[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.6.5] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:Well maybe if they start with 90 and can dock with 90+ it would solve problem.
not something I have the power to change, and probably wouldn't solve the mentioned issue anyway, since the drone would still try to charge at the chest before docking if it were below 90%.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

It needs to be changed in game itself. So we can only hope.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

New mining drills is nice bob :) thanksto you. will you add new smelting furnances in future for copper iron and another ores?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Furnaces is where Ore ends and Metals begins.
So, better furnaces already exist in the Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates (MCI) mod.
Though, they're not pure furnaces, because unlike base game furnaces, you have to set a recipe before they'll make anything. This was done so I could have furnaces to smelt multiple items together, such as Copper and Tin to make Brass.

And before you ask, MCI used to be just "Metals and Chemicals", because these chemicals were required to make the metal making chains more realistic. Intermediates was a seperate mod, however, there was the difficulty that I couldn't then use Intermediates from the Intermediates mod in recipes in the Metals and Chemicals mod. This behaviour was changed in V0.11 to include the data-updates.lua and data-final-fixes.lua to be able to change things and finish recipes after other mods have loaded, so it is entirely possible now that I can split Intermediates from Metals and Chemicals, and still use items from Intermediates in Metals and Chemicals mod.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Furnaces is where Ore ends and Metals begins.
So, better furnaces already exist in the Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates (MCI) mod.
Though, they're not pure furnaces, because unlike base game furnaces, you have to set a recipe before they'll make anything. This was done so I could have furnaces to smelt multiple items together, such as Copper and Tin to make Brass.

And before you ask, MCI used to be just "Metals and Chemicals", because these chemicals were required to make the metal making chains more realistic. Intermediates was a seperate mod, however, there was the difficulty that I couldn't then use Intermediates from the Intermediates mod in recipes in the Metals and Chemicals mod. This behaviour was changed in V0.11 to include the data-updates.lua and data-final-fixes.lua to be able to change things and finish recipes after other mods have loaded, so it is entirely possible now that I can split Intermediates from Metals and Chemicals, and still use items from Intermediates in Metals and Chemicals mod.
in general, I understand the above, but i mean "low-level" furnances as in dytech with high speed, because we have faster pump jacks, faster drills, faster chemical plants, faster pumps, faster electrolyzers in your mods, and all of them works without using speed modules, why not to make analog for furnances

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

so, you want better 2x2 coal burning furnaces? upgrade from steel?
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I understand that you have your vision of mod ideas, may be you can do some analogs of electric furnances like in dytech but with usage of your own mod, so that it fit into the concept, because it really looks cool - your mod system
Banal reason I'm asking you for upgrading furnances its increasing smelthing productivity without using speed molues :D
bobingabout wrote:so, you want better 2x2 coal burning furnaces? upgrade from steel?
Something like this

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.6.6] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

v0.6.6
* Added Brass, Titanium and Tungsten mining axes. They only apear if something you can use to build them is available.
* Turned on Gems by default, they will be of use in MCI v0.7.9.

Recipes for the mining drills havn't been updated yet, this will probably be in 0.6.7 after MCI 0.7.9 is released that will add more materials needed to make them.
I also have a Patreon.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

You forgot to disable brass axes by default in the recipe.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You're right, I did, that will be fixed in the next version.

Hopefully with a few other things added in too.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Just a little notice here, V0.11.21 of Factorio changes the way mining drills work with resources that drop multiple items. By default, they don't.

So anyone using GalenaGivesNickelOre, which is turned on by default, will only get Lead from Galena when using a mining drill.

There is a fix for this, it will be in v0.6.7 of the my ores mod. I just wanted to finish a couple of other things before I released it.
I also have a Patreon.

splooby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by splooby »

What's the recommended workaround for nickel? I have a minor supply crisis...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I could post you fixed drills.lua and areadrills.lua - not sure if they will activate properly in already started game tho.

I updated them with storage slot counts so that bob's mod drills work properly in new game. Also made the best ones capable of mining gems correctly in DyTech (which means 10 storage slots on those - others got 2).
I guess bobbingabout will make an official fix soon.

splooby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by splooby »

I'll take the modified versions, or just explain the fix if it's simple. It's not a big deal if I have to replace my existing galena drills to take the update.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Fix is quite simple - all drills need to have storage_slots defined - at least equal to 2 for dual ore drilling to work correctly.

I attached the drill prototypes with changes done - you'll need to put them in the mod zip file in prototypes directory replacing existing ones.
Attachments
Drills.zip
(2.98 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.6.7] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to (new recipes for mining drills *caugh*) but I did get a fair bit done, like the drill fix.

v0.6.7
* Added Cobalt steel mining axe
* Added Diamond mining axe
* Added optional gem ore drops from Coal, Bauxite and Quartz.
* Added multi-ore fix for mining drills
I also have a Patreon.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

Thanks for the good work. I have a question about RSO mod. Do the gems need a extra line in the rso config file, or is it just a extra drop? So we have to set up a sorter system to make sure the gems don't clutter the main lines?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There is a bit of confusion with RSO mod atm - take a look at it's thread.

I think it needs a lot of maintenance if it's to work with all the nice mods around here :|

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm not certain about the operation of RSO, because I don't use it myself, and someone else wrote the Bob's mods RSO patch.

But, I'm fairly sure that if you use the Gems Ore field method, which is the default, you will need a new line. If you use the Gems from other ores option, you won't. If you like you can use both, in this case, you'll need it for the new gems ore field.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I found small gotcha with storage slots for drills - basic one has only 1. So using basic mining drill on galena fails.
Not sure if you fixed that one also or limited updates only to new drills.

Return to “Bob's mods”