[0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Which of the new v0.7 additions do you like the best?

Advanced Electronics 3 with CPUs
25%
The Nitrogen/Ceramic chain
17%
The new Pumps and barrel/bottle recipes
11%
The new types of pipes
11%
Factory reballancing
14%
The new Electrolyser graphics!
23%

Total votes: 234

silverbird
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.10] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by silverbird »

many thanks in advance. the world has 330 hours now, it would be great to build some really nice stuff :)

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

orzelek wrote:Small balancing question - would you consider improving heavy oil to synthetic wood efficiency?
Currently heavy oil is needed much more especially after you get to blue science and production of basic circuit boards needs a heavy ramp up.
My tanks farm is getting bigger and bigger for petroleum and light oil due to high usage of heavy oil. Thats with use of 4 Mk 2 chemical plants to make heavy oil from coal as an additional source (production of synthetic wood around 200/minute, basic boards 320/minute).
I ran into another but similar issue.
I can't get rid of Treefram because of the Resin or more specific, the Solder demands in your electronic's.
Is the one Reasin for one raw wood the only way to get it or am I missing something?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Takezu wrote:
orzelek wrote:Small balancing question - would you consider improving heavy oil to synthetic wood efficiency?
Currently heavy oil is needed much more especially after you get to blue science and production of basic circuit boards needs a heavy ramp up.
My tanks farm is getting bigger and bigger for petroleum and light oil due to high usage of heavy oil. Thats with use of 4 Mk 2 chemical plants to make heavy oil from coal as an additional source (production of synthetic wood around 200/minute, basic boards 320/minute).
I ran into another but similar issue.
I can't get rid of Treefram because of the Resin or more specific, the Solder demands in your electronic's.
Is the one Reasin for one raw wood the only way to get it or am I missing something?
You can use heavy oil to make resin - that gets you back to my problem then :D

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

I can?

Must be blind, i didn't noticed that. Chemical plant I assume?

But yes that would lead ecxatly to the same problem. I've way to much Light Oil and Petroleum anyway.
Even Converting the Light Oil to Fuel an dumping it in my Boilers an Trains let's me end up with way to much Canister.
And Even then it leaves me with the Petroleum ...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Takezu wrote:I can?

Must be blind, i didn't noticed that. Chemical plant I assume?

But yes that would lead ecxatly to the same problem. I've way to much Light Oil and Petroleum anyway.
Even Converting the Light Oil to Fuel an dumping it in my Boilers an Trains let's me end up with way to much Canister.
And Even then it leaves me with the Petroleum ...
Convert the Petroleum to Hydrogen, then make fuel blocks from Excess Hydrogen.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Well its a nice idea, but where should i dump them.
First, i'd have to convert my light oil down in the same way or convert it to fuel blocks.
Secondly, i have a long conveyer with liquid fuel canister down to my engines and trains. A really long convey across half of my factory wich produces
the last tier of electronics at this time.
The Pumps for the Fuel are barley working, and the tanks behind them are full.
And i don't even use Advanced Oil processing.

Counteracting this is like Counteracting Sodium Hydroxide. Build more and more Storage an hope to not run out of space,
wich inevetably will happen sooner or later.

You keep runnig out of the stuff you need, like HCl and Synthetic Wood/Resin, because you backlog on the byproduct.
I'd love to see a way to dump that stuff some where. Even if it was a dumping ground wich would slowly create pollution
but would get rid of the stuff overtime or instant or what ever.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.11] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by bobingabout »

Update released.

There's been a short list of minor bug fixes and changes slowly growing for a few weeks, and with the recent issue with the lack of Migration scripts when using in an existing game that already had latest dytech caused certain metal chains to have their recipes missing in my mod, I decided it was finally time to implement these changes, and release an update.

v0.7.11
* Increased Synthetic Wood recipe results to 2.
* Reworked, fixed and Streamlined the Migrations directory.
* Change a few chemical recipes to be slower, but process more materials per batch.
* Lowered time cost of Liquid Fuel recipe
Takezu wrote:Well its a nice idea, but where should i dump them.
First, i'd have to convert my light oil down in the same way or convert it to fuel blocks.
Secondly, i have a long conveyer with liquid fuel canister down to my engines and trains. A really long convey across half of my factory wich produces
the last tier of electronics at this time.
The Pumps for the Fuel are barley working, and the tanks behind them are full.
And i don't even use Advanced Oil processing.

Counteracting this is like Counteracting Sodium Hydroxide. Build more and more Storage an hope to not run out of space,
wich inevetably will happen sooner or later.

You keep runnig out of the stuff you need, like HCl and Synthetic Wood/Resin, because you backlog on the byproduct.
I'd love to see a way to dump that stuff some where. Even if it was a dumping ground wich would slowly create pollution
but would get rid of the stuff overtime or instant or what ever.
Alternate idea then... Use Coal to Heavy-Oil cracking (Which is available on advanced oil processing research)
Perhaps (Next time since I just literally released an update) I should add an oil processing recipe that gives far more heavy oil?
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote: Alternate idea then... Use Coal to Heavy-Oil cracking (Which is available on advanced oil processing research)
Perhaps (Next time since I just literally released an update) I should add an oil processing recipe that gives far more heavy oil?
I think that better (or actually worse - more heavy oil:) ) oil processing recipe is best solution for that. I was using coal to heavy oil cracking heavily - that made the storages fill slower for light and petroleum.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

orzelek wrote:
bobingabout wrote: Alternate idea then... Use Coal to Heavy-Oil cracking (Which is available on advanced oil processing research)
I think that better (or actually worse - more heavy oil:) ) oil processing recipe is best solution for that. I was using coal to heavy oil cracking heavily - that made the storages fill slower for light and petroleum.
I would agree. Multiple Outputs for a recipe end sooner or later in a backlog, unless the output is used in the same ratio as it is produced.
Well good luck with that ;)
But a oil process that yields more heavy Oil would hopefully backlog on heavy Oil first if its not consumed fast enough.
That would in my opinion at least reduce the problem of, i want more Oil what do i do with the other stuff.

Omglolz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Omglolz »

This might sound stupid but...
How do i get cobalt?
Seems like im now able to find any ores/ways to make cobalt.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Omglolz wrote:This might sound stupid but...
How do i get cobalt?
There is a cobalt ore - just need to find it :D
It's blue if I remember correctly.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

There is a recipe to refine copper ore in one of the special furnaces and produce some cobalt as well. You should get it when you research cobalt processing.

Omglolz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Omglolz »

orzelek wrote:
How do i get cobalt?
Didnt install Dytech,
No cobalt ore here
Degraine wrote:There is a recipe to refine copper ore in one of the special furnaces and produce some cobalt as well. You should get it when you research cobalt processing.
Thanks!
i didnt know that the cobalt processing uses the copper plate icon. So im quite confused :lol:

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Omglolz wrote:
orzelek wrote:
How do i get cobalt?
Didnt install Dytech,
No cobalt ore here
Degraine wrote:There is a recipe to refine copper ore in one of the special furnaces and produce some cobalt as well. You should get it when you research cobalt processing.
Thanks!
i didnt know that the cobalt processing uses the copper plate icon. So im quite confused :lol:
Cobalt Ore resource is optional, you can turn it on in the config.lua file, and it will then apear on the map as a blue ore.
The reason why it is optional, and disabled by default is because you don't NEED Cobalt Ore.
You do however need Cobalt Oxide which can be obtained as a byproduct from Advanced copper processing recipe, available from cobalt processing research. This is why it has a copper icon, because it's advanced copper ore processing.
I also have a Patreon.

silverbird
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silverbird »

thanks to your update with the new migration script all is well, every recipe is available.
thank you very much :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

silverbird wrote:thanks to your update with the new migration script all is well, every recipe is available.
thank you very much :)
You're welcome. I'm glad it works for you now. Hopefully this will avoid similar issues in the future.
I also have a Patreon.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Maybe that belongs more into the power mod, but i've had a sudden idea regarding the Excess Hydrogen.

I thougt refining it into Deuterium and powering a nice clean Fusionreactor with it would be a better solution then
making Fuelblocks (that looks more like Carbonblocks then anything else to begin with).

Well, would be a better solution if it's possible in the first place.
I'm no modder so i don't have a single clue.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Currently, there is no system to say "Take this item, produce this much power". Burning is hardcoded to produce fuel from ANYTHING with a fuel value. There is also currently no way to use fluids as fuel.

Any mods that currently do something like this use scripting, something I've been trying to avoid due to "issues". (in simplest terms, If item exists in inventory, reduce item stack by 1, produce this much power)
I also have a Patreon.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Hmm well the fluid problem where an easy one to solve. Just make a fuelCylinder sor something like that.

But if there is noway to say, this item has this fuelvalue but only in this "Assembler/Boiler/whatever" true then it's worth nothing.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

bobingabout wrote:Currently, there is no system to say "Take this item, produce this much power". Burning is hardcoded to produce fuel from ANYTHING with a fuel value. There is also currently no way to use fluids as fuel.

Any mods that currently do something like this use scripting, something I've been trying to avoid due to "issues". (in simplest terms, If item exists in inventory, reduce item stack by 1, produce this much power)
Would it be possible to have a combination Chemical Plant / Burner Generator where it internally converts the liquid to some invisible solid item, then burns said unseen item?

Return to “Bob's mods”