[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.2] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by irbork »

Nice tool works pretty well for me with Bobs Mods. At least as long as I remove SupremeWarfare mod from my mods directory when launching Foreman. Otherwise Bobs Plates and some other vital components for optimizations will not get loaded. I can only gues it may have something to do with small alien artefacts dropped by Bobs Mods and SupremeWarfare.

orka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bob's Ore Mod and the other mod.

Post by orka »

Hello bobingabout,
I can not download the mods always get the message: Bandwidth Limit Exceeded :(

sorry for the bad English I'm German is a translation

shandrolis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bob's Ore Mod and the other mod.

Post by shandrolis »

orka wrote:Hello bobingabout,
I can not download the mods always get the message: Bandwidth Limit Exceeded :(

sorry for the bad English I'm German is a translation
same problem here :c

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Please put in a little bit more effort, there's been several post about it, including https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 51&t=15147 a few posts down.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

orka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orka »

Boogieman14 wrote:Please put in a little bit more effort, there's been several post about it, including https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 51&t=15147 a few posts down.
sorry but I'm German and my English is not very good to browse forums

sorry for the bad English is a translation

Thanks anyway

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Resource spawner overhaul is compatible with your ores? Or only with dytech ores?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Apos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Apos »

aklesey1 wrote:Resource spawner overhaul is compatible with your ores? Or only with dytech ores?
It works very well with BoB's mod ores.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.3] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

Rolling mod update:

Should include most of the bug fixes you've all been waiting for!
Changes wrote: Electronics mod:
coloured wire overide: They now cost an insulated wire instead of copper wire and Electronic Circuits.
Added in basic electronic board overide for DyTech's Frame 1.
Removed carbon. Basic Electronics recipe will use carbon if found, or coal if it isn't. (Carbon too hard to craft without plates bug fix)
Changed technology "robotics" prerequisites from "advanced-electronics-2" to "advanced-electronics"
Adjusted times of Basic Circuit Board and Basic Electronic Board.

Ores mod:
Fixed NickelGivesCobalt check on the Galena check for no Nickel.

power:
Added vehicle impact sounds and pipe cover graphics

Enemies:
Fixed behemoth loot checks to not cause an error if small artifacts are turned off.
Behemoth means really really big. Made Behemoth biter/spitter size 2 (double that of big biter)
Increased new spawner health and adjusted resistances.

warfare:
Increased sniper turret range by 5

Modules:
Added a function to add items to module prodictivity limitations list.
Added a config option to turn productivity limitations on. (Warning: the game will delete any modules that do not match the limits)

plates:
Added "crafting-machine" catagory to all machines with "crafting" catagory in the updates phase, Since it is used for a few things.

logistics:
added "fast-replaceable-no-build-while-moving" to all pipe to ground varients
Unless you like it hardcore, I do not recomend you use the modules filter untill I go and add all the extra items to the other mods. The only items it allows so far are intermediates in the base game, and from it's own mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Zwobot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zwobot »

Nice update! I went ahead and dumped some code in the bobmodules data-final-fixes.lua that adds most intermediates automatically. In short anything not placeable and not an item (e.g. ammo, gun, etc..) and not armor equipment is marked as intermediate.

Use at your own risk. But what are a few level 8 modules between friends~ ;)

Code: Select all

local function make_set(t)
    local r={}
    for _,v in ipairs(t) do r[v]=true end
    return r
end
local _equipment_set = make_set{
    "battery-equipment","energy-shield-equipment",
    "generator-equipment","active-defense-equipment",
    "solar-panel-equipment","night-vision-equipment",
    "movement-bonus-equipment"
}

function auto_add_intermediates()

local function mangle_results(recipe)
        if recipe.results then
            return recipe.results
        end
        if recipe.result then
            for _,type_name in ipairs{"item","module","armor","tool","gun","ammo","mining-tool"} do
                if data.raw[type_name][recipe.result] then
                    return {{type=type_name, name=recipe.result}}
                end
            end
        end
        --print("HUH?",recipe.name)
        return {}
    end

for _, recipe in pairs(data.raw.recipe) do
        local results = mangle_results(recipe)
        local can_add = true
        for _,result in ipairs(results) do
            --print("R:",recipe.name, result.name)
            if result.type == "item" then
                local item = data.raw.item[result.name]
                can_add = can_add and not (item.place_result ~= nil)
                can_add = can_add and not (_equipment_set[item.type])
            elseif result.type ~= "fluid" then
                can_add = false
            end
        end
        if can_add then 
            add_productivity_limitation(recipe.name)
        end
        --if not can_add then print("not an intermediate:", recipe.name) end    
    end
end
auto_add_intermediates()

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

As to the galena poll: The galena ore is a tricky business. First, galena should be lead and silver, not lead and nickel, but since silver is a higher tier ore it needed to be decoupled from lead...
But since there are already too many types of ores on the ground I don't really like the idea of splitting lead and nickel into two fields either. The other alternative is to make galena an actual ore, with three processing recipes (one that gets you just lead, one that gets you the powdered lead for sulfur dioxide, and a high tier one that gets you silver (and lead?). But that seems like alot of work for not alot of benefit. Although if that route is taken then I'd like to see nickel merged into iron ore as well, in the same way that cobalt comes from copper. To be honest, what I'd really like to see is for factorio to move to partial or fully underground ores, so that the surface isn't so cluttered.

So I guess that means my vote is to leave it as is.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Apos wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Resource spawner overhaul is compatible with your ores? Or only with dytech ores?
In the description of the mod says that it has a dependency from dytech-core and dytech-macnines mod

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:
Apos wrote:
In the description of the mod says that it has a dependency from dytech-core and dytech-macnines mod
Don't worry about that - it's only for interface based detection.
RSO detects both DyTech and Bob's mods ores and generates them properly. Or tries to (rng nastiness is not a feature but happens in reality).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

orzelek wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Apos wrote:
RSO detects both DyTech and Bob's mods ores and generates them properly. Or tries to (rng nastiness is not a feature but happens in reality).
Okey and how to use RSO - it's not changing map generation interface

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Apos wrote:
Okey and how to use RSO - it's not changing map generation interface
Adding it is enough. It can't change map gen interface since thats not possible - it uses settings from there tho.
You can confirm that it works by looking at ore nodes - they will have rso name in yellow text in description.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Removed carbon. Basic Electronics recipe will use carbon if found, or coal if it isn't. (Carbon too hard to craft without plates bug fix)
Carbon is still alive in bob electronics mod 0.12.3 - is it normal?
In which cases, the carbon will be out?

NorNogaAdmin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NorNogaAdmin »

aklesey1 wrote:
Carbon is still alive in bob electronics mod 0.12.3 - is it normal?
In which cases, the carbon will be out?
If MIC is installed, carbon is still a valid resource, so it is still used. If your using electronics without MIC, it turns to coal
00110001 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

NorNogaAdmin wrote: If MIC is installed, carbon is still a valid resource, so it is still used. If your using electronics without MIC, it turns to coal
MCI: Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates.

But he's right. if carbon exists(Because you have MCI installed) it is used, if it doesn't exists, it uses coal instead. it is no longer ADDED by Electronics mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Daenor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daenor »

Timeslice wrote:As to the galena poll: The galena ore is a tricky business. First, galena should be lead and silver, not lead and nickel, but since silver is a higher tier ore it needed to be decoupled from lead...
But since there are already too many types of ores on the ground I don't really like the idea of splitting lead and nickel into two fields either. The other alternative is to make galena an actual ore, with three processing recipes (one that gets you just lead, one that gets you the powdered lead for sulfur dioxide, and a high tier one that gets you silver (and lead?). But that seems like alot of work for not alot of benefit. Although if that route is taken then I'd like to see nickel merged into iron ore as well, in the same way that cobalt comes from copper. To be honest, what I'd really like to see is for factorio to move to partial or fully underground ores, so that the surface isn't so cluttered.

So I guess that means my vote is to leave it as is.
i like this!!

using galena ore with 2 different processing systems to make lead and silver respectively. And maybe swap silver ore for nickel ore :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I think the reason I have Nickel and Lead drop from the same ore is that Galena is PbS, and Nickel ore is NiS... Dropping from the same ore is acceptable.

Having an advanced lead processing that gives silver is something that is viable, I would have to look into the chemistry and see if it's something I would want to add.

EDIT:
Okay, I looked into the process. To seperate Lead from Silver, you add Zinc to liquid lead to get pure Lead and Silver-Zinc alloy. The silver-zinc alloy is then "Roasted" aka smelted normally within the realm of factorio, where the Zinc is evaporated, leaving you with pure Silver.

How I could handle this in game:
I currently have a recipe where you have 2 lead oxide and 1 carbon to give 2 lead plates.
I could add a recipe Similar to the advanced copper processing recipe... 7 Lead ore, 3 Carbon, and 1 Zinc plate would then result in 6 to 10 (can tune to be specific, or could be a random result) Lead plates, and 1 to 3 units of Silver-zinc Alloy (Again, could be tuned to always be 1, 2 or 3, or be a random result).
I would also then add a simple smelting recipe where smelting a unit of Silver-Zinc will result in a Silver plate.

What do you think?
I also have a Patreon.

ycen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ycen »

bobingabout wrote:
How I could handle this in game:
I currently have a recipe where you have 2 lead oxide and 1 carbon to give 2 lead plates.
I could add a recipe Similar to the advanced copper processing recipe... 7 Lead ore, 3 Carbon, and 1 Zinc plate would then result in 6 to 10 (can tune to be specific, or could be a random result) Lead plates, and 1 to 3 units of Silver-zinc Alloy (Again, could be tuned to always be 1, 2 or 3, or be a random result).
I would also then add a simple smelting recipe where smelting a unit of Silver-Zinc will result in a Silver plate.

What do you think?
That is asome! More complex (advanced) processing wil make it better. I also like the idea of random results.
And is there a possibility to remove Gems? What i mean remove them as a mineable ore. And add them in stone ore. As side product, Only mineable with advance miner (mk2 or better maybe).

Return to “Bob's mods”