[0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Which of the new v0.7 additions do you like the best?

Advanced Electronics 3 with CPUs
25%
The Nitrogen/Ceramic chain
17%
The new Pumps and barrel/bottle recipes
11%
The new types of pipes
11%
Factory reballancing
14%
The new Electrolyser graphics!
23%

Total votes: 234

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.6] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediat

Post by bobingabout »

Tungsten Gears should unlock with my research, because I add them too.

As for the others you listed, well, if lead, cobalt and zinc gears exist in dytech, you'd need to use dytech's research to unlock them.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Fallout301
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fallout301 »

the thing is though, that your research overwrites dytech's research, so doing the dytech metal researches isn't possible
Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern, Fallout: New Vegas

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Unless there's a recent change, Dytech doesn't research metals indevidually, his metals research is all part of the Lava smelting tree.

are you telling me he recently changed his research tree, and fucked up his mod's compatabillity with mine in the process?
I also have a Patreon.

Fallout301
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fallout301 »

It would seem that way, I've been poking around the DyTech files and the non-overwritten researches function exactly like they should, unlocking the tools and stuff, but the ones I mentioned which MCI and in the case of zinc, Logistics overwrite, don't. DyTech did get a major update/change a few days ago, and the mod parts got renamed and condensed so stuff like "DyTech-Metallurgy" isn't a separate module anymore, that got merged into MAIN-DyTech-Machine from what digging around the files is showing me.

Zinc: http://i.imgur.com/ujQgiOe.png

Tin: http://i.imgur.com/bxDKnvx.png
Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern, Fallout: New Vegas

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I don't want to sound like an arse when I say this, but USUALLY, I end up changing my mod because I used something that someone else already did.
In this case, DySoch added something to DyTech that already existed, and he broke things, not me, so he should make the first effort to try and fix things. I go out of my way to accomodate him, so he should do the same.

I know he probably won't, so I'll probably end up fixing it eventually, but I shouldn't have to.

I'm not going to do it now for one simple reason. I'm not currently actively modding.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Who cares about Dytech? It's broken imbalanced mod! Go bob or go broke.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cpy wrote:Who cares about Dytech? It's broken imbalanced mod! Go bob or go broke.
Not so imbalalnced i think 8-) You are mistaken, dytech has a right to exist, the creation of Dysch and Bobingabout mutually complement each other, i like next updtae of Dytech,
DySoch added something to DyTech that already existed, and he broke things, not me, so he should make the first effort to try and fix things. I go out of my way to accomodate him, so he should do the same.
And i what the answer from bobingabout, and for example, his warfare mod, may be bobingabout right about dytech
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:Who cares about Dytech? It's broken imbalanced mod! Go bob or go broke.
XD
I'm happy to have you as a fan, even if your pony icon scares me sometimes.
Still, Many people use DyTech and Bob's mod's together, so I have to accomodate that possibility.
aklesey1 wrote:
DySoch added something to DyTech that already existed, and he broke things, not me, so he should make the first effort to try and fix things. I go out of my way to accomodate him, so he should do the same.
And i what the answer from bobingabout, and for example, his warfare mod, may be bobingabout right about dytech
I'm not telling anyone to use DyTech, he just seems a bit... well, from what I've noticed, he just seems to do what he wants.
I will most likely go and look at DyTech and my mod together so I can make things work that have changed. just not right now.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I found dytech easy, the only thing i was using from dytech when i used dytech was warfare, but i won't need to use it anymore because hopefully we'll get to see bob's warfare.

I just wish i had more friends to play Factorio with because nobody likes to play with me because i don't play long enough before starting new game. Eh well i love to reiterate my work quite often. I even found perfect settings for bob games, i manually tuned every resource so you will never have too much of everything. 10-20 hour might be short for one game but, rocket defense and move on! :D

I might post seed as an example. I consider those settings as normal mode, not hard but finding good ratio was quite pain.

Resource spawn overhaul is good too, but tweaking it is even harder than normal generator also you have to configure it to work with bob or any other mod except dytech.

PVP might spice things up. You can be damn sure i will post good pvp seeds in future.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm interested to know what resource settings you use. I might be able to tweak the values to make the normal settings be more in line if I know what I need to make more or less rare.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I'll post my settings but i need to get home first, i need to see savegame, also random generator is sometimes derpy but that setting will be quite good most of the time.
This one is older but, might work as well, i have dytech warfare here in the MES. In this save i used dytech warfare so that's why there are dytech gen items.

Code: Select all

>>>AAALAAgAAQACAhIAAAALAAAAYmF1eGl0ZS1vcmUCAgEEAAAAY29h
bAICAQoAAABjb3BwZXItb3JlAQQACQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAEBAQoAAAB
lbmVteS1iYXNlBAQCCQAAAGdlbXN0b25lcwEDBAgAAABnb2xkLW9yZQ
ICAQgAAABpcm9uLW9yZQEEAAgAAABsZWFkLW9yZQICAQUAAABtYWdtY
QEDAg8AAABtZXRhbGx1cmd5LW9yZXMBAwIGAAAAcXVhcnR6AgIBCgAA
AHJ1dGlsZS1vcmUBAQEKAAAAc2lsdmVyLW9yZQICAQUAAABzdG9uZQI
CBAcAAAB0aW4tb3JlAgIBDAAAAHR1bmdzdGVuLW9yZQEBAQgAAAB6aW
5jLW9yZQICAdox9kFLGAAADpAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAiMTV+<<<
For more comfortable start you can set copper and iron from [very low - big - very poor] --to-> [low - big - very poor]
You NEED treefarm.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

looks like a bit of a tough game, but from what I can see, you just need more Rutile and Tungsten.
I also have a Patreon.

Fallout301
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fallout301 »

@cpy I mostly just use dytech for the warfare module, and slightly cheaper belts, I much prefer factorio bobingabout style! :mrgreen:

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

I find collision between you mod and Dytech mods, it is "lead gear wheel". I can't craft dytech geothermal extraction because necessary lead gear wheels dissappear when you mod install, I checked it.
Before install you mod
After install
Where are lead gear wheel? :cry:

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

This is DYTECH problem! Lead gears are not in Bob's mod. Now move on and ask in correct mod section. Also don't mix so many mods if you don't want problems.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:This is DYTECH problem! Lead gears are not in Bob's mod. Now move on and ask in correct mod section. Also don't mix so many mods if you don't want problems.
Technically, A problem with both our mods, but it is DyTech's fault. I made the research first, DyTech added it much later. Instead of checking to see if it already existed in another mod, he just went and added it with the same internal name. Now this has some good points, and some bad points. The good points is that one research works for both mods IF configured correctly. The bad points is that if it is not configured correctly (like here) then you get issues where it doesn't unlock everything.

I CAN fix it in my mod, but because it is DySoch's fault, I shouldn't have to. (Which is why I havn't yet, I've been giving DySoch a chance to fix it first. That and I'm not actively modding right now.)
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.7.7] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediat

Post by bobingabout »

v0.7.7
* New German Locale Translated by Talon
* New DyTech Core research compatability

Yeah, I had a bit of time, so I fixed it. Let me know if there's any problems with it.
I also have a Patreon.

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

Thank you,I see now lead wheel in tech tree. But unfortunatly...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

the problem is likely because although I changed the way research is defined to allow outside influences to add unlocks to it, I did not check to see if any unlocks outside of my own mod were missed, and unlock them. This is A LOT harder to do for someone elses mod than my own mod. Basically, if you're loading the new version in an old save that was broken by having both the new DyTech and the old version of my mod, the only way to fix it is with a bunch of commands entered into the console.

try these

/c game.player.force.recipes["tin-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["zinc-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["lead-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["cobalt-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:the problem is likely because although I changed the way research is defined to allow outside influences to add unlocks to it, I did not check to see if any unlocks outside of my own mod were missed, and unlock them. This is A LOT harder to do for someone elses mod than my own mod. Basically, if you're loading the new version in an old save that was broken by having both the new DyTech and the old version of my mod, the only way to fix it is with a bunch of commands entered into the console.

try these

/c game.player.force.recipes["tin-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["zinc-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["lead-gear-wheel"].enabled = true
/c game.player.force.recipes["cobalt-gear-wheel"].enabled = true

hello I have a question I made for myself a couple of calcium chloride retsptov. introduced in the codes
technology
  {
         type = "unlock-recipe",
         recipe = "calcium-chloride-2"
       }
recipe
{
     type = "recipe",
     name = "calcium-chloride-2"
     category = "chemistry",
     subgroup = "bob-resource-chemical",
     energy_required = 1,
     enabled = "false",
     ingredients =
     {
       {type = "item", name = "stone", amount = 1}
       {type = "item", name = "lead-plate", amount = 1}
     }
     result = "calcium-chloride",
     order = "f [calcium-chloride]"
   }

but the changes in the game does not display, how to make it yato would appear?

Return to “Bob's mods”