[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

three
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by three »

So I tried generating cobalt in my world using the command and got this error. any help?
Attachments
20161221211218_1.jpg
20161221211218_1.jpg (92.94 KiB) Viewed 7205 times

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Have you enabled Cobalt ore in the config file?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

This specific error is stating that regenerateentity doesn't exist. That's because the command is regenerate_entity. the variant without the underscore is from older versions of this game. I'm fairly sure the first page of this topic details when it was replaced.

Anyway... even if you used the correct command, you would likely be met with a different error, stating that cobalt-ore has no autoplace data. To solve this issue, you would need to change a setting in config mod to turn on cobalt ore.

Turning it on in config mod will enable autoplace data, as well as adding a noise layer, and adding it to the map generation screen.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Having trouble finding silver.

In a different world, I got real lucky (apparently) and found a super small but highly rich silver patch not terribly far from my base. But in the big multiplayer world, we've covered a whole lot of area with radars and there doesn't seem to be silver anywhere. Problem is that these colors are too similar. Silver looks medium grey on the map on the other world. But that's not very distinct. Is there anything that can make the search for the missing silver a bit easier? How do I know if it even generated?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

get the map label mod. that helps a lot.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

that's one of the common complaints... people not being able to determine which ore is which on the map.

my counter point is... you try coming up with a dozen unique ore colours. Especially considering there's certain colours you can't use, like red or blue, and others that arn't a great idea, because they blend into the background.

I basically just used a colour based on the colour of the ore I was using. And green for gems, because, like, they were red green and blue, and I couldn't use red or blue, which left green.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

I can understand the difficulty in picking unique colors. But some of them are extremely close. Like bauxite and silver especially being extremely rare ores ought to stand out more than others. Telling the difference between zinc and nickel ultimately isn't a huge deal because both are fairly common. You did well with gems making them stand out, but honestly I am surprised that you probably only need one gem patch ever since you get way, WAY more out of them than the numbers say.

Another clue about ore type is the size of the patch. If it's huge, it's probably iron or copper. Silver ought to be something brightly visible and then identifiable by its extremely small physical size. Even though silver and tin look almost identical in color, their size difference should give a clue. Bauxite shouldn't look so much like gold that you can barely tell them apart. And another surprising one is one I recently discovered which is lithia water, which is so close to regular water that at first I thought they were identical.

Something else weird... I noticed that in the zip file, the silver ore config is set to enable =FALSE?
So... if that's true, I wonder why my other map has a little silver patch. Is it supposed to be disabled by default?

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Recon -

You can create silver by using an alternate lead processing chain. Lead ore to Lead Oxide I believe. You can actually work without finding any silver ore at all (though I know I like having enough silver to use it in solder myself, but hey, sometimes you just have to make due).

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Yes thankfully, that's an option. It's just really weird that in my personal world, I found a rather dense (and tiny) silver patch. But in our shared world, we've scanned a pretty large area with several radars and I've yet to notice any silver. Looking at the configuration settings in the zip, silver is disabled. Not sure why it showed up in my personal world.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

They're all set to false. they're turned on in bobplates aka Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Psychokiller1888
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Psychokiller1888 »

I did some FR translation of your awesome mods in version 0.14, interested to include them?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Psychokiller1888 wrote:I did some FR translation of your awesome mods in version 0.14, interested to include them?
The translations are handled by a separate mod viewtopic.php?t=17367&p=116631

You can post your translations there. Since there looks to be an FR translation already you may want to check it out and add anything missing to that file.

Psychokiller1888
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Psychokiller1888 »

Great, thanks!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, Translations are separate to the mod for a good reason.

Firstly, every time someone gave me a new translation, or an update for one it required me re-releasing my mod, where nothing else changed.
As a result, I was reluctant to do so, and ended up just releasing translation updates next update, so where a mod didn't need any other updates, translations lagged behind.
As a result of the delay, the community decided it might be best to maintain a translation addon. At first existing translations were kept in my mod, and the new mod being an update... except the game preferred translations from my own mod, meaning they were often overriding newer translation.
To fix this, translations were removed from my mod, and kept entirely in the locale mod.

It is a 3rd party mod maintained by Karosieben.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

I found silver.

Now this is the 2nd map I've found silver on, where our multiplayer map it is nowhere to be found. But I'm really surprised now because I thought silver was turned off by default and you had to get it via advanced lead processing. Why would silver show up on my map if the configuration sets it to false? Not that I'm complaining. Hell, 400,000 silver can be mighty useful.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

No, Silver is turned on by default. it's just a rare ore that appears outside of the starting area.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Weird. So in silver-ore.lua I find this line:
enabled = false,

Is that not what it looks like?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Recon777 wrote:Weird. So in silver-ore.lua I find this line:
enabled = false,

Is that not what it looks like?
If you have bobconfig then it will override that one. And by default it has true for silver.
Other parts like bobplates also enable silver even without config present.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

in the ores mod, all ores are disabled by default. the ores mod by itself will do nothing.

Other mods like 5dim can turn on ores as they need them.

Metals, chemicals and intermediates turns most of them on, as does the config mod by default.

The only ores not turned on by default are Cobalt and Sulfur.
I also have a Patreon.

Metamorpher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metamorpher »

Hi there. Any chance to get the ores on my standard map I played on vanila client? I used /c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate") but nothing happend.
<[Immortality is a Form of Live over Death]>

Return to “Bob's mods”