[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by oLaudix »

I can't wait to stick new uranium ammo into sniper turretz Image

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Not sure. I hope we get enemies that make a push at times. With larger groups - something that requires 2 walls one behind the other at times (due to the first being damaged and the critters breaking through).

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

JLBShecky wrote:Well a slight word of warning about fuels that return things, as at the moment it is not possible to remove the results from vehicles with inserters so for example trains you can't fully automate them if you use a fuel that returns anything. The bug report is currently marked as a know issue, so it is not likely to change anytime soon it seems, although that could always change.
And it changed!!!

Code: Select all

Inserters will no longer take fuel from locomotives and instead will take the burnt result items if the locomotive fuel uses that system.
\o/

Drkrieger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Drkrieger »

nagapito wrote:
TheTom wrote:Not to be picky, but I found them underwhelming from the start.

Double wall,

one line of gun turrets, one turret apart (gurre, 2 spaces, turret, 2 spaces)
Second line of sniping turrets, behind every 2nd gun turret

NEVER got ANY problem. Like not once ever.

And once you hit higher power armor - I could stand in a next without really loosing shields.
Well... with a defence like that, backuped up with snipping turrets... they already were underwhelming in V14!
For a little more fun, add in the 'Natural Evolution' mod set (I think there's 3 in the set?). It makes enemies smarter, harder, and have more capabilities. If you want to ramp up the difficulty even more, add in 'Rampant AI' with the 'Natural Evolution' with Bob's Enemies. Then you'll be in for a fight!

P.S.- If you do use these mods, it's imperative that you focus on warfare research to stay alive. And yes, Sniper turrets are your first priority. Lots and lots of sniper turrets!

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Drkrieger wrote:
nagapito wrote:

Double wall,

And once you hit higher power armor - I could stand in a next without really loosing shields.
Well... with a defence like that, backuped up with snipping turrets... they already were underwhelming in V14!
For a little more fun, add in the 'Natural Evolution' mod set (I think there's 3 in the set?). It makes enemies smarter, harder, and have more capabilities. If you want to ramp up the difficulty even more, add in 'Rampant AI' with the 'Natural Evolution' with Bob's Enemies. Then you'll be in for a fight!
P.S.- If you do use these mods, it's imperative that you focus on warfare research to stay alive. And yes, Sniper turrets are your first priority. Lots and lots of sniper turrets!
You forgot to add Misonthope to the cocktail! :P

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Did new version broke boblibrary for anyone? I am not sure if the error is on my side or is it global.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

it seems to still work for me.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Double wall,

Yes, it was funny to walk into a large base and kill them all with a mix of equipment taking no damage, as shields regenerated before more damage was taken. But of course I was in the highest Iron Man looking power armor with 4 or 6 of the highest MK shields and enough robo ports for 100+ bots... But those robo ports could overwhelm 4 of the portable fusion reactors with I think 3 batteries for good measure. Looking forward to trying the fusion bots that they were working on for bobs bots.

And yes I upgrade the double reinforced wall with turrets from Mk1 with Mk1 sniper up to Mk5 with Mk3 Sniper as we move out and take more territory, then to save on resources one set of laser turrets with highest Mk3 sniper behind them fed by bots and requester chests... Still take damage sometimes, but they never make it through if we keep it repaired. Using the FARL to lay the pattern down and then bulldoze the old one and recycle the turrets.

Enuo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Enuo »

Hey! Thanks for the mods! Anyhow, I'm a little to eager so I started a new 0.15 map with bobs / angels. Other than things you guys have been jumping on I noticed what I hope is a bug. With angle petrochem: the gas wells are fine at ~100/sec for an average well, but the multiphase oil wells are pumping ~1/sec with a mk 1 pumpjack, and scaling properly wiht mk 2. I've checked 4 patches, 100% seems to be bang on 1/sec. The recipes require 100 per cycle so 1/sec seems really off, especially with gas pumping at 100. Not really sure if its you, or angels. Is anyone else seeing the same, or is this intentional?

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Enuo wrote:Hey! Thanks for the mods! Anyhow, I'm a little to eager so I started a new 0.15 map with bobs / angels. Other than things you guys have been jumping on I noticed what I hope is a bug. With angle petrochem: the gas wells are fine at ~100/sec for an average well, but the multiphase oil wells are pumping ~1/sec with a mk 1 pumpjack, and scaling properly wiht mk 2. I've checked 4 patches, 100% seems to be bang on 1/sec. The recipes require 100 per cycle so 1/sec seems really off, especially with gas pumping at 100. Not really sure if its you, or angels. Is anyone else seeing the same, or is this intentional?
You should probably post this in angel's forum

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Just a question - yellow inserter recipe is not showing up on grey assembly machine? Something missing? ;)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

no they need 3 components. grey can only craft with max 2. tier 2 can craft them.

Aetherblades
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aetherblades »

Hey Bob,

Just so you know, I think today's patches may have made it impossible to play the game in multiplayer. We made sure the game itself was the same, and we share the mods we use with a zip, but we kept getting the error below:

That's what I get joining him, when he tries to join me he gets a bit more info saying that the same issue is found with Bobsores.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Aetherblades wrote:Hey Bob,

Just so you know, I think today's patches may have made it impossible to play the game in multiplayer. We made sure the game itself was the same, and we share the mods we use with a zip, but we kept getting the error below:

That's what I get joining him, when he tries to join me he gets a bit more info saying that the same issue is found with Bobsores.
I'm not 100% on this but... make sure all your settings are the same as each other.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Aetherblades wrote:Hey Bob,

If mod settings are different, it also shows this error.
With todays patch, all settings were reseted by the game, to fix a bug where invalid values were being saved, so its probably that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

nagapito wrote:With todays patch, all settings were reseted by the game, to fix a bug where invalid values were being saved, so its probably that.
there's been like, 3 updates today.

Anyway, Warfare is out!
I also have a Patreon.

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello Bob,

The express underground recipe updates in boblogistic/prototypes/recipe/belt-recipe-updates.lua were not needed from factorio 13 on. They currently conflict with recipe changes made in factorio 0.15.8. Please consider removing them.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote:
nagapito wrote:With todays patch, all settings were reseted by the game, to fix a bug where invalid values were being saved, so its probably that.
there's been like, 3 updates today.

Anyway, Warfare is out!
You cant just drop the bomb like that!!!!

What!? Learning with Factorio devs?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

clampi wrote:Hello Bob,

The express underground recipe updates in boblogistic/prototypes/recipe/belt-recipe-updates.lua were not needed from factorio 13 on. They currently conflict with recipe changes made in factorio 0.15.8. Please consider removing them.
I've made a note to look into belt recipes for my second pass of editing.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

No more coloured alien science packs?

Return to “Bob's mods”