[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by mrvn »

Salty Wagyu wrote:What MK bots do you all use in personal roboports? I just got MK2 bots but I'm not sure if that made it worse, they seem to take longer to get back into my inventory, probably due to the poor charge rate of personal roboports. Would having more roboports help? i.e. Using enough roboports to support 100 bots, but having 50 in inventory?
I use mk2 once I have them because they are still fairly easy to make a handful of and the extra speed is worth it.

Prior to fusion reactor I mostly deconstruct bots when they charge. But lots of solar panels and batteries helps. More roboports helps too since they hold a charge themself plus you get more range with 2 roboports. Then again if you can use 100 bots why not have 100 bots. Means you can place 100 items without waiting for recharge.

In conclusion: The more bots the better if they only need to fly once. If they need to charge the more stored energy the better. But in the long run the amount of energy produced is the telling factor, it's just a question of how long till the batteries are dead.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote:As I was working through them this weekend, I noticed that the production times for the Lithium-Ion and the Silver-Zinc batteries are only 0.5 seconds and the Lead batteries are 5.0 seconds.
Because I once again forgot to fix this...
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:
RocketManChronicles wrote:As I was working through them this weekend, I noticed that the production times for the Lithium-Ion and the Silver-Zinc batteries are only 0.5 seconds and the Lead batteries are 5.0 seconds.
Because I once again forgot to fix this...
Oh, no worries. Just thought I would point it out in case you have not noticed. Just trying to help make the mods "good!" :D

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

So I just discovered the joy that is the Vehicle Plasma Cannon. Is there any way to make it blow myself up less? It keeps targeting biters who run towards my tank and hurting me in the blast radius xD I wish there was some way to force it to target nests instead of tiny little biters.

I read they are supposed to have a minimum range of 20 but I don't think that's working properly. I've seen it target biters who were in melee range.
Last edited by LittleMikey on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

LittleMikey wrote:So I just discovered the joy that is the Vehicle Plasma Cannon. Is there any way to make it blow myself up less? It keeps targeting biters who run towards my tank and hurting me in the blast radius xD I wish there was some way to force it to target nests instead of tiny little biters.
You and me both. The Vehicle Plasma Cannon is really useless as is, not to call it suicide.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The problem with the plasma cannon right now is basically, it's seeking, even though it's not supposed to be.

So it will target a biter 20 tiles away that is running right at you, fire, then explode pretty much on top of you.

Someone suggested increasing the projectile speed would help solve some of these issues.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:The problem with the plasma cannon right now is basically, it's seeking, even though it's not supposed to be.

So it will target a biter 20 tiles away that is running right at you, fire, then explode pretty much on top of you.

Someone suggested increasing the projectile speed would help solve some of these issues.
What about making it only target worms and hives? Is that possible?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

it will fire at whatever the personal laser defence will fire at because it's just a personal laser defence with a different projectile.
I also have a Patreon.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

maybe projectile speed is the easy way to fix ,though maybe the game supports a way of avoiding splash damage to player characters?
something like IF weapon.splashdamage=true, only do dmg while entity is not playercharacter (or something in proper code, i just pseudocode) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

bobingabout wrote:The problem with the plasma cannon right now is basically, it's seeking, even though it's not supposed to be.

I'm pretty sure the minimum range isn't working, I've seen it target biters who were meleeing my tank, while I was stationary.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:it will fire at whatever the personal laser defence will fire at because it's just a personal laser defence with a different projectile.
But is it possible in the game to make a weapon target worms and hives only?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mrvn wrote:
bobingabout wrote:it will fire at whatever the personal laser defence will fire at because it's just a personal laser defence with a different projectile.
Only with a bunch of scripting

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mrvn wrote:
I don't want to do a bunch of scripting. it could butcher performance.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
mrvn wrote:
I don't want to do a bunch of scripting. it could butcher performance.
I have to agree. AAI vehicles do and the game becomes unplayable in multiplayer with a bunch of chain gunners running in formation.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

I have no idea if it's a big ask, but would it be possible to make roboport logistic ranges configurable in the mod options? Or shall I just fire up Notepad++ and frig them directly? Cheers!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rue99 wrote:I have no idea if it's a big ask, but would it be possible to make roboport logistic ranges configurable in the mod options? Or shall I just fire up Notepad++ and frig them directly? Cheers!
Possible to be a pre-configure, on-load like a lot of the others, but I'd need to build that in from the ground up, so not likely to come in soon.
I also have a Patreon.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

bobingabout wrote:
Rue99 wrote:I have no idea if it's a big ask, but would it be possible to make roboport logistic ranges configurable in the mod options? Or shall I just fire up Notepad++ and frig them directly? Cheers!
Possible to be a pre-configure, on-load like a lot of the others, but I'd need to build that in from the ground up, so not likely to come in soon.
Well, thanks for not simply rejecting it out of hand! While I'm asking for the moon on a stick, it would also be lovely if substation charge radius were also configurable. I'm afraid I'm a slave to the fashion for modular blocks. In the meantime, I shall compose myself with patience and continue to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

What would be realy great would be for the zone expander to have a few fields larger construction area, like roboports have in vanilla, so that blueprinting them with the logistic areas just touching will not fail to build them because there is a tree in the way or the power pole can't be placed just outside the construction range.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Rue99 wrote:While I'm asking for the moon on a stick,.
hehe, actually i think the moon is at its closest to the earth currently - at about 200k miles away now? :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rue99 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
Well, thanks for not simply rejecting it out of hand! While I'm asking for the moon on a stick, it would also be lovely if substation charge radius were also configurable. I'm afraid I'm a slave to the fashion for modular blocks. In the meantime, I shall compose myself with patience and continue to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Probably end up something like it is in modules...

IF I add in support to change the range of substation field, what will likely happen is that you'll have options (Again, pre-configured on-load so you have to restart the game if you change it) to set "Increased range per level" for... Medium/large pole + substation wire range per level (that's 3 separate options), and Medium pole/substation area radius increase per level (2 options).
The numbers would then be taken from the existing entity (EG, area radius) and then add to it the number in the options.

I need to add these to my to-do list. though keep in mind that my todo list isn't a list of things that will get done, it's a list of things I might do when I feel like trying to add to the game. unless I have something specific in mind, I look at the list. These are often bugfixes too.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”