[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Zyrconia »

Hi!

What was the default inventory size for Bob's?

I'm running Bob'+ Angel's and I think Picker set my inventory to vanilla levels because it feel incredibly low.

Thanks!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Uriei wrote:EDIT: Maybe an option to change Ground Water from Pure H2O to regular Water could help, I would be happy with that.
Ground water is supposed to be like, spring water vs the water tiles that are like sea water. An option could be useful, I agree... or just have a 3rd type of water resource node.
Zyrconia wrote:Hi!

What was the default inventory size for Bob's?

I'm running Bob'+ Angel's and I think Picker set my inventory to vanilla levels because it feel incredibly low.

Thanks!
Base game is 60.
Bobplates (I think) adds the option to change it in main menu -> options -> mods. It defaults to 90.
The inventory size modification used to double it to 120, however I have added a research that increases inventory size instead.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Uriei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Uriei »

bobingabout wrote:
Uriei wrote:EDIT: Maybe an option to change Ground Water from Pure H2O to regular Water could help, I would be happy with that.
Ground water is supposed to be like, spring water vs the water tiles that are like sea water. An option could be useful, I agree... or just have a 3rd type of water resource node.
I guess the "in-game option" would be easier to implement and wouldn't mess adding more things to resource generation.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

bobingabout wrote: Base game is 60.
Bobplates (I think) adds the option to change it in main menu -> options -> mods. It defaults to 90.
The inventory size modification used to double it to 120, however I have added a research that increases inventory size instead.
Thank you! Yup, I have 60.

Both Bob's plates and picker are set to 60. Probably picker is the one who changed it. Unfortunately these are startup options are read-only mid save.

Is there a way that doesn't involved the console to bump it up to 90?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Zyrconia wrote:

Both Bob's plates and picker are set to 60. Probably picker is the one who changed it. Unfortunately these are startup options are read-only mid save.

Im not 100% sure. I read somewhere, that startup options means, that those change after restarting factorio and not after restarting a game. Maybe give it try?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zyrconia wrote:

Changing the setting is independent of save game, if you change it, it should work. The question is, if there is more than one mod changing it, which one does it actually use?

Setting that minor point to one side though... The reason why the old default of 120 was reduced in the first place is because... I think it's the logistics mod? Added in technology research. You can research a larger inventory, plus Armor also gives you more inventory too. If you do a little research, and get into a Power Armor MK5(Added by Warfare mod), you'll easily get up to about 150 inventory.
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I am pretty sure Picker only changes the inventory size if it is at the default value.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

bobingabout wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:

Changing the setting is independent of save game, if you change it, it should work. The question is, if there is more than one mod changing it, which one does it actually use?

Setting that minor point to one side though... The reason why the old default of 120 was reduced in the first place is because... I think it's the logistics mod? Added in technology research. You can research a larger inventory, plus Armor also gives you more inventory too. If you do a little research, and get into a Power Armor MK5(Added by Warfare mod), you'll easily get up to about 150 inventory.
That is a very interesting question.

But first:

Code: Select all

{
    type = "int-setting",
    name = "bobmods-plates-inventorysize",
    setting_type = "startup",
    default_value = 60,
    maximum_value = 250,
    minimum_value = 30,
  },
60 + 4 * 10 tech is 100 base, nor armor.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zyrconia wrote:But first:

{
    type = "int-setting",
    default_value = 60,
    maximum_value = 250,
    minimum_value = 30,
  },
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure the armor I mentioned is +50.
I also have a Patreon.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

bobingabout wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:But first:

{
    type = "int-setting",
    default_value = 60,
    maximum_value = 250,
    minimum_value = 30,
  },
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure the armor I mentioned is +50.
60 for k5 :).

So 160 is the max. That is enough! Only the start of the game is a bit painful.

But the start is not 90. So nobody overrides it to 60?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Seams like it. it says default is 60. Now a max size of 190 seams kind of big but you don't have to research the techs or get the best power armour.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Arch666Angel wrote: Image
I saw those recipes. But those are for your own buildings. I was wondering about the recipe in the metal mixing furnace that seems to be gone since the update. The "What is it used for?" mod still shows me that recipe but I can't select it in the metal mixing furnace anymore.

I have a bronze smelting column with metal mixing furnaces that still works but if I try to reselect the recipe it's not there anymore.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

In our playthrough I just unlocked the uranium bullets. I've had the cordite bullet line running in a prototype setup not high capacity but enough to give me several hundred of the black bullets for my personal inventory. Now, with the uranium bullets being fully twice as powerful as those, it seems the cordite line has become obsolete because you can craft uranium bullets still using the vanilla recipe of 1 red bullet + 1 uranium. This exceedingly simple recipe shortcuts the whole point of the cordite style bullets. Any chance you could change the recipe for uranium bullets to require this? Naturally, the entire balance would need to be thought on carefully.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I do need to revisit the uranium ammo line. I think a reasonable plan would be to update the recipe to make it more like my other ammo.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Northgate wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: Image
I saw those recipes. But those are for your own buildings. I was wondering about the recipe in the metal mixing furnace that seems to be gone since the update. The "What is it used for?" mod still shows me that recipe but I can't select it in the metal mixing furnace anymore.

I have a bronze smelting column with metal mixing furnaces that still works but if I try to reselect the recipe it's not there anymore.
Isn't that intentional since you should use the more complex Angels smelting? What I wonder is why the now (so far?) useless furnace and tech isn't disabled altogether.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

mrvn wrote: Isn't that intentional since you should use the more complex Angels smelting? What I wonder is why the now (so far?) useless furnace and tech isn't disabled altogether.
Well the confusing thing for me is that I haven't seen it been mentioned in any of the patch notes.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Yes, you're supposed to use angel's smelting for bronze if you use that mod. The bronze tech still unlocks making various other products out of bronze, and the metal mixing furnace can still be used to make solder early-game, so the techs aren't removed, but the standard/bobs recipes to make all the metals you don't need early-game are.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

torne wrote:Yes, you're supposed to use angel's smelting for bronze if you use that mod. The bronze tech still unlocks making various other products out of bronze, and the metal mixing furnace can still be used to make solder early-game, so the techs aren't removed, but the standard/bobs recipes to make all the metals you don't need early-game are.
I was thinking about the other furnace, the one to make carbon. So far it has no recipe at all. You can build it but it can't do anything.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

torne wrote:Yes, you're supposed to use angel's smelting for bronze if you use that mod. The bronze tech still unlocks making various other products out of bronze, and the metal mixing furnace can still be used to make solder early-game, so the techs aren't removed, but the standard/bobs recipes to make all the metals you don't need early-game are.
I agree.

But we could still do with a new angel-revamp mod, that cleans up the ridiculous amounts of building and other clutter. Standard and steel metal mixing furnace and chemical plants should go, 1 electrolyzer is enough and so on. Same for trimming down on some of the tech.

This new mod would have as a requirement full Angel's stack and would be meant to drive you towards his tech.

Without it you could do Bob's techs, so nothing needs to change.

I think this would alleviate some of the confusion.

And probably brass needs to go too.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Actually, I floated this idea before, but got nothing out of it.

Bob + Angel should put their heads together, and create a small list of common fluids and gases. Separate them into a mod that only provides fluids and has no dependencies.

Example: oxygen.

The gases mod would define oxygen, so Bob's mods would have it as a requirement. This is mostly a copy paste job.

Angel would also use this mod as a requirement and just change the icon for oxygen. This instead of defining his own oxygen and adding converter recipes and barreling and what not.

This way Bob's can go on like normal. Bob can still define non common fluids in his own mods.

Angel's, if it still supports no Bob's play-through (it did in the past, I think it no longer works, need to check) would still have the mandatory gas mod, but could ignore all other Bob's mods.

If used with Bob's, the new mod would be pulled in already. Angel can define non common fluids in his mods.

I like both mods sets, but when put together the overlap and redundancy is a bit too much.

Return to “Bob's mods”