[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Alice3173 »

bobingabout wrote:what the game reports isn't the same as what the code says.
The code says it's a 50% efficient boiler that generates 1.8MW of heat power.
1.8 / 0.5 = 1.8 * 2 = 3.6MW.

So the boiler consumes 3.6MW, and gives 1.8MW (50% efficiency) as heat power, which can power 2 steam engines at 900kW each.

If you changed the efficiency to 100%, the change would be that it now only consumes 1.8MW of fuel.
Ah, so the game actually does it backwards from what I was. I was using consumption and efficiency to calculate production but they use production and efficiency to calculate consumption instead. That's a kinda strange way to go about it in my opinion.
Alice3173 wrote:
XartaX wrote:...So a 100% efficiency engine would support 4 engines according to this logic? Now I'm a bit confused :D
If it still has an energy consumption of 3.6mw, yes.
So while what I said here isn't technically incorrect (3.6mw production with 100% efficiency would produce 3.6mw of power and thus enough to power four steam engines), if it's the same boiler just boosted to 100% efficiency then the only difference is it'd use half as much fuel to produce the same 1.8mw of power.

XartaX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by XartaX »

Right... so 1 boiler powers 2 engines no matter what, then (as long as you give it enough fuel).

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

What am I supposed to do with all the lead ingots? Got around 80k and I'm not even on robot-tech level
Is lead really used that much in mid-/lategame; that I should store all those ingots?

And is it possible with the bob-overhaul-buildings to create a Y-way with pipes and 2 pumps? When I connect 2 Pumps, only 1 got the fluid and the other dont work. How can I manage that both get around 50% ? Some workaround there or even a building I didnt see? and there is no uranium-like energy-"facility", right? managed to go solar so far, but wondering why the nuclear thing isnt implemented yet?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

doppelEben wrote: And is it possible with the bob-overhaul-buildings to create a Y-way with pipes and 2 pumps? When I connect 2 Pumps, only 1 got the fluid and the other dont work. How can I manage that both get around 50% ? Some workaround there or even a building I didnt see? and there is no uranium-like energy-"facility", right? managed to go solar so far, but wondering why the nuclear thing isnt implemented yet?
You could attach a tank and connect 2 pumps with circuit condition: "if fluid > 1000, then both pumps work."

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

doppelEben wrote:What am I supposed to do with all the lead ingots? Got around 80k and I'm not even on robot-tech level
Is lead really used that much in mid-/lategame; that I should store all those ingots?

And is it possible with the bob-overhaul-buildings to create a Y-way with pipes and 2 pumps? When I connect 2 Pumps, only 1 got the fluid and the other dont work. How can I manage that both get around 50% ? Some workaround there or even a building I didnt see? and there is no uranium-like energy-"facility", right? managed to go solar so far, but wondering why the nuclear thing isnt implemented yet?
Lead is only really used to make Solder, or batteries.
The two output boxes on a factory are linked together, so if you empty one, it empties them both. That's an issue caused by the way the game does things, not something I've done on purpose.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Recon777 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I've honestly never thought about it before, but you're right, probably shouldn't need productivity after the first phase. But then again, I probably put them on the list because you're allowed to do it with steel.
Another example. You know how batteries go through the lead. Well if you set up all the machines to have 2 Mk8 speed modules and 4 Mk8 productivity modules (in other words not nearly as productive efficient as it could be) here's some interesting stats:

Making 10,300 batteries
Costs 7800 lead plates
Which are made from 3000 lead oxide
Which in turn is made from only 1100 galena.
And that galena is probably only pulling 600 or so from the ground if you put the modules in the miners too.

This just keeps going. You can put more productivity modules in the blue science assemblers, getting probably 15000 or so science packs from that 600 galena subtracted from the ore patch. Because of the sheer number of steps involved in making anything advanced, and the fact that these modules ALL stack, you can see how only very rarely will new ore patches even have to be secured and mined.
And now try this with beacons and productivity modules in beacons. I've made a sandbox that builds rockets with only one miner, assembler, chemical plant, furnace per recipe but each one surrounded by beacons. Since everything has like 10000% efficiency it's all just waiting for the rockets to fly off. I'm not sure if a rocket even needs a full 1 iron plate on average in that setup.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Just started all over after I getting used to the new processes and stuff.

But now all ore's have percentage-values instead of an amount. Like: 56'123% instead of 120k - but I saw ore-patches with unlimited in center aswell. So do my ore-patches without "unlimited" but the percentage still disappear? Or did I have f*cked up some settings?

Also there was a message, that bob's thorium is disabled in the RSO settings - I read somewhere on reddit, that it doesnt matter since I dont need it / can process it anyway. some1 confirm?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

doppelEben wrote:Just started all over after I getting used to the new processes and stuff.

But now all ore's have percentage-values instead of an amount. Like: 56'123% instead of 120k - but I saw ore-patches with unlimited in center aswell. So do my ore-patches without "unlimited" but the percentage still disappear? Or did I have f*cked up some settings?

Also there was a message, that bob's thorium is disabled in the RSO settings - I read somewhere on reddit, that it doesnt matter since I dont need it / can process it anyway. some1 confirm?
You might need it for nuclear reactors. So no, you don't need it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The Percentage thing looks like you have infinite ores turned on. There is an option for that in my mod, but other mods also turn that on, so it could be one of those doing it.

And you don't need Thorium ore, that was basically just an ore that I added to test out some of the new features, such as dynamic icon generation, and ore glow (Like the Uranium uses)
I also have a Patreon.

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Is there a way to switch the percentage-patch to amount-patch without starting all over again? -.-‘

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Even more noobish question maybe: Is it possible tp use angels, bobs (and maybe yuoki) and still have uranium orepatches?

I kinda like that glow-touch the new ore has, and would like to be able to use it for nucular

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you were to simply turn off infinite ores (If you can find whichever setting or mod it is turning that on), then everything should continue as normal when you reload the game.

Bob's mods doesn't remove Uranium, one of I think one of Angel's mods does (Probably the one that makes all ores infinite), so you'll have to find and remove that mod... then probably start over to make uranium spawn properly. You can use commands to force a respawn, but I don't recommend that now that the game disables achievements if you use it.

Note: I don't really know what is in each of angel's mods.
I also have a Patreon.

TubbyBoy419
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TubbyBoy419 »

Have 300+ hours with vanilla and mods, and decided to take the plunge into Bob's Now.

Wow! Loaded everything, and 3 hours in, still wondering what I've gotten myself into.

Gotten a single greenhouse built, and have Mk2 boilers and engines online, just now. Been generating red and green flasks, and trying to decide what to build next.

I'm having trouble with gems in the coal, and what to do with them. My old blueprints are having to be updated, as the new recipes mean modifications to the blueprints.

I will keep lurking, and trying to pick up more knowledge about Bob's Mods...

BTW: Bob, these mods are way cool...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Diamonds in coal is an option, you don't have to turn it on, and I'm fairly sure it's turned off by default.

Other than that, it sounds like you're having fun.
I also have a Patreon.

Salty Wagyu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Salty Wagyu »

Is it normal for some completed technology to not show at the bottom of the technologies list? (the ones shaded green), Chemical Processing 1 and Electrolysis 1 are those that don't show for example, and Automation 1. Sometimes I find it useful to look at what I researched so I can see what products I've unlocked.

Also Stone Furnace/Steel Furnace and Metal Mixing Furnace/Steel Metal Mixing Furnace seem to do the same thing? Only difference is the mod version of them can do recipe selection. I don't have bob's electronics enabled yet so maybe these special furnaces are there for a reason

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Salty Wagyu wrote:Is it normal for some completed technology to not show at the bottom of the technologies list? (the ones shaded green), Chemical Processing 1 and Electrolysis 1 are those that don't show for example, and Automation 1. Sometimes I find it useful to look at what I researched so I can see what products I've unlocked.

Also Stone Furnace/Steel Furnace and Metal Mixing Furnace/Steel Metal Mixing Furnace seem to do the same thing? Only difference is the mod version of them can do recipe selection. I don't have bob's electronics enabled yet so maybe these special furnaces are there for a reason
Some recipes work in every furnace, some need a special furnace. Look for something that needs to mix metals and see if a stone furnace can do them.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If a technology is marked as "Upgrade", then only the highest tier available is shown. So when you research Tier 1, it disappears and is replaced with Tier 2.

This is partly in line with some of the infinite research things, and some non-infinite technologies are actually a single definition that says level 1... for 3 levels. so 1, 2 and 3 are all the same technology, then if there's a 4, it's a different technology. The game is coded in such a way that when 4 is available, 3 disappears, hidden under 4.

I know, it can get confusing, but if you didn't have this then the list would be about 4x the size it is now.
I also have a Patreon.

sarcolopter
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sarcolopter »

anywhere to download all the mods as a pre-configured pack?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

sarcolopter wrote:anywhere to download all the mods as a pre-configured pack?
Yes.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3u3702za9bjz ... jFALa?dl=0
it's a link at the top of the page viewtopic.php?f=51&t=44915

if you know how dropbox works, you should know that you can click the menu button on the "Latest" line, and click download, which will download the entire directory as a zip file.

Viola! you now have the entire official latest bob's mods package in a single zip file.
The only mod missing is the fan maintained boblocale mod, which holds all the language translations.
I also have a Patreon.

TubbyBoy419
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: Loader Question

Post by TubbyBoy419 »

All,

Have a problem. Finally researched loaders, and I'm attempting to use them. One loader into a provider chest, and two out, as in the wood production blueprint.

For some reason, nothing happens. I've set the filters on the loaders to be raw wood, and there's raw wood waiting at the input loader.

Does the belt have to be full before The loader will activate?

Return to “Bob's mods”