[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Assembly Machines

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What type of Assembly machine should I add next?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 pm

A simple burner powered assembly machine for earlygame
30%
2x2 assembly machines
25%
4x4 assembly machines
45%

Total votes: 20

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.7+] Bob's Assembly Machines

Post by n9103 »

And I'm back here still enjoying my v.1.2 BAM with no other comprehensive mods. :)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.7+] Bob's Assembly Machines

Post by bobingabout »

n9103 wrote:And I'm back here still enjoying my v.1.2 BAM with no other comprehensive mods. :)
There was an update to ores.

I really want to get MCI 0.7.0 out, but I actually want to get it finished before I do that. It's mostly minor tweaks here and there, such as sorting out the item list orders, and a few recipe values here and there, but there's also the graphics for the new pumps to finish.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.7+][v0.1.6] Bob's Assembly Machines

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, Factorio V0.11.0 broke all my mods, so I'm patching them 1 by 1. These are purely patchs, no updates.

v0.1.7
* Factorio v0.11 compatability
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.7] Bob's Assembly Machines

Post by cpy »

So now we can play MP with them?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I would think they should work, as this is a simple building (and research) extension mod.
Anything that doesn't need scripting should work. (e.g. mod doesn't have a control.lua)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

none of my released mods use scripting, and do seem to work with multiplayer (I was playing with someone for a couple of hours with bobores, bobplates, bobassembly, bobmodules and bobpower all installed (the unreleased bobtech and bobwarfare too)) for several hours, and the only issues were with latency trying to communicate with someone literally on the oposite side of the planet... that and every time you moved you moved for at least half a second, so trying to stand in a specific spot was a pain in the backside.

I did have one mod that used scripts, a simple clock that creates an icon in the top left corner displaying the game's time (day/night cycle converted to a 24 hour clock), but that caused an error almost imediately.

Another issue with the mods is that migration scripts cause crashs too. so you either want to not change mods between saves of an existing multiplayer game, or turn off migration scripts (delete them from the mod folder).

of course, migration scripts exist for a reason, to make sure a game gives you what you're supposed to have if you've already researched technologies for example. Look at bobplates (metals chemicals and intermediates mod), it has quitet a few in there.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I've been using all 5 of your mods + tree farm and it seems to work pretty damn good! All i need is resource spawn overhaul and dytech, rail laying machine and roadworks an all mods are complete for great MP games. Thx man for fast update. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Treefarm works in MP? I assumed it wouldn't because it uses scripts quite extensively.

but, Yeah, the Devs made it clear when they were intending to release the new version, so I knew it was coming, the moment I got home from work and was able to download the update, I did, then spent the next few hours going through all my mods and updating them.

My new hard drive arived that day too, I put off installing it untill I was done x3
I also have a Patreon.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

bobingabout wrote:Treefarm works in MP? I assumed it wouldn't because it uses scripts quite extensively.

but, Yeah, the Devs made it clear when they were intending to release the new version, so I knew it was coming, the moment I got home from work and was able to download the update, I did, then spent the next few hours going through all my mods and updating them.

My new hard drive arived that day too, I put off installing it untill I was done x3
It is well appreciated for sure! ^.^

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

bobingabout wrote:My new hard drive arived that day too, I put off installing it untill I was done x3
Now that's dedication <3
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Boogieman14 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:My new hard drive arived that day too, I put off installing it untill I was done x3
Now that's dedication <3
A true factorio fan modder :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Thankyou for the Apreciation :D
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So after hours of gameplay with 3 players i use all bobs mods + tree farm, we got in desync hell :(

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I played(well more tested than played) a mp with treefarm and we didn't encounter any desyncs (as long as you follow the gui-related advide I gave).

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

drs9999 wrote:I played(well more tested than played) a mp with treefarm and we didn't encounter any desyncs (as long as you follow the gui-related advide I gave).
GUI related advice of?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

drs9999 wrote:I played(well more tested than played) a mp with treefarm and we didn't encounter any desyncs (as long as you follow the gui-related advide I gave).
Would be helpful to hear it.

Found it: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 406#p50406

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Actually I meant the notice directly under the dl-link for treefarm.
drs9999 wrote:Note: In general the mod works in SP & MP. However there is a GUI related bug that appears if a player joins while another player uses the custom UI of the mk2 field. If you avoid this situation it works fine.
Sorry I thought that was clear.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, custom GUIs cause desyncs, and tree farm's mk2 tower uses a custom GUI... I knew it wouldn't have been my mod if you were using treefarm with them.

Unfortunately, since my electronics use wood, tree farm is kind of important to keep production and automation up.

I was thinking off making what would essentially be "Tree farm light", it would contain the seeds, growing trees, and possibly a form of tree farm field mk1 for automation. But this would basically be a rip off from tree-farm itself, even if I made my own graphics and codded it all myself, it would still feel like a rip off.

If I could get permission to do that from tree-farm's creator, is this something you'd use with my mods?
I also have a Patreon.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, custom GUIs cause desyncs
Well, they only create desyncs if a gui is visible while a player tries to join. In-game you can use them and it won't cause desyncs. At least that's what I observed while running some tests.

I postponed my more gui-heavy mods because of the issue, but made an exception for treefarm, because the gui is invisible most of the time and the problem is easily avoidable (if you are aware if it of course).

However it might be worth discussing if the GUI is needed at all, but thats far to OT here.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

What should I try and add to assembly machines next?
A simple burner powered assembly machine for earlygame?
2x2 assembly machines?
4x4 assembly machines?
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”