[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:Good day, Dear bobigabout I encountered a problem when i have dytech f-mod bobplates and bobores on factorio version 0.10
Generation map menu doesn't fit on my screen - resolution 13766 x 768 and i can't see button named generation

How to solve this problem without disabling any mod from my mod list?
All my mods are lastest version, but dytech downloaded from this branch of factorio forum by this link https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =43&t=4212
It's because, with the extra GUI elements added in 0.10.0 my ores mod adds enough to the menu to fill the screen, then DyTech adds even more, making it bigger than the screen.

I'll have to edit my resources to put them in groups instead of one option for each ore. The only problem with that is... what to group with what?

if you want to try and edit it yourself, you'll need to go to prototypes\entity and open an ore file, and edit the line

Code: Select all

control = "bauxite-ore"
under autoplace, this example from bauxite-ore.lua. Change it to something else like rutile-ore

control = "rutile-ore"
Bauxite will then be controlled by the Rutile options. you can then go ahead and remove the bauxite entry from prototypes\autoplace-controls.lua

{
    type = "autoplace-control",
    name = "bauxite-ore",
    richness = true,
    order = "b-f-b"
  },
This will remove the entry from the map menu, shrinking it slightly.
Do this a couple more times, and you'll be able to see the buttons again.

In the mean time, I'm doing small edits here and there to my ores and plates mods. I'm sure it will be a couple more days before I'm ready to post it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

No need to change anything, actually. In 0.10.1 (which comes out today), it will not be a problem anymore.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Great, I spent a good 15 mins going through and changing it today, now I get to change it back for 0.10.1 :P
Actually, I should still have the old version before I edited it on my other computer, I can just restore that.
I also have a Patreon.

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

That's what version management is all about, never toss away the old ones, just store them in an orderly fashion :-)

MrJonathanNZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrJonathanNZ »

Sorry for any ignorance but I've searched the thread and I'm stuck trying to find cassiterite.
Have dytech, f-mod, treefarm and bobs ore mods installed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Uploading V0.5.1.
Rensiur wrote:That's what version management is all about, never toss away the old ones, just store them in an orderly fashion :-)
I keep every released version, and a working copy. I do keep a backup of a previously working working copy, but over-write it after a few changes.
Anyway, 2 versions of V0.5.1 now, one with each ore listed seperately, and another with ores paired up to reduce GUI size.

MrJonathanNZ wrote:Sorry for any ignorance but I've searched the thread and I'm stuck trying to find cassiterite.
Have dytech, f-mod, treefarm and bobs ore mods installed.
Cassiterite is the name of a form of Tin Ore. F-Mod uses Cassiterite, where DyTech uses Tin ore.
bobingabout wrote: v0.4.2
* Added Exception if F-Mod is installed, but DyTech is not to make Tin Ore drop Cassiterite. (F-Mod's Tin Ore)
If DyTech is installed, F-Mod's use of Cassiterite to make Tin is modded out, forcing you to use DyTech's method, so there is no need for Cassiterite unless you are using F-Mod without DyTech.
I also have a Patreon.

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:No, the author is not updating or working on industrio any more.

I think someone should take over and continue work on it. I haven't tried the mod or know too much about it, but it seems a lot of people still use it and etc.
I'm still here...
I'm eventually going to work on this mod again, but I have so much things to do at the same time.

EDIT : And no, I won't let anyone take over. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

damn, I forgot to add a recipe for silicon wafers, you just reminded me.

Edit: ah, no, it is there, I just couldn't remember how I did it.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D it normal name in metals?
5.1merged
28.06-84.png
28.06-84.png (173.19 KiB) Viewed 7880 times
and question
not in mod dytech< other resourses generated? or do we wait until it is upgraded to the modular there another version?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

5.1merged was aimed for people using 0.10.0 where the large list would make the window too big.
if you're using 0.10.1 or 0.10.2 I recomend the not merged version 5.1.

some of the metals are under the same map generation menu option
Alloying metals is Tin and Zinc
Heavy metals is Tungsten and Lead(Galena)
Light metals is Aluminium(Bauxite) and Titanium(Rutile)
Precious metals is Silver and Gold.

I havn't looked at DyTech's modular mods yet, I have been tinkering with all my mods. I'll probably release an update for them all soon.
Last edited by bobingabout on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:5.1merged was aimed for people using 0.10.0 where the large list would make the window too big.
if you're using 0.10.1 or 0.10.2 I recomend the not merged version 5.1.

some of the metals are under the same map generation menu option
Alloying metals is Tin and Zinc
Heavy metals is Tungsten and Lead(Galena)
Light metals is Aluminium(Bauxite) and Titanium(Rutile)
Precious metals is Silver and Gold.

I havn't looked at DyTech's modular mods yet, I have been tinkering with all my mods. I'll probably release an update for them all soon.
good! bob chemicals i am use

and what caused you combined them? used to be the same in different ways ... it easier, now that enough space .. I think it would be easier to generate resources in different ways ..

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I had a look at DyTech's modular mods, Core and Metalurgy. All the Ores, Plates and Alloys use the same internal names, therefore my mods should still work with it.
The only issue is that with the new name of the mod, my mod might be loaded first, and therefore any overides might not be applied.

The only issue I can think of right now is that if you are also using F-Mod, because that is also a dependancy, the overide might make Tin drop Cassiterite (F-Mod's Tin).

This would need to be fixed in the next release.
Airat9000 wrote:and what caused you combined them? used to be the same in different ways ... it easier, now that enough space .. I think it would be easier to generate resources in different ways ..
Space in 0.10.0, that is all. Since the issue is fixed now, next version will not be merged.
Airat9000 wrote:bob chemicals i am use
Should work.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:I had a look at DyTech's modular mods, Core and Metalurgy. All the Ores, Plates and Alloys use the same internal names, therefore my mods should still work with it.
The only issue is that with the new name of the mod, my mod might be loaded first, and therefore any overides might not be applied.

The only issue I can think of right now is that if you are also using F-Mod, because that is also a dependancy, the overide might make Tin drop Cassiterite (F-Mod's Tin).

This would need to be fixed in the next release.
Airat9000 wrote:and what caused you combined them? used to be the same in different ways ... it easier, now that enough space .. I think it would be easier to generate resources in different ways ..
Space in 0.10.0, that is all. Since the issue is fixed now, next version will not be merged.
Airat9000 wrote:bob chemicals i am use
Should work.
excellent disconnect it would be great resources!
mod is very good, waiting for the next release ..
otherwise no complaints with hemicals works well ..good!

although it is possible to wait until the end to make Dyteh your mod that there were no errors.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Bob what's the difference between 5.1 and 5.1merged
work in chemical 2 version?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:Bob what's the difference between 5.1 and 5.1merged
work in chemical 2 version?
The difference is in the map generator options screen.
If you are using 0.10.0 use 0.5.1 merged.
if you are using 0.10.1 or 0.10.2 use 0.5.1.

Both work with Bob's Metals and Chemicals mod 0.5.2.
I also have a Patreon.

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by haunted_1 »

Since Galena is somehow gone in the new Dytech Mod 0.8, is it possible to add Nickel as an ore by itself? I really liked the oil-less acid production chain. Might be also a bug because instead of Galena, there is only Lead ore which only drops Lead ore of course. Seems weird to me.

TheWombatGuru
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheWombatGuru »

I hope the base game will also add some new ores, not all of these, but just a few

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

haunted_1 wrote:Since Galena is somehow gone in the new Dytech Mod 0.8, is it possible to add Nickel as an ore by itself? I really liked the oil-less acid production chain. Might be also a bug because instead of Galena, there is only Lead ore which only drops Lead ore of course. Seems weird to me.
If you have Lead ore instead of Galena, you're probably using an older version of my mod. It used to be Lead ore untill recently.

As for removing lead ore, I'd rather not, because I plan to add things to my own mod that uses lead.

One of the reasons why I renamed Lead ore to Galena and making it drop Nickel as well is because I didn't want to add a new ore type to the game, 7 new ores is more than enough, I've seen maps where the entire floor is coated in intermixed ores.

I've been considering doing the oposite, EG, with Silver and Gold, and combining them into a single ore. Although in the real world it is possible to find Silver ore and Gold ore seperately, most exist as a Silver Gold Alloy known as Electrum. DyTech making Electrum Alloy is actually the reverse of the real world process. Gold is also often found as a trace element in Galena, and other ores too.
I also have a Patreon.

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by haunted_1 »

bobingabout wrote:(...)
I'm using 0.5.1. merged Also it worked well for Dytech 0.7. Core but it seems to not work with 0.8. todays release.

Edit: Ok. DyTech Metallorgy messes Bob's Ore up. Some ores dont spawn if you use DyTech Metallory Module.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I've been through DyTech core v0.9, and I see no reason why it would break bob's ores.

if the problem is with metalurgy, then 0.5.2 when it is released should fix it anyway, because it loads after metalurgy. I'll have a look at metalurgy now.

edit: looking at DyTech Metalurgy 1.0.0, the reason why it breaks my ores mod is simple. It implements ores itself, you no longer need my ores mod with DyTech. However, there's a huge difference in richness base, you'll end up with very little of any ore compared to my mod.

0.5.2 will still overite DyTech's metalurgy ores anyway when I release it.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”