[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by Ratzap »

Maja153 wrote:How do i pump out the ground water and Lithia water?
Right next to the oil pumpjacks are blue pumpjacks that do water. Use that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

EmperorZelos wrote:Is there a way to make it compatible with 5dims mods? I have both and I get 2 versions of tin and so on.
Blame 5dim for that, my mods came first, and he had access to them while writing his own, and chose to make them 2 seperate items. I think he even uses my ores mod as a method to get the ores for his factories.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maja153 »

What do they look like on the map? I am having a hard time with lead because of this...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Maja153 wrote:What do they look like on the map? I am having a hard time with lead because of this...
Lead comes from ore named galena - it's almost black I think. Haven't played with base ores from some time :)

Athmagor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Athmagor »

orzelek wrote:
Maja153 wrote:What do they look like on the map? I am having a hard time with lead because of this...
Lead comes from ore named galena - it's almost black I think. Haven't played with base ores from some time :)
Try using Map Labels mod (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22380). It works wonders. Before, I had to go on scouting missions to find out what a particular patch is of.

greenglaz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by greenglaz »

So Galena does not give Nickel ore by default anymore? Cannot find a single bit of Nickel anywhere on the map.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

I could be wrong, but I thought that Nickel spawned at start by default now.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nickel does spawn as it's own ore by default now, but not in the starting area.
I also have a Patreon.

dillon2456
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dillon2456 »

Hi, I just started using Bobs mods and having some problems getting a good map. If I use RSO, it seems that the additional resources created by bob's ore mod are so rare that it would be impossible to find beyond the starting area. If I do not, there are so many ores everywhere, there is no room for a factory. I have tried different frequencies, richness, etc... but to no avail. Does RSO still function as it should with the experimental mode? Or is that my problem to begin with? I really want to try out Bob's mods as I have played the vanilla part of the game a few times and want something new, and I want a large train system but it seems that something is not working correctly. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

dillon2456 wrote:Hi, I just started using Bobs mods and having some problems getting a good map. If I use RSO, it seems that the additional resources created by bob's ore mod are so rare that it would be impossible to find beyond the starting area. If I do not, there are so many ores everywhere, there is no room for a factory. I have tried different frequencies, richness, etc... but to no avail. Does RSO still function as it should with the experimental mode? Or is that my problem to begin with? I really want to try out Bob's mods as I have played the vanilla part of the game a few times and want something new, and I want a large train system but it seems that something is not working correctly. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
I use nothing but RSO on Bob's. I turn up aluminum to high frequency, but leave the rest normally most of the time and that is generally sufficient.

Keep in mind that Bob's will only spawn a small subset of the ores in the starting area (the game only lets you spawn so many so he put in the ones you're likely to need out of the gate). Everything else is gonna spawn outside the starting area.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I will admit that starting a map with everything you need is a bit on the difficult side, my last attempt took about 30 map gens before I found something I was happy with.

Spawn rates without RSO were tweaked by me to the best I could to allow for what you need, RSO is beyond my control.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Technically you could have all the ores in starting area. That would remove the need for travel for most of things - most likely you would need to grab additional iron/copper/lead and maybe tin later on.
Some ores are now configured as quite rare in RSO - it would be good to know if thats what causing the problem to tweak them a bit.
Due to amount of different resources you will always need certain area for all of them to appear since there is a limited amount of ores allowed per region (224x224 tiles by default).

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

orzelek wrote:Technically you could have all the ores in starting area. That would remove the need for travel for most of things - most likely you would need to grab additional iron/copper/lead and maybe tin later on.
Some ores are now configured as quite rare in RSO - it would be good to know if thats what causing the problem to tweak them a bit.
Due to amount of different resources you will always need certain area for all of them to appear since there is a limited amount of ores allowed per region (224x224 tiles by default).
Still not sure you'd really want this though. The ores in the starting area will get you all the way up to blue science no problem. By that time you should be able to do trains and move outside your starting area with relative ease. Putting every single ore in the starting area just doesn't seem as fun and would feel crowded. Though perhaps it's because I like having train stations to bring in ore :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Try Angel's refining you basically have all resources in the staring area, but you have to actually work to refine them. :D

Alaxandir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alaxandir »

Quartz is exceedingly rare with RSO. I have explored this area and not found a single patch. I checked RSO config to make sure it was enabled and it was.
http://prntscr.com/c9fdd0

That TINY little patch of grey in the center is my base.

Is it supposed to be this hard to find? I just need a few so i can make a greenhouse. :(

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Quartz should be in your starting area if you use RSO. Did you change some settings?

Alaxandir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alaxandir »

No, not intially, didn't have quartz in the starting area. :(

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Since it's working for everyone else, there must be something that has changed with your setup. Could you post a list of your mods?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Alaxandir wrote:Quartz is exceedingly rare with RSO. I have explored this area and not found a single patch. I checked RSO config to make sure it was enabled and it was.
http://prntscr.com/c9fdd0

That TINY little patch of grey in the center is my base.

Is it supposed to be this hard to find? I just need a few so i can make a greenhouse. :(
This screenshot looks puzzling.
It seems that only oil and water is generated no other resources are present.

Just did a quick test and it seems to work for me with whole set of bob's mods. Quartz, tin and galena should be in starting area.
We can move this discussion to RSO thread on the forum:
viewforum.php?f=79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The map is zoomed too far out to display any ore type resources, somehow being displayed as a grid on the map lets them disappear.

Return to “Bob's mods”