[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

Alice3173 wrote:Is there any way to activate the "transmit productivity" setting without having to start an entirely new game? Didn't notice it somehow got disabled and I'm already a fair bit into a new game.
You should just need to turn the setting on and load the game again. you will need to go add modules to all your machines again though.

if this isn't the case, let me know and I'll look into it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

bobingabout wrote:You should just need to turn the setting on and load the game again. you will need to go add modules to all your machines again though.

if this isn't the case, let me know and I'll look into it.
Yup, that worked, thanks! For whatever reason it never crossed my mind to exit to the main menu before trying to change the option. I figured that if I couldn't change it in the game then it simply couldn't be changed for that save which seems like more of an issue with how Factorio handles it than anything on your end. It should probably allow you to change settings but make it clear you need to reload the game for it to work.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Heya, just a quick suggestion - What about making the lamp recipe require one glass? This would be extremely intuitive and wouldn't affect craftability as the recipe would go from 3 ingredients to 4.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Meh only if it's lamp mark 2. I changed the wooden blue chip against the previous wood chip because it's to expensive to me for a mass used product.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

How about having torches as lamp mk1. Little fuel burning entities that produce light.

The current lamp then is lamp mk2, an electric light. Lamp mk3 can be brighter and larger radius lamp.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

hey bob, thanks for your mods! I'm really enjoying playing them with the Sea Block pack. There is one issue I ran into where I can't progress. The wooden board needed for the basic circuit board cannot be built by hand. I need circuit boards to get a research lab but i can't do any of that without an assembler to build the wooden board. Short: how do i remove the inability to handcraft wooden boards?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wooden boards are in the electronics category

Code: Select all

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "wooden-board",
    category = "electronics",
    ingredients =
    {
      {"wood", 1},
    },
    result = "wooden-board",
    result_count = 2
  },
which should be added to the player

bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("player", "crafting", "electronics")
and the god controller

if data.raw["god-controller"] then
  bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("god-controller", "crafting", "electronics")
end
the same way it is added to any crafting machines with the crafting category set

bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("assembling-machine", "crafting", "electronics")
bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("assembling-machine", "crafting", "electronics-machine")
The used function is part of my Library in category-functions.lua.

function bobmods.lib.machine.has_category(machine, category_in)
  local hasit = false
  if machine and machine.crafting_categories then
    for i, category in pairs(machine.crafting_categories) do
      if category == category_in then
        hasit = true
      end
    end
  end
  return hasit
end
function bobmods.lib.machine.if_add_category(machine, category, category_to_add)
  if machine and data.raw["recipe-category"][category] and data.raw["recipe-category"][category_to_add] then
    if bobmods.lib.machine.has_category(machine, category) then
      bobmods.lib.machine.add_category(machine, category_to_add)
    end
  else
    if not data.raw["recipe-category"][category] then
      log("Crafting category " .. category .. " does not exist.")
    end
    if not data.raw["recipe-category"][category_to_add] then
      log("Crafting category " .. category_to_add .. " does not exist.")
    end
  end
end

function bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category(machine_type, category, category_to_add)
  if data.raw["recipe-category"][category] and data.raw["recipe-category"][category_to_add] then
    for i, machine in pairs(data.raw[machine_type]) do
      bobmods.lib.machine.if_add_category(machine, category, category_to_add)
    end
  else
    end
    end
  end
end
In other words, you SHOULD already be able to craft it by hand even if using a god controller.

Ask the author of sea block if they've done anything that might break this. (Link or quote what I said to them)
I also have a Patreon.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

bobingabout wrote:Wooden boards are in the electronics category

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "wooden-board",
    category = "electronics",
    ingredients =
    {
      {"wood", 1},
    },
    result = "wooden-board",
    result_count = 2
  },
which should be added to the player

bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("player", "crafting", "electronics")
and the god controller

if data.raw["god-controller"] then
  bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("god-controller", "crafting", "electronics")
end
the same way it is added to any crafting machines with the crafting category set

bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("assembling-machine", "crafting", "electronics")
bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category("assembling-machine", "crafting", "electronics-machine")
The used function is part of my Library in category-functions.lua.

function bobmods.lib.machine.has_category(machine, category_in)
  local hasit = false
  if machine and machine.crafting_categories then
    for i, category in pairs(machine.crafting_categories) do
      if category == category_in then
        hasit = true
      end
    end
  end
  return hasit
end
function bobmods.lib.machine.if_add_category(machine, category, category_to_add)
  if machine and data.raw["recipe-category"][category] and data.raw["recipe-category"][category_to_add] then
    if bobmods.lib.machine.has_category(machine, category) then
      bobmods.lib.machine.add_category(machine, category_to_add)
    end
  else
    end
    end
  end
end

function bobmods.lib.machine.type_if_add_category(machine_type, category, category_to_add)
  if data.raw["recipe-category"][category] and data.raw["recipe-category"][category_to_add] then
    for i, machine in pairs(data.raw[machine_type]) do
      bobmods.lib.machine.if_add_category(machine, category, category_to_add)
    end
  else
    end
    end
  end
end
In other words, you SHOULD already be able to craft it by hand even if using a god controller.

Ask the author of sea block if they've done anything that might break this. (Link or quote what I said to them)
thank you for your reply. I've brought it up in the sea block forum as well with no word from the author. I also brought it to Angel's attention because that was the initial thought. People were misunderstanding which wooden board i was talking about. the one in bob's intermediates isnt hand craftable but the angel's ones are. the angel's ones aren't used to make the circuit board. So now i'm just being patient with my fingers croseed :D

edit: image for clarity. https://gyazo.com/08ea9224b92ae320b10e5c3605d1b074

eidt: so this is strange and i hope there is an easy way to fix this. try to follow because im not sure how to explain it properly. the wooden board in your tab has one icon, the wooden board in angels bio has a different icon. the one in yours cannot be hand crafted but the one in angels can. FNEI shows the wooden board from angels having no recipes so i didnt even follow that as a possibility. i had to hand craft the angels bio recipe with the correct ingredients and then it created the wooden board from yours. the solution for me now is how do i get your icon and replace angel's with it so they are the same and this doesnt happen again :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

wait... this is the 0.15 topic. Are you still using 0.15?

I honestly don't think about 0.15 much, in fact just today I was talking about 0.17 updates.
Although I'm fairly sure what I posted is true for 0.15, it was all from the 0.16 build.
I also have a Patreon.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

bobingabout wrote:wait... this is the 0.15 topic. Are you still using 0.15?

I honestly don't think about 0.15 much, in fact just today I was talking about 0.17 updates.
Although I'm fairly sure what I posted is true for 0.15, it was all from the 0.16 build.

yeah what you posted is correct. it seems angel's or sea block disable your wooden board for handcrafting because it requires wood. you have to make angel's wooden board, which has a different icon, and once you complete the crafting you get your board. so it's still possible to get but the way about it is really misleading. ie. if yours and angel's icons were the same there would be no confusion.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nukeist wrote:

yeah what you posted is correct. it seems angel's or sea block disable your wooden board for handcrafting because it requires wood. you have to make angel's wooden board, which has a different icon, and once you complete the crafting you get your board. so it's still possible to get but the way about it is really misleading. ie. if yours and angel's icons were the same there would be no confusion.
then I guess that part is down to angel, he actively goes and changes things in my mods, so, in this case the answer i for him to either completely disable my recipe, or change the icon to match the version he uses.
I also have a Patreon.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

bobingabout wrote:
Nukeist wrote:

then I guess that part is down to angel, he actively goes and changes things in my mods, so, in this case the answer i for him to either completely disable my recipe, or change the icon to match the version he uses.
I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion. Any ideas for the FNEI dev? I only left the FNEI dev with problems because I'm not sure how to fix the issue there. FNEI shows your wooden board, craftable by angel's cellulose and alginic acid, but it shows it needs assemblers. Angel's cellulose fiber board has no recipes that make it nor consume it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Nukeist wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Nukeist wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion. Any ideas for the FNEI dev? I only left the FNEI dev with problems because I'm not sure how to fix the issue there. FNEI shows your wooden board, craftable by angel's cellulose and alginic acid, but it shows it needs assemblers. Angel's cellulose fiber board has no recipes that make it nor consume it.
The ingredience count is totally wrong too. When shift clicking to build all you can build it turns out you can build about half as much again.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

I got following problem:

How do I make Clay bricks? Oo

Claybricks needs clay / sand / lime
clay needs cencentrated mud water / water
cencentrated mud water needs heavy mud water / water
heavy mud water needs viscious mud water / water
viscious mud water needs mud / water
and mud needs water and either heavy, concentrated, light, viscious or thin mud water

How can I get mud; ich the ingrediences are made out of mud in first place?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

doppelEben wrote:I got following problem:

and mud needs water and either heavy, concentrated, light, viscious or thin mud water

That's related to Angel's mods not Bob's mods.
I guess you are playing sea block? Otherwise a sea floor pump would provide the thin mud water.

View unread Posts

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

steinio wrote:
doppelEben wrote:I got following problem:

That's related to Angel's mods not Bob's mods.
I guess you are playing sea block? Otherwise a sea floor pump would provide the thin mud water.
no, the sea floor pump creates viscious mud water at 300/s.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yeah i'm fine with whatever these waters are called.

View unread Posts

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

doppelEben wrote:How can I get mud; ich the ingrediences are made out of mud in first place?
hi, just to let you know i posted an image of the Mud Washing / mud making process here in case it helps:
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=57113
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

thanks for the help guys. I truely missed that there is a structure I didnt looked up. and voila. it works fine now. and thanks for the picture

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

cool no problem :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Bob's mods”