[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by nagapito »

Recon777 wrote:
orzelek wrote: The thing is that in theory... it has exactly same chance of appearing. In practice it seems that it doesn't work like that for reasons I'm not sure about. Only thing I can see would be a lot of water on map which will "eat up" spawns that land in it.
I wonder if you could adjust the chance of occurring depending on the variables for lakes. It's worth testing this theory on a map w/o water to see how often Lithia shows up.

You know, I wonder if you could put certain 'hooks' into RSO that would allow other mods to plug into your functionality. There might be a way to let modders add their ores to RSO without you having to update on your end.
We are engineers, we dont give much attention to religion
RNG god disapproves our way....
We suffer the consequences :(

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Bob in is attempt of making enriched fuel just created the infinite fuel supply source! :P

Since you removed the fuel value from liquid fuel canisters, game when nuts and made the hugest energy bar ever on my trains!!

http://imgur.com/a/qP3N1

maybe keep the fuel value but at 0MJ? I dont know... I have a feeling that I will have to replace 100 trains...

Edit: somehow, the train actually run out of fuel and all canisters were 'emptied' in a 'flash'. The bar disappeared once I removed the empty canister (I had the trains changed to return them)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

hmmmm, liquid fuel canisters don't actually return empty canisters in my mod, I'm guessing someone else added that in.
Now, I did potentially foresee that changing the liquid fuel canister thing could potentially cause an issue, but it was never the approach I wanted to take anyway.
whoever it was who modded in returning the canister could re-add my fuel values, then it should work again.

Which recipe is it creating unlimited power?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote:hmmmm, liquid fuel canisters don't actually return empty canisters in my mod, I'm guessing someone else added that in.
Now, I did potentially foresee that changing the liquid fuel canister thing could potentially cause an issue, but it was never the approach I wanted to take anyway.
whoever it was who modded in returning the canister could re-add my fuel values, then it should work again.

Which recipe is it creating unlimited power?
Ohh, you understood it wrong!.

It was me that added the return on a personal mod with custom changes. (which is now obsolete and removed and the train return slot)
The infinite energy wasnt after all infinite. But seems the client has some render bug and draws the huge line. It runs out normally and when I take the canister out, it disappears.

And yes, you caused me some grief with 100 trains running out of fuel, having them full of fuel canisters, fuel storage on depots also pretty full... Took me an hour to remove old fuel, adapt to new one and now I am slowly converting the fuel canisters into enriched fuel :)
Also, I have empty canisters for the whole game since now they are not being recycled into new fuel, I will endup with thousands and thousands of empty canisters :P

Ohhh, and dont get me wrong, I am not complaining, Just joking with the situation. Playing with mods that are in a development phase is like having Sim City random events in Factorio but instead of a cyclone or a T-Rex we have something like a random technology outburst event, that creates a 'new technology' and renders the previous one obsolete and unusable, forcing us to rebuild the factory :P

Now that I think about it, its actually not a bad idea! You research a new system, unlock new recipes and locked the old ones!! Not sure what happens to assemblys using a recipe that gets disabled...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

they stay enabled.

Also, I noticed something. Since fuel blocks and now my new enriched fuel both stack to 50, but rocket fuel only stacks to 10, you get a huge amount more fuel per stack in my enriched fuel than rocket fuel.

should I increase fuel stack sizes?

also, coal stacks to 200 in my mods, which is more than a stack of fuel blocks at 50.

Per stack:
Coal = 8MJ x 200 = 1600MJ
Fuel Blocks = 25MJ x 50 = 1250MJ
Enriched fuel = 150MJ x 50 = 7500MJ
Rocket Fuel = 225MJ x 10 = 2250MJ
I also have a Patreon.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

bobingabout wrote:Also, I noticed something. Since fuel blocks and now my new enriched fuel both stack to 50, but rocket fuel only stacks to 10, you get a huge amount more fuel per stack in my enriched fuel than rocket fuel.

also, coal stacks to 200 in my mods, which is more than a stack of fuel blocks at 50.

Per stack:
I think stack sizes should be modified to have a clear progression so that late-game fuels have more energy per stack than early-game fuels. Maybe have fuel blocks stack to 100? I don't know what you'd do about rocket fuel. It wasn't ever a particularly efficient fuel (since it took 10 solid fuel to make but only had the energy value of 9 solid fuel) but since you change the recipe maybe it should have a higher stack size so that it becomes a practical late-game fuel.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

eloquentJane wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Also, I noticed something. Since fuel blocks and now my new enriched fuel both stack to 50, but rocket fuel only stacks to 10, you get a huge amount more fuel per stack in my enriched fuel than rocket fuel.

Per stack:
I think stack sizes should be modified to have a clear progression so that late-game fuels have more energy per stack than early-game fuels. Maybe have fuel blocks stack to 100? I don't know what you'd do about rocket fuel. It wasn't ever a particularly efficient fuel (since it took 10 solid fuel to make but only had the energy value of 9 solid fuel) but since you change the recipe maybe it should have a higher stack size so that it becomes a practical late-game fuel.
Yeah, fuel per stack right now goes Enriched, rocket, coal, block.
And, you're forgetting the new differences between the fuels implemented in 0.15.

Fuel blocks give you a 20% acceleration boost, and 5% max speed boost in vehicles.
Rocket fuel gives you an 80% and 15% boost

Naturally I wedged my Enriched fuel in at 50% and 10%, the half way point between the two.

If I increased the stack size of fuel blocks, and rocket fuel to 100 and 50, then that would give you 1600, 2500, 7500 and 11250 per stack

or you could say, screw it, making them all stack to 100 (except coal to 200, because it's an ore)
I also have a Patreon.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Solid fuel (blocks) 100 stack size, enriched fuel 50 stack size, rocket fuel 20 stack size, coal 200 stack size. Would solve a lot of problems.
Also canisters stacking on 20.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:Solid fuel (blocks) 100 stack size, enriched fuel 50 stack size, rocket fuel 20 stack size, coal 200 stack size. Would solve a lot of problems.
Also canisters stacking on 20.
You mean, filled canisters I hope!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I think it should go 200, 100, 50, 50. That way there's a continuous improvement in the burn time per stack as tech level increases.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mobius1 wrote:Also canisters stacking on 20.
Canisters stack higher than barrels because they hold less "fluid", the amount of "fluid" per stack remains the same.
eloquentJane wrote:I think it should go 200, 100, 50, 50. That way there's a continuous improvement in the burn time per stack as tech level increases.
Yeah, I was thinking 200, 100, 50, 20 too, but then realised that you'd end up with less fuel per stack on the rocket fuel. so the 200, 100, 50, 50 looks better.
I also have a Patreon.

Kruuz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kruuz »

Hello there. I love your work.
but, I must say setting up the mods are quite confusing.
I'm trying to set up a server and I only have a selected few mods to choose from.
So I'll make this short:

-Are all 0.15.x mods compatible with each other?
-If the mods are compatible with each other. Are they compatible with the game if i run the game in 0.15.x?

example:
Running Factorio [0.15.x]

BOBS LIBRARY (0.15.4)
BOB'S ASSEMBLY (0.15.2)
BOB'S GREENHOUSE (0.15.1)
Last edited by Kruuz on Sun May 21, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote:
Canisters stack higher than barrels because they hold less "fluid", the amount of "fluid" per stack remains the same.
Wait a minute.... This made me go check the code and... What is the supposed stack size for filled canisters?

Code says 100 but in my game they are only stacking to 10! And even if Angels was overriding it, Angels barrels stack to 20...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nagapito wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Wait a minute.... This made me go check the code and... What is the supposed stack size for filled canisters?

Code says 100 but in my game they are only stacking to 10! And even if Angels was overriding it, Angels barrels stack to 20...
Barrels to 20, Canisters and gas bottles to 100.
Kruuz wrote:Hello there. I love your work.
but, I must say setting up the mods are quite confusing.
I'm trying to set up a server and I only have a selected few mods to choose from.
So I'll make this short:

-Are all 0.15.x mods compatible with each other?
-If the mods are compatible with each other. Are they compatible with the game if i run the game in 0.15.x?

example:

BOBS LIBRARY (0.15.4)
BOB'S ASSEMBLY (0.15.2)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking... All my own mods are compatible with each other, but I cannot guarantee compatabillity with other mods.
I can say with some certainty that bobrevamp 0.15.1 is NOT compatible with CMH(he might have fixed his to work with it) and Angels(definitely doesn't work last I checked) mods. v0.15.0 (before I added the new rocket fuel chain) works fine though.

Also, some mods require newer base game versions(or even some of my other mods), due to changes in code. the mod will tell you what it needs, some need at least base v0.15.7, I think there's one that requires 0.15.10.
I also have a Patreon.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

bobingabout wrote:
eloquentJane wrote:I think it should go 200, 100, 50, 50. That way there's a continuous improvement in the burn time per stack as tech level increases.
Yeah, I was thinking 200, 100, 50, 20 too, but then realised that you'd end up with less fuel per stack on the rocket fuel. so the 200, 100, 50, 50 looks better.
Empty Canisters are stacking to 100, check
Filled Canisters are stacking to only 10, biter!Ferric, Fuel

On the fuel stacking, I wouldn't mind if it stack up to 50k, as long as it doesn't break LTN work orders :mrgreen:

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Kruuz wrote:-Are all 0.15.x mods compatible with each other?

example:

BOBS LIBRARY (0.15.4)
BOB'S ASSEMBLY (0.15.2)
Just ignore that final number. Some of these individual pieces end up getting updated more often than others, hence they increment the final number more often.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Empty Canisters are stacking to 100, check
Filled Canisters are stacking to only 10, biter!Ferric, Fuel

On the fuel stacking, I wouldn't mind if it stack up to 50k, as long as it doesn't break LTN work orders :mrgreen:
Ok, then its not something I broke on my game, they actually stack to 10 and I think I know why!
The item liquid-fuel-canister is defined to stack to 100 but, we are not using that item anymore. We are using the liquid-fuel-barrel item that is generated by the client, which stacks to 10. And then bob uses the set_canister function to change the icon and the recipe, but never changed the stack size. He also changes the fuel value and other bits for the fuel-canister. He
For quick reference, this is in data-updates from bobplates.

The old canister items are still defined but probably hidden and not used anymore, artefacts of the old code.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Hey Bob, can you do a quick summary describing the distillery and enriched fuel?

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Recon777 wrote:Hey Bob, can you do a quick summary describing the distillery and enriched fuel?
Enriched fuel is just fuel made from light oil, but with 6 times the energy density per item, and 120% of the total energy that can be obtained from the oil.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nagapito wrote:Ok, then its not something I broke on my game, they actually stack to 10 and I think I know why!
The item liquid-fuel-canister is defined to stack to 100 but, we are not using that item anymore. We are using the liquid-fuel-barrel item that is generated by the client, which stacks to 10. And then bob uses the set_canister function to change the icon and the recipe, but never changed the stack size. He also changes the fuel value and other bits for the fuel-canister. He
For quick reference, this is in data-updates from bobplates.
Okay, I guess I missed that out, will include in next update.
Recon777 wrote:Hey Bob, can you do a quick summary describing the distillery and enriched fuel?
Distillery is a small (2x2) building which is supposed to distil water (Evaporate and condense), it takes "Water", which I've basically dubbed salt water, or Lithia water, and produces pure water. This is needed for electrolysis recipes. It is only enabled when you turn on the pure water option (which is now going to be turned on by default)

Enriched fuel is just another type of fuel block, think Fuel block MK2. It is produced from liquid fuel, or Hydrazine.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”