No new ores

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Cicero101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No new ores

Post by Cicero101 »

Very simple problem. When in the start menu I can edit all the ores but once the game itself started I only have the basic ores. Can't play like that.
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (519.46 KiB) Viewed 5431 times

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: No new ores

Post by solntcev »

If you add RSO, it will guarantee that all starting ores will be available in starting zone.
rare ores: gold, gems, tungstren will be outside.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I see all of the starting ores (including bobs) on your map. All of the rest will require a little bit of exploring.

.13 changed resource gen somewhat. If your not happy with the results using RSO mod might help.
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (148.67 KiB) Viewed 5427 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I was thinking "That's not lead, it's coal... oh wait, that small batch to the left of the coal is lead."

Yes, only some of my ores (Waters, lead, quartz, tin) appear in the starting area. Others such as Silver, Gold, Rutile(Titanium), Bauxite(Aluminium), Tungsten etc do not appear in the starting area, so you have to explore to find them. However, if you secure the 6 base game resources (Iron, Copper, Coal, Stone, Oil and Wood) along with Lead, Quartz and Tin, you should be able to get deep into the science pack 3 stuff before getting stumped.

If everything can appear in the starting area, along with the fact that you can't place one ore on top of another, then you'll get issues where there are so many ores that not everything has room to spawn. So only the ores that you need to get started will be available.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Cicero101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cicero101 »

Now that explains it. I used a "very large" starting area because Bo'bs mod make the production chains gigantic and thus the area I have to cover with machines and belts.
Didn't know that this would lead to the ores not being available at first. Thanks for the input.

I'll try with RSO and regular starting area.

So I kinda fixed it by running around a LOT (like 3 minutes into one direction) to find new ores.
But when I tried RSO it fucked the game up pretty much, meaning: All starting ores are one big blob in the middle and then having no resources at all for a long time.

Oh, and I just want to share with you guys that awesome start:
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (4.08 MiB) Viewed 5393 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You do have a very nice set of starting resources there... a shame you're stuck on a tiny island.

That is quite the old base game bug that they've supposed to have fixed, like, 10 times over now. :roll:
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

In the mean time you could use a bug to get off the island. (this might only be .14 bug not sure)

Zoom all the way in on your char shift-space to pause the game, zoom-out then shift-space to unpause and you are teleported.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

bobingabout wrote:You do have a very nice set of starting resources there... a shame you're stuck on a tiny island.

That is quite the old base game bug that they've supposed to have fixed, like, 10 times over now. :roll:
Last time I looked they moved it to the 'not a bug, not going to fix' area.

gdxysghysrdefght
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gdxysghysrdefght »

Looks a bit like the problem i am having, except... you didnt run into it yet, so let me warn you...

THE MOD MAKER DISABLED COBALT ORE, EVEN THOUGH YOU NEED IT TO CRAFT ESSENTIAL ITEMS!
ENABLE ALL ORES IN THE CONFIG BEFORE YOU START AND MAKE SURE THEY ACTUALLY SPAWN!

I pretty much lost hundreds of hours of work, since my game just ends here. Can't go anywhere, so i can't generate new terrains, so... no cobalt for me...

Also check if ALL the researches are there. If you want anything specific in your game, make sure it's in YOUR GAME, not just IN THE MOD... like God Modules...

For some reason the mod maker doesn't want people to have fun. Don't know what's up with that, but i guess he has to disable a lot of things, or else the fun police comes busting his door in...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Dude, calm down... you don't need cobalt ORE, you need cobalt oxide, which comes from 2 places... Cobalt ore, or "Cobalt oxide from Copper", which is unlocked by the cobalt processing research. I don't leave dead ends. And since the cobalt option has been like this since 0.10, if it truely were a hole, don't you think I would have patched it by now?
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

gdxysghysrdefght wrote:Looks a bit like the problem i am having, except... you didnt run into it yet, so let me warn you...

THE MOD MAKER DISABLED COBALT ORE, EVEN THOUGH YOU NEED IT TO CRAFT ESSENTIAL ITEMS!
ENABLE ALL ORES IN THE CONFIG BEFORE YOU START AND MAKE SURE THEY ACTUALLY SPAWN!
cobalt oxide is acquired from copper using the advanced copper processing recipe.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

gdxysghysrdefght wrote:
He's already answered you in the other thread you were raging on that it's a simple recipe from copper to get cobalt oxide. Bob does a fantastic job with his mods and your rage is akin to a 12 yr old temper tantrum because he didn't get his way. Stop yelling and start being respectful. He's more than earned it.

Cicero101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cicero101 »

Hey bob, I got a similar issues as I had before, maybe it's a problem with the version 14.16 but ....
My zinc is gone :D
asd.png
asd.png (393.67 KiB) Viewed 5193 times

Okay, I found the "error"

Apparently the CMH Mod - Rebalancing Bob's mods doesn't like Bob's mods

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Cicero101 wrote:Hey bob, I got a similar issues as I had before, maybe it's a problem with the version 14.16 but ....
My zinc is gone :D
asd.png

Okay, I found the "error"

Apparently the CMH Mod - Rebalancing Bob's mods doesn't like Bob's mods
CMH changes the way you get ores, some of them will be byproducts like cobalt is in the regular bobs. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, if you have anything that says it changes my mods (Like CMH, or Angels mods) then... well, they've changed my mods, I don't know what they've changed (Well, I could go out of my way to learn what they've changed, but I'm confused enough as it is trying to figure out how my own mods work) so, if you use mods that change my things, ask them what they did, and if it's normal :P
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”