[0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Which of the new v0.7 additions do you like the best?

Advanced Electronics 3 with CPUs
25%
The Nitrogen/Ceramic chain
17%
The new Pumps and barrel/bottle recipes
11%
The new types of pipes
11%
Factory reballancing
14%
The new Electrolyser graphics!
23%

Total votes: 234

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by bobingabout »

Nexela wrote:
increase the electric cost of electrolysis
Noooooooooooooooo :)

I know it was talked about somewere but I really need to do the math on the coal->solid fuel via hydrogen vs just coal for power plants.
Well, as I worked it out, due to current costs and everything.... a note from my files:
Power per hydrogen should be 0.025 per unit.
A unit of Petroleum Gas is worth 12.5, meaning for a 1:1 power, you'd get 500 hydrogen from cracking...
This was based on the cost of a fuel block from petroleum gas, and the cost to produce a unit of Hydrogen... it is unbalanced.
If say, I doubled the cost of electrolysis, I'd probably half the fuel related hydrogen costs to balance that out.

Using that math, well, I think the result was to double the fuel value, then of the hydrogen in my formula, then add it to coal, and that's what the recipe became. so using fuel blocks from coal and hydrogen should produce more extra power than it costs to do the conversion.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Vandrew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vandrew »

How do i get lithia water?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vandrew wrote:How do i get lithia water?
Find a patch of Lithia water. Place a pumpjack or water mining jack on it.

They look like blue versions of oil patches. There is more than one type of water though, so point to it and see what it says first.
I also have a Patreon.

djnekkid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by djnekkid »

Hello Bob!

I were wondering ...

Recently (as in: it weren't here the last time i played "bobs") you added some other recepies in the refinerey, and a few of them is sulfur dioxide gas(liquid?). But neither in the compressor or pump can i find a recepie to put it into barrels/canisters/gas bottles.

Is that something you overlooked, or is that intended behavior?

Cheers! DJ

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

djnekkid wrote:Hello Bob!

I were wondering ...

Recently (as in: it weren't here the last time i played "bobs") you added some other recepies in the refinerey, and a few of them is sulfur dioxide gas(liquid?). But neither in the compressor or pump can i find a recepie to put it into barrels/canisters/gas bottles.

Is that something you overlooked, or is that intended behavior?

Cheers! DJ
Not all gasses can be in barrels or bottles... this is one of the cases where you can't bottle it, and must deal with it immediately.
You can destroy it in the gas vent if you wish, or can convert it into Sulfuric Acid, which can be barrelled. Even Solid sulfur if you like, but since the main use of sulfur is to turn it into acid, not a best option.
I also have a Patreon.

djnekkid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by djnekkid »

yea, that is actually a good point, but it makes the refinery-area cluttered, as im trying for a "robot only", but yes, turning it into sulfur (+biproducts?) is actually viable, and there should be room :D
The acid does require something extra iirc, but thanx for the idea(s) :D

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

The acid requires water, which many refinery recipes also require, so a refinery area should have some decent water supply.

Severant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Severant »

If you're interested Bobingabout, I'm familiar in both Miller Process (How you currently refine gold in your mod) And the Wohlwill Process for refining 99.999% Pure gold. Both of these process are conducted at where I work, and I deal with the latter on a daily basis.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I have probably looked at that before deciding to go with the process I used. But in any case, give me a brief run down on what it would take to refine gold via that method, and I may consider adding it to the game.

on that note though, although some materials like lead have as many as 3 methods to refine it, Most do have real world alternate methods I haven't implemented.
I also have a Patreon.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Can you merge chemical processing plant with electrolyzer? They both do functionally the same thing: take input pipes and send outputs pipes. Like assemblers, chemical plants are pretty generic and should be interchangeable.

Finding out I crafted or placed the wrong plant is annoying and it's one more item I need on my toolbar when designing a production line.

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

Is there a wood to coal conversion process implemented yet? With the bob's greenhouses now, it would make wood much more useful in the mid and late game.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Why would you need wood to coal?

AFAIK the only thing mandatory for coal is plastic.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Coal is also used in electronic as cabon. If you use the revamp mod you don't need coal for plastic.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It can also be used for cracking down to heavy oil, which along with the increased demand for it for certain things (petroleum Jelly, resin, and can be converted to fuel blocks using hydrogen) means it's a very useful material, and burning it is a bit of a waste.

The answer though is... no, there currently isn't a wood to coal recipe, but I have been considering it.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

If i use this mod without the Bob's ores mod the ores are required anyway.
Is this intended and how should this work?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

steinio wrote:If i use this mod without the Bob's ores mod the ores are required anyway.

Greetings steinio
Yes.

Basically, you NEED ores to use MCI. The reason why it is NOT part of the mod, nor a dependency is because you may end up using someone elses mod that gives you ores via a different method, or use the ores mod with other mods, like 5dim.

so, although they're not locked to require each other, they pretty much do need each other unless you have other mods to fill the gaps.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

bobingabout wrote:
steinio wrote:If i use this mod without the Bob's ores mod the ores are required anyway.

Greetings steinio
Yes.

Basically, you NEED ores to use MCI. The reason why it is NOT part of the mod, nor a dependency is because you may end up using someone elses mod that gives you ores via a different method, or use the ores mod with other mods, like 5dim.

so, although they're not locked to require each other, they pretty much do need each other unless you have other mods to fill the gaps.
OK :)

Edit: Maybe you can add a config flag to disable the ores?
Some replacement in the recipes by used plates must be happen so it could be a lot of work :/

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I had a thought/idea:

One of the things that I've felt a little odd about is that Invar & Nitinol aren't really used as these big, super important alloys. But, I like the idea of both having them in the game, and having higher-level alloys that you need for different things.
So, an idea that I had was: Why not, instead of using Invar & nitinol for higher tier things like storage tanks & belts, use them in a few niche applications. And! Also adding "Maraging Steel" and "Ni Super alloys" that replace most of the higher tier uses. The alloy steel could require quite a blend of different metals (including nickel, silicon, etc), and the Ni super alloy could require nickel & cobalt & maybe some other stuff.

Just a thought! I love your mods, & I had this idea the other day, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Quelthias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Quelthias »

Thank you for the great mods Bob!

It is proving to be quite a challenge organizing the many new processes but I welcome the difficulty (and the processes make sense).

One problem I am having is finding the cobalt-oxide-from-copper recipe in the chemical furnace.
I have found the Cobalt Oxide from cobaltite recipe and stone but not the copper, stone, coal and hydrogen gas recipe.

Is this process supposed to be available before blue science?
I have researched all of red and green science.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

The recipe can't be made in the burner chemical-furnace it needs to be made in the electrical chemical (1st one I think but might be the mk2) or multipurpose furnace

Return to “Bob's mods”