[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by jodokus31 »

mzolk wrote:Not sure where to ask this, but is there any plans to integrate depleted uranium into Bobs Warfare? Making cordite propelled bullets that use the uranium instead of tungsten for a higher tier AP round?

LOVE the mod by the way, absolutely brilliant
+1
They should be (much) better, than the vanilla ones, or replace them. so that it would be more worth to go the "long and stony road" for bullets :D
However, there are surely more important todos

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

in RL DU-AP rounds are made with a DU-Titan alloy as penetrator.

mzolk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mzolk »

ukezi wrote:in RL DU-AP rounds are made with a DU-Titan alloy as penetrator.
that would be so LEGIT

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

i just looked it up, it is about .5 to 3.5% titanium I think by mass. I think like 1 titan plate to 10 DU to 11 alloy to 11 mags could be an idea.

Ktar2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ktar2 »

Found a small problem, the mods that are affecting this are bobs metals, chemicals and intermediates and bobs ores, when creating sulfur dioxide you need to create sulfur, however, to make sulfur, you need sulfur dioxide, is there any way to get around this because I can't make batteries without it, is this a bug or am. I doing something wrong

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Im pretty sure, that there is another recipe to create sulfur.
If you play with angels mod, there is at least the process to clean sufuric waste water and get sulfur and purified water

If I dont find a recipe, I usually do a text search for it in inventory or science window.
There are also mods, which help a lot, when searching for something:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Coppermi ... y-used-for
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Helfima/helmod

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you don't have bob revamp installed, make sulfur the normal way from petroleum gas.
if you do, you can get sulfur from oil processing with sulfur, or sulfur dioxide in one of the other oil processing recipes.
Sulfur dioxide is also a byproduct of several other processes, including the slightly more advanced lead processing recipe... which is ideal for batteries because you use lead to make them. and apparantly you get the perfect amount of sulfur dioxide needed to make sulfuric acid to make batteries as a byproduct of making lead to make batteries with.

I don't know how other mods like Angels changes things.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Ktar2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ktar2 »

How rare is Nickel ore? i had to make 2 new sandbox games to search for it just to see if it actually exists, took me a half hour to find

thc133
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thc133 »

Ktar2 wrote:How rare is Nickel ore? i had to make 2 new sandbox games to search for it just to see if it actually exists, took me a half hour to find
Even in god mode, it cost me more than 5 minutes to find Nickel ore in 2 of my games. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Before that, I abandoned 2 games because I believe there must be a bug not generating Nickel ore. :( :( :(

An easy way to get Nickel ore in new game is to set "Lead gives Nickel" in Mod settings.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nickel should be level 2 rarity (like default stone...), however it doesn't appear inside the starting area, which can make it a little harder to find as you have to venture out into the biter infested world to find it.
I also have a Patreon.

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

Is cobaltite supposed to be really rare or something?
Unless I'm just managing to completely overlook it somehow there's no cobaltite on this map so far anywhere at all.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Alice3173 wrote:Is cobaltite supposed to be really rare or something?
Unless I'm just managing to completely overlook it somehow there's no cobaltite on this map so far anywhere at all.
That's a weird looking map. But no, there is no cobaltite unless you switched it on in the config. You get cobalt from a copper process, you only need a tiny bit generally anyway. You'll get it from advanced copper processing.

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

Ratzap wrote:That's a weird looking map. But no, there is no cobaltite unless you switched it on in the config. You get cobalt from a copper process, you only need a tiny bit generally anyway. You'll get it from advanced copper processing.
It should be on in the config unless I accidentally didn't enable it. I actually found the copper process you mentioned after making that post. Unfortunately it was after I'd already just decided to use the console to spawn a vein of cobalt though.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Alice3173 wrote:
Ratzap wrote:That's a weird looking map. But no, there is no cobaltite unless you switched it on in the config. You get cobalt from a copper process, you only need a tiny bit generally anyway. You'll get it from advanced copper processing.
It should be on in the config unless I accidentally didn't enable it. I actually found the copper process you mentioned after making that post. Unfortunately it was after I'd already just decided to use the console to spawn a vein of cobalt though.
If Cobaltite is disabled, attempting to spawn it via console will give an error.
I also have a Patreon.

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

bobingabout wrote:If Cobaltite is disabled, attempting to spawn it via console will give an error.
Right, well that confirms it's definitely enabled then I suppose. It's the only ore I have yet to see at all though, as far as I'm aware. Titanium and tungsten are also fairly uncommon but there's a fair amount on my map. Iron is weirdly rare too but that's probably a matter of just weird luck with my spawn or something because copper is very abundant.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Alice3173 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:If Cobaltite is disabled, attempting to spawn it via console will give an error.
Right, well that confirms it's definitely enabled then I suppose. It's the only ore I have yet to see at all though, as far as I'm aware. Titanium and tungsten are also fairly uncommon but there's a fair amount on my map. Iron is weirdly rare too but that's probably a matter of just weird luck with my spawn or something because copper is very abundant.
I'd say that you have a mod or done something to break map generation. Map you are showing has so strange ore fields that it's either a mod thats not functioning properly or some strange bug. Unless you have mod that generates ore using *every other chunk* pattern.

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

orzelek wrote:I'd say that you have a mod or done something to break map generation. Map you are showing has so strange ore fields that it's either a mod thats not functioning properly or some strange bug. Unless you have mod that generates ore using *every other chunk* pattern.
If you're talking about the big blocks in that image it's due to my zoom level. If you zoom out far enough the checker pattern for the ores gets quite large. The only thing I'm using that should be affecting ores is RSO which is compatible with Bob's Mods.
This is the area near where I am in the first screenshot. (Image)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It doesn't really look like RSO... you've been naughty and played around with settings :D
I do think RSO should spawn cobalt properly... but that might need validating since it's disabled by default and I'm not sure if I checked for it explicitly.
Cobalt rarity is same as lead/silver/quartz currently. There is a non-0 chance I broke something when looking at bob's ore definitions and updating configs.

Edit:
Quick test shows that cobaltite spawns if enabled. Please drop by RSO forums and post save/mods/mods config there and I'll take a look - it might be that some of settings you changed caused some bug to appear.

Geslot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Geslot »

Hello.
I've been trying to follow recipe posted here (make sulfur from petrolium gas and water) but I hadn't able to find such recipe in chemistry plant... Does this recipe even exists? Thanks for help! :D

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

Geslot wrote:Hello.
I've been trying to follow recipe posted here (make sulfur from petrolium gas and water) but I hadn't able to find such recipe in chemistry plant... Does this recipe even exists? Thanks for help! :D
1) That recipe is disabled in Bob's mods. Try 'Oil processing with Sulfur' in Oil Refinery instead.
2) If it's not in Oil Refinery and you have definitely researched Sulfur processing, you have Angel's Petrochem installed and need to use one of the other recipes: https://factorio.rotol.me/pack/bobsange ... tem/sulfur

Return to “Bob's mods”