[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

This mod adds new ore fields for the following new ore types: Tin, Silver, Gold, Galena (Lead), Tungsten, Bauxite (Aluminium), Zinc, Rutile (Titanium ore), and Quartz. It also adds the optional ores Nickel, Cobalt and Sulfur configurable in config.lua.

Since Nickel ore is a requirement for Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod, the config option "GalenaGivesNickel" is enabled by default.

You might be thinking some of these ores sound familier, well, you'd be right, these are the ores of DyTech, and F-Mod, that you'd normally have to mine asteroids, or underground drilling to get. The original purpose of the mod is was to make these ores easier to get, but then was expanded as a base for my own mods.

now also available: Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod. Use it to create metal plates from these ores!
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 733#p30733

Download Links:
v0.12.x
Latest: V0.12.8 - 26th June 2016
Dropbox Latest
Archive

As of 0.12.6, the Library Mod is required.

My new ores will spawn automatically on old maps, if you do not want this to happen you should delete the migration folder, and instead use the following command to add them manually.
remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")
This was removed in the 0.12.x version. It has been re-added in 0.12.5

Neither the migration folder, nor the previously listed command will add Nickel, Cobalt or Sulfur, if you want to add those you should use the following commands. They will only work if the desired ore is enabled in the config file.
game.regenerateentity("nickel-ore")
game.regenerateentity("cobalt-ore")
game.regenerateentity("sulfur")

Late 0.11.x requires a /c in front.

These have been changed in 0.12.x, example as follows
/c game.regenerate_entity("nickel-ore")

This command will also work for the other ores, if you replace the ore in quotes with the desired ore.
full list of ores: bauxite-ore cobalt-ore gem-ore gold-ore lead-ore nickel-ore quartz rutile-ore silver-ore sulfur tin-ore tungsten-ore zinc-ore

change log

Screenshots:
This shows what the 12 ores look like in game.

This one shows what the map generation options screen looks like with this mod.

Here are the mined ores in my inventory
Last edited by bobingabout on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by Airat9000 »

screen please :) and question - f-mod and dytech work?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'll get screenshots later then, yeah.

F-Mod and DyTech apear to work, yes, but i've not tried them properly yet, so I can't say for sure.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Added some screenshots to the first post, and to here. filenames are descriptive.

I took some shots of just the ores, and with DyTech installed too, as you can see by the DyTech Inventory picture, the ore mined from my ore fields is linked with DyTech ores, and can be used as if they were the same. DyTech is loaded after though so the DyTech icon graphics replace my own.

EDIT: Attachments removed to move everything to the first post.
Last edited by bobingabout on Fri May 23, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I also have a Patreon.

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

Just add a dummy dependency to ensure you're applied after.

"dependencies": ["base", "? DyTech >= 1.0.0"]

Or whichever.
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

Saktoth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Saktoth »

Wow, I made pretty-much exactly this mod a few days ago! Great minds think alike. Did you include ore regeneration for maps that were already generated without the mod? I'll give this one a shot to see if you did anything differently.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Schmendrick wrote:Just add a dummy dependency to ensure you're applied after.

Or whichever.
The only problem with doing that is then this mod can only be used if DyTech is installed. I want to expand this as a dependancy for more mods I write in the future that will use the same ores, and possibly more.
Saktoth wrote:Wow, I made pretty-much exactly this mod a few days ago! Great minds think alike. Did you include ore regeneration for maps that were already generated without the mod? I'll give this one a shot to see if you did anything differently.
I had a quick look at yours last night. (Very quick) I added full recoloured partacle effects that you didn't. Also, Lead in mine is blue to match DyTech's icon and plate, your ore was black. I wanted to avoid black myself because we already have coal, and tungsten is pretty dark.

As for generation on an existing map... I didn't add anything, no, but if you use an infinite map, exploring will generate the ores in the new tiles. Adding a script to do this shouldn't be too difficult(fairly sure you can also add a script in the migration folder to do it automatically too)
Last edited by bobingabout on Fri May 23, 2014 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I want to say good job well done, well done. Good to have additional ore bauxite and other types do. and be cool. and the main thing that worked with mods can throw off the list.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

bobingabout wrote:The only problem with doing that is then this mod can only be used if DyTech is installed. I want to expand this as a dependancy for more mods I write in the future that will use the same ores, and possibly more.
That is not correct. Lets have a look at the given example:

Code: Select all

"base" means that the base mod HAVE TO be present ("hard" dependency). So your mod will not be loaded either if the base mod is not present. The question mark in front of a mods name adds a "light" dependency that means your mod will be used in any case, but if Dytech (here version 1.0.0 and above) is present it makes sure that dytech is loaded before your mod.

Hope that helps

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:Good to have additional ore bauxite and other types
Bauxite was on my mind, but I thought I'd start with the 6 main DyTech ores.

drs9999 wrote:

Code: Select all

"base" means that the base mod HAVE TO be present ("hard" dependency). So your mod will not be loaded either if the base mod is not present. The question mark in front of a mods name adds a "light" dependency that means your mod will be used in any case, but if Dytech (here version 1.0.0 and above) is present it makes sure that dytech is loaded before your mod.

Hope that helps
it does help, i'll look into it for the next release. (Hopefully working on the mod a bit today.)
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D good job! mod excellent!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Update posted, including Regenerated ores on old maps, tweaked spawn ratios, and now includes Bauxite!
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug!
in the generation of resources on the new map, if we assume a lot of tin Ore, Zinc Ore, Tungsten Ore, nowhere find gold, or 2 other resources .. is this normal?
admissible if there is a resource in 3 large quantities otsalnye type 3 that I listed, I can not find ..
then there are many 3 some resources, but others do not, and vice versa
Attachments
24.05-5.jpg
24.05-5.jpg (508.15 KiB) Viewed 58088 times
24.05-7.jpg
24.05-7.jpg (161.72 KiB) Viewed 58088 times
24.05-934.jpg
24.05-934.jpg (372.61 KiB) Viewed 58088 times
Last edited by Airat9000 on Sat May 24, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mavzor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mavzor »

Excellent Excellent Excellent.
Thanks!
That's all :)

Kitefr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kitefr »

Nice !

I will test it.

Can i make your mod as a dependencies of mine when i'll make it ?
I'm currently doing the pre-prod !

Taking note to know what i will need ^^

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Bauxite its just bauxite, not ore. Like as cassiterite, cinnabar, etc. Edit this "bauxite ore" in locale, please

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:bug!
in the generation of resources on the new map, if we assume a lot of tin Ore, Zinc Ore, Tungsten Ore, nowhere find gold, or 2 other resources .. is this normal?
admissible if there is a resource in 3 large quantities otsalnye type 3 that I listed, I can not find ..
then there are many 3 some resources, but others do not, and vice versa
I followed the example of the way the base game generates Iron, Copper, Coal and Stone. They all have a negative effect on each other.

Since the "Rarer" ores in my mod have a relatively low "Peak" value, it means the noise layer has to be very strong so that it can show through the other noise layers having a negative effect on it.

In conclusion, this basically means that setting everything to very high chance will likely cause them all to react with each other, and cause the rarer ores to be even rarer than usual.

Try setting Gold, Silver and Tungsten to very high Frequency, but the others to only high Frequency.

I did try to reduce the negative effects of the others on my new ores a little, but perhaps I should reduce them even further, or even remove some of the negative effects.
Kitefr wrote:Can i make your mod as a dependencies of mine when i'll make it ?
I'm currently doing the pre-prod !

Taking note to know what i will need ^^
Sure, keep in mind it isn't finished though, I think I'm going to add Titanium (As strong as steel, but as light as aluminium), and maybe Platinum too (Commonly used in Exhaust filters to reduce polution, so could possibly have a similar polution lowering effect).
Vitduo wrote:Bauxite its just bauxite, not ore. Like as cassiterite, cinnabar, etc. Edit this "bauxite ore" in locale, please
That makes sense. I named it Bauxite Ore, because I was following the example of F-Mod, where they name it Bauxite ore.
I also have a Patreon.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

bobingabout wrote: That makes sense. I named it Bauxite Ore, because I was following the example of F-Mod, where they name it Bauxite ore.
Thank you! Hmmm... How could I have overlooked?..

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

and I realized, then it generates a lot of 3 types of metal, while others in the rare case, and it's different? I understood correctly?

you can at least all kinds but not so much vice versa :) many computer will not burn the same kind ..

and idea
Technology open

Gold technology - gives the right to extract gold, and production ..

entitles the gold mining and production and market .. it would be necessary to do that would be sent to earth

update bug

i understood in who in not generated 3 resourses not comfartible in mod
Reygan's Assembly Mod v1.0
please fix and verify
not genarated in quartz

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Hey,

Just stoping by to say, this is a great mod. It worked verywell with my existing game.

Thanks

Return to “Bob's mods”