[0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Which of the new v0.7 additions do you like the best?

Advanced Electronics 3 with CPUs
25%
The Nitrogen/Ceramic chain
17%
The new Pumps and barrel/bottle recipes
11%
The new types of pipes
11%
Factory reballancing
14%
The new Electrolyser graphics!
23%

Total votes: 234

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by bobingabout »

To note: I don't recommend deleting the entire migration folder, bobplates_0.15.7.json for example is still useful even with the new system that makes most of the LUA migration unnecessary.

However, if you'll only ever be using these mods on a new game, or loading a vanilla game, not a game where you've previously used pre 0.15 bobs mods, then it isn't going to matter.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Found error in recipe https://yadi.sk/d/TW1WxrFW3Z6MGN
Water and petroleum gas must be multiplied on 10 -so not 5 water and 5 petroleum gas - but 50 water and 50 petroleum gas

Here's correct recipe

Code: Select all

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "petroleum-gas-cracking",
    category = "chemistry",
    enabled = "false",
    energy_required = 2.5,
    ingredients =
    {
      {type = "fluid", name = "water", amount = 50},
      {type = "fluid", name = "petroleum-gas", amount = 50},
    },
    results =
    {
      {type = "fluid", name = "hydrogen", amount = 250}
    },
    subgroup = "bob-fluid",
    icon = "__bobplates__/graphics/icons/petrolium-gas-cracking.png",
    icon_size = 32,
    order = "b[fluid-chemistry]-b[hydrogen]",
    crafting_machine_tint =
    {
      primary = {r = 0.0, g = 0.34, b = 0.5, a = 0.000},
      secondary = {r = 0.3, g = 0.1, b = 0.3, a = 0.000},
      tertiary = {r = 0.7, g = 0.7, b = 0.7, a = 0.000},
    },
  },
Error in this recipe after updating bob's plates - 5 petroleum gas + 5 water :!: :!: :!:
I wrote about this error why it is necessary to repeat it again, after all just put the multiplier to 10 for liquids and gases
Bobingabout pls :( :roll: ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:48 pm
Found error in recipe https://yadi.sk/d/TW1WxrFW3Z6MGN
Water and petroleum gas must be multiplied on 10 -so not 5 water and 5 petroleum gas - but 50 water and 50 petroleum gas

Here's correct recipe

Code: Select all

{
    type = "recipe",
    name = "petroleum-gas-cracking",
    category = "chemistry",
    enabled = "false",
    energy_required = 2.5,
    ingredients =
    {
      {type = "fluid", name = "water", amount = 50},
      {type = "fluid", name = "petroleum-gas", amount = 50},
    },
    results =
    {
      {type = "fluid", name = "hydrogen", amount = 250}
    },
    subgroup = "bob-fluid",
    icon = "__bobplates__/graphics/icons/petrolium-gas-cracking.png",
    icon_size = 32,
    order = "b[fluid-chemistry]-b[hydrogen]",
    crafting_machine_tint =
    {
      primary = {r = 0.0, g = 0.34, b = 0.5, a = 0.000},
      secondary = {r = 0.3, g = 0.1, b = 0.3, a = 0.000},
      tertiary = {r = 0.7, g = 0.7, b = 0.7, a = 0.000},
    },
  },
Error in this recipe after updating bob's plates - 5 petroleum gas + 5 water :!: :!: :!:
I wrote about this error why it is necessary to repeat it again, after all just put the multiplier to 10 for liquids and gases
Bobingabout pls :( :roll: ;)
I did look into it, It's not an error.
bobingabout wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:52 pm
I've been going through my list of bug reports and suggested changes, which are probably long buried, so I'm not even going to look for them. But there were a couple of points I wanted to address.

Q: check petroleum-gas-cracking recipe. should it cost 50 gas and water?
A: based on fuel values of hydrogen and petroleum gas, 250 from 5 is accurate.
The recipe has a long history, and doesn't make sense at first glance, but consider that petroleum gas has 4.6MJ fluid value, and Hydrogen has 90kJ, or 0.09MJ per unit.
4.6 x 5 = 23MJ.
23MJ / 250 = 0.092MJ or 92kJ.

I have been considering alternate ratios for gasses, but they're already expanded (you get 2x hydrogen and 2.5x other gasses from processing), but Petroleum Gas being a base game gas isn't expanded, which does make the issue appear a little worse. (If petroleum gas had the same treatment, you'd get 250 hydrogen from 12.5 petroleum gas instead)
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey fuel value is fuel value
But if'll have 10x multiplier we will assume that the fuel value decreased by 10 times
And explanation in my case - i'm playing with py coal processing and with py mods and i can extract hydrogen from petroleum gas and then hydrogen can be used as liquid fuel called as "combustion mixture" - i can say it can give very very big count of power - and this is just a very cheap way to get energy :!: , it imbalanced, moreover there not so big problem to get tons of petroleum gas in py coal processing ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I'd say then it's either more a problem of py to fix this, since he is dependent on bobs for a bigger part or someone to come up with a compatibility fix for this. :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah. What bob's mods does it balanced for Bob's mods. The days of Bob's mods being an "Over mod" has passed, and other mods are now the over mods on top of Bob's mods.
So, I am speaking from experience when I say... If you're building a mod that sits on top of Bob's mods (Like Py, and Angels), then it's up to you as the one writing the over mod to re-balance bob's mods to your new game play.

So, getting 50 times the hydrogen as petroleum gas works for Bob's mods, but if it doesn't work in Py mods, and Py is writing to run on top of Bob's mods, then it's up to Py to rebalance it.

In the meantime, Bob's mods for 0.16 are in what I'd call a finished state, since 0.17 is around the corner (whether that be a month or a year(my guess from the progress I've seen is around Christmas)), that's what I'm looking at now.
"fluid" "energy_source" that I have been working on has been aproved, and I've just written oil boilers (which I realised after doing it is a little bit of a crap name, since it suggests it boils oil, rather than using it as an energy source) into what will be bobpower 0.17.0, and my current task is updating all the technology stuff (things have moved around a bit in the tech tree. such as science packs being unlocked by their own technologies) EG, instead of Logistic pack being unlocked by Logistics 3, with Logistics 4 requires Logistics 3 as a prerequisite, the logistics pack is on it's own technology now with Logistics 3 as a prerequisite, and Logistics 4 (and some others) will now require Logistic science pack as a prerequisite.

So, although to "make it work" requires relatively little effort (it's mostly just minor changes like terciary on electricity being spelling corrected to tertiary), having it actually make sense requires getting out the proverbial microscope and slowly combing through both the base looking for changes (I did make a note of some of them, others I just changed fixed in my mod there and then) and my mods to fix them.

Then there's the whole "change the colours to grey/yellow/red/blue/purple/green progression" on things with colours. when there's less than 6 tiers of entity (Belts, inserters and assembling machines are about the only things with 6 tiers), I'd have to decide which is the most appropriate to use. (For example, since chemical plants start at science pack 2, it's likely they'll start with Red, where the electronic assembling machines match with every 2nd tier of assembling machine, so probably go yellow, blue then green) Grey is unlikely to be used for much. (as you already know, the science packs go Yellow, red, blue, then production(SP4) is purple and high tech is green(SP5) which for the most part would correspond to the tier of entity they unlock, with Logistics(also 4) being pink, and military(more of a 2.5 since it's cheaper and usually used before science pack 3) remains grey. I am aware some things do seem to lag behind that progression a little, such as steam power to unlock boiler MK2 being science pack 1, when in theory it should be red coloured for 2.)

I'll stop now, I'm waffling.
I also have a Patreon.

Gladmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gladmer »

Hello guys! Im having a little problem here. In the assembly of "Bob" there is a recipe for the "basic electronic component" It is made from "carbon" and "tinned copper wire" But I can not make the carbon that is needed for crafting. All options in FNEY is on, but im cant click and check recipe for it. Help?
Attachments
20181015131213_1.jpg
20181015131213_1.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 3540 times
ss (2018-10-14 at 07.21.56).jpg
ss (2018-10-14 at 07.21.56).jpg (72.44 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Since you're using other mods, especially Py, things may be different than what I intended, however, you need to research the chemical furnace (chemistry research) and make bob's carbon from Coal and Water.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”