff during the transition to 0.15 so you could just try to change the versions in the info.json and see if that works, or you could download the old mod wich is still up in the portal for that purpose : https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Necripto ... s_gfxtweak it's final version is 0.14 but it only has the components.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Necriptos wrote:you can link this mod anywhere,
Groovy, I'll do so. I really like what your mod does and the look of the graphics CitizenJoe made. Creating new graphics from nothing is not something I can do. That said, if I feel froggy I might clean up the recolors I've done for my personal play and send em your way. That sort of change doesn't fit in ShinyBobGFX and I'm trying to be really careful to keep it limited to it's current scope.
Necriptos wrote:feel free to pick up textures or code and put it anywhere
Once I'm done with my current to-do list, I might steal the robot stuff and recolor it since it's different than my color progression but I doubt it. I rather like the look of them as is.

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necriptos »

Just bumping the thread to let you all know i updated the mod to 0.16 sorry for being late to the party

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Zombiee »

Welcome back! I ended up doing my own recolor of robots and ammo bits but clearly took inspiration from yours. I look forward to any further changes you may make.

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Necriptos »

Zombiee wrote:Welcome back! I ended up doing my own recolor of robots and ammo bits but clearly took inspiration from yours. I look forward to any further changes you may make.
Thank you for your support :D, Yeah i noticed you ShinyBobGFX looks really great, i want to add an optional dependency to it and make a checkbox in the mod option menu to allow the user to choose wich version they prefer for the textures both mods changed so they can coexist in the same environnement, i haven't tried to launch both and see what happen at the moment, with no clear dependancy i assume the texture picked is choosed by either alphabetical order or at random wich can be annoying for someone who wants only certain textures from each, as for future changes i planed to add the new robot tier and change some of the new modules textures to make them match the base ones more.

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Necriptos »

Hey everyone, just updated to 0.17. changelog:

17.0 - Updated to version .17, very late update i'm sorry, removed robots because the ones in bob's mode are of higher quality, updated code to allow my lower res picture to overwrite the higher res one from bob's.

Another note, this mod is not compatible with ShinyBobGFX, have both enabled and you won't see this mod's texture, only components can be toggled in ShinyBobGFX mod settings.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Can you update the textures for glass, the zinc plate, and the rockets?

obuw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by obuw »

Hey there, I really love the textures you made! I did some quick changes to your mod for my personal use:

- I added shinybobgfx as an optional dependency, which causes your mod to be loaded *after* shinybobgfx, allowing it to overwrite the textures.
- If shinybobgfx is installed, it won't replace shotgun technology icons (as shinybobgfx provides 256x versions - could probably add a config setting?)
- Added a config setting to enable/disable ammo icons separately from the rest of the warfare icons. I love your textures, but since the rockets are missing I wanted to go with shinybobgfx for the final ammo icons, so I added a config option to toggle just those ones on/off.

Would you like me to send you the changes I made, in case you want to merge some of them into the mod?

Cheers.
Obuw's Warfare - Combat improvements

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necriptos »

Hey everyone, Updated the mod to 0.18, Enjoy.

obuw wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:49 pm
Hey there, I really love the textures you made! I did some quick changes to your mod for my personal use:

- I added shinybobgfx as an optional dependency, which causes your mod to be loaded *after* shinybobgfx, allowing it to overwrite the textures.
- If shinybobgfx is installed, it won't replace shotgun technology icons (as shinybobgfx provides 256x versions - could probably add a config setting?)
- Added a config setting to enable/disable ammo icons separately from the rest of the warfare icons. I love your textures, but since the rockets are missing I wanted to go with shinybobgfx for the final ammo icons, so I added a config option to toggle just those ones on/off.

Would you like me to send you the changes I made, in case you want to merge some of them into the mod?

Cheers.
Hey sorry for late reply I don't come here often.

I never put an optional dependency on ShinyBobGFX because I didn't want my mod to overwrite his mod by default arbitrarily but we've been talking with Zombiee, and he plan to add in a future update settings to disable or enable certain icons, this way both mods will be able to coexist nicely.

I added a config setting per your suggestion for disabling the tech icons override.

And finally I will be adding more settings to enable/disable certain icons and bring new modules icons that I've been working on at a later time.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.x] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by bobingabout »

I do actually like the look of your replacement gun ammos by the way.

Although I haven't changed my other icons, you might notice that the new plasma weapons have icons that more closely match the newer base game icons.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.x] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Illiander42 »

Icons are broken due to icon size again.

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1] Bob's Mods: Alternate Textures mod

Post by Necriptos »

Updated to 1.1, Enjoy :)
Illiander42 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 am
Icons are broken due to icon size again.
Do you know if this is still happening? tried a bit but did not notice anything strange with my mod, so it might have fixed itself with later builds

Return to “Bob's mods”