[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

microbat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by microbat »

Hey Bob how long do you think the second pass will take to finish? And then what is the plan after that?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

microbat wrote:Hey Bob how long do you think the second pass will take to finish? And then what is the plan after that?
It already is finished.
Plans for the future... right now, there aren't really any. It's nice to be able to breath again. I guess the current plan is to watch out for mod breaking base game changes, like the recent inserters change, and fix those as they pop up.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Whats the point of the "normal" electric furnaces (2,3) since the multipurpose ones are just as fast and have extra module slot? I just ended up replacing all furnaces with the multipurpose ones and feeding the old electric ones to research bottle factories. Sure they are tiny bit cheaper but it wont matter.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Termak wrote:Whats the point of the "normal" electric furnaces (2,3) since the multipurpose ones are just as fast and have extra module slot? I just ended up replacing all furnaces with the multipurpose ones and feeding the old electric ones to research bottle factories. Sure they are tiny bit cheaper but it wont matter.
Long story short. People were asking me to do it.
I also have a Patreon.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

The "normal" electric furnaces (2,3) are cheaper and use less energy.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

crysanja wrote:The "normal" electric furnaces (2,3) are cheaper and use less energy.
Also they are of furnace type so they autoselect recipes. Multi purpose ones don't since they need recipe to be preselected.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

crysanja wrote:The "normal" electric furnaces (2,3) are cheaper and use less energy.
They use same amount of energy, have one less module slot so the multi ones use less energy technically. And the price factor is a nonissue.

Didnt remember the autoselect thing but thats the only thing going for the normal furnaces against the multi ones. The "normal" ones should have atleast same amount of slots, if not even one more instead of one less. Same issue in the lowers tier too, normal furnace 2 slots, and the chemical/mixing ones 3, i dont understand :(

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Termak wrote:Whats the point of the "normal" electric furnaces (2,3) since the multipurpose ones are just as fast and have extra module slot? I just ended up replacing all furnaces with the multipurpose ones and feeding the old electric ones to research bottle factories. Sure they are tiny bit cheaper but it wont matter.
I also wondered why they had one less module slot.

The big advantage of the electric furnace is that it can be used for smart furnace setups, where the same furnace can be used to smelt different things by changing what is inserted. This can be completely automated, for example you can set a requester chest to request iron ore if iron is low, and then the furnace will make iron. You can't do this with a multipurpose furnace, the recipes need to be set manually.

But yeah, that's a special case, most of the time the multipurpose is better, but more expensive as mentioned

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Anyone has a good way to deal with abundance of sulfuric acid?

Since I'm using lead processing to get silver ore I have to much sulfuric acid. And no good ideas what to do with it atm.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

bobingabout wrote:
microbat wrote:Hey Bob how long do you think the second pass will take to finish? And then what is the plan after that?
It already is finished.
Plans for the future... right now, there aren't really any. It's nice to be able to breath again. I guess the current plan is to watch out for mod breaking base game changes, like the recent inserters change, and fix those as they pop up.
Wait, really? Phase two is done?

As in, you've rebalanced things how you want them for a while? I haven't really been following along with the late-game stuff, but have you made it so that the rockets now require the custom ores to keep producing? I remember that was an issue on the table in 0.14 because once you got set up to build rockets, you could just keep building them with vanilla ores.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Recon777 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
It already is finished.

As in, you've rebalanced things how you want them for a while? I haven't really been following along with the late-game stuff, but have you made it so that the rockets now require the custom ores to keep producing? I remember that was an issue on the table in 0.14 because once you got set up to build rockets, you could just keep building them with vanilla ores.
Thats done now - building a rocket requires a lot of stuff now :D
Also science packs are modified to use new materials with one new science pack added.

I think one of ides left floating is thorium.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Recon777 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
It already is finished.

Yes, one of the latest updates to bobrevamp (and why it doesn't work with CMH and Angels who play with the same recipes) adds in a whole new rocket fuel chain, and makes edits to pretty much all the rocket part recipes (Though not the rocket silo itself)
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

bobingabout wrote:Yes, one of the latest updates to bobrevamp (and why it doesn't work with CMH and Angels who play with the same recipes) adds in a whole new rocket fuel chain, and makes edits to pretty much all the rocket part recipes (Though not the rocket silo itself)
Fantastic. We've been waiting for things to become more or less finished/stable before starting a solid multiplayer world. Mostly I've been playing solo and building up my blueprint library. ^_^

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

orzelek wrote:Anyone has a good way to deal with abundance of sulfuric acid?

Since I'm using lead processing to get silver ore I have to much sulfuric acid. And no good ideas what to do with it atm.
You mean the sulfur dioxide from making lead oxide? You could just vent the excess or push the acid into boilers. Or make acid rockets or something :ugeek:

Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kormer »

I'm not sure if this has been reported before or not, but in Bob's Logistics Mod there is a bug with the logistic zone interface. If an item exists only inside of requester chests, then it doesn't appear in the circuit readout.

In addition, if an item is in a storage or passive chest, those are counted double.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Kormer wrote:I'm not sure if this has been reported before or not, but in Bob's Logistics Mod there is a bug with the logistic zone interface. If an item exists only inside of requester chests, then it doesn't appear in the circuit readout.

In addition, if an item is in a storage or passive chest, those are counted double.
Its a vanilla thing... The only storages that considers its content being part of the logistic network are Storage chests, Passive Provider chests and Active Provider chests. If an item is inside any non-logistic chest or a requester chest its not considered part of the network.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

I have a suggestion regarding salt. Could you make it so that the product buffer in the chemical furnace only makes 10 or so salt? I find it produces so incredibly fast and ends up building up stacks of excess if you ever take the machines down and relocate them. We don't need 100 salt inside the machine.

Unless there's a better way of getting rid of excess I'm not aware of?

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

orzelek wrote:Anyone has a good way to deal with abundance of sulfuric acid?
Install Angel's mods, you'll end up needing the sulfuric acid for various processing.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Minor balance question.

Why is there a recipe for making 100x hydrogen from 10x LPG plus water in 2.5 seconds?
At first, I thought this might be cool for making solid fuel rather than using electrolysis, but looking closer, you get 50x hydrogen in 2.5 seconds from pure water and you don't have to burn up 10x LPG.

For comparison, with coal liquefaction, you burn 10x coal to get 10x heavy oil, 15x light oil, and 20x LPG. Cracking the oil, that gives you 35x LPG from 10x coal.
The hydrogen recipe calls for 10x LPG, which is equivalent to 2.86x coal, which you end up burning to convert one coal to solid fuel.
Keeping in mind that solid fuel is 3.125x as rich as coal, you're still burning 3.86x coal (not including energy costs) to get 3.125x increase in value by turning 1x coal into 1x solid fuel via hydrogen obtained with coal liquefaction.

Definitely not worth the recipe. I suggest changing it to something more balanced with the rest of the mod. Something like maybe 2x LPG for 100x hydrogen.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Any chance for mark 2/3 cars? There are 3 marks of tanks with increasing grid size but no cars.

Edit:
Also whole hydrazine chain is not accepting productivity currently. I think some of the intermediate steps could be whitelisted.

Return to “Bob's mods”