Sulphur issue (without bob's ores)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Sulphur issue (without bob's ores)

Post by Molay »

Hello there,

I'm playing a "vanilla materials" bob's mod game, where I use all of bob's mods except for Ores, Metals and Chemicals and Electronics. With the removal of the separate recipe to make Sulfur from petroleum, and no advances ways of making Sulfur (via Metals and Chemicals I imagine?) there is woefully little Sulfur to go around. Please, reinsert the basic sulfur crafting recipe from petroleum when the mods that add advanced means of getting sulfur are not enabled; this is a crippling issue, as it not only prevents any serious ventures into making a bot network, but it also hampers science and accumulator production heavily. As it stands, I would have to heavily overproduce on raw oil refining and somehow dump (can't even void it without the other mods) the excess heavy/light/petroleum (probably storing it in barrels or something???). Sadly this put my campaign on hold, and I'm holding my breath for a fix. Thank you for your time! (awesome mod btw, once this is over I intend to try out the new metals in a new campaign :))

TL;DR: When not playing with your modules that add advanced means of getting sulfur, make the base recipe for sulfur from petroleum available.

Edit: I've tried around a little, and upon deactivating bob's revamp I get the old recipe back (and oil refining returns to it's normal recipe without sulfur, which is fine). But I don't really know what else the revamp mod does; would it break something or make reaching things impossible without it? I'll hold off on continuing the campaign for now, I'm afraid turning the revamp off midway might cause problems. What exactly does it do anyway?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Sulphur issue (without bob's ores)

Post by bobingabout »

It does a few other small tweaks, but without the extra metals, you probably won't even notice revamp is gone, because the design is basically to integrate the additional materials into the base game a bit further than the mods do by default.

I'd have to look at the code of the mod to tell you all of what it does, but, yeah, just a few small recipe tweaks to use my materials.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Thank you Bob! I guess in that case I'll just risk it and continue the campaign from here on out without the revamp; it didn't crash the game instantly, so perhaps I'm just fine doing that after all! In case it does cause problems I'll get back to you, no need to look at it and list every little thing it does; I merely needed to know whether it would cause weird stuff to happen, which it probably won't :)

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Oh no, I went back to my campaign thinking all would be good, but there's a major problem. It seems that, since I already had researched sulfur processing before deactivating the revamp mod, it didn't unlock the sulfur crafting recipe for me. So now I get no sulfur from the refineries, and I have no recipe to make any :(

Is there a console command to reinsert the sulfur crafting, or to unresearch the Sulfur processing technology or something?

Edit: Okay found a solution. Had to reset both oil processing and sulfur processing, now all is normal again. Here's the command to whoever stumbles upon this thread in the future:

/c game.player.force.technologies["oil-processing"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["sulfur-processing"].researched = false

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, there might be a few issues when disabling mods where some recipes are either incorrect, or not unlocked.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

dodi1975
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dodi1975 »

Thanks!!! Run into the same problem. But with this post, I can play with the old sulfur reciepe. I don´t have to use the command. The old reciepe was there instad of the bob mods, after disable the revamp mod. Thanks

Return to “Bob's mods”