[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by ukezi »

you could use the gold packs for the later tech labs. and maybe also use t5 electro to make them.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:I'm not sure what to do about the T5 electronics (your lv4 in your chart) if there was a science pack 5, it would use them, so depending how the base game uses high tech science packs, it might be a component in that, or a High Tech 2.

As for the multiple labs, not only is it a logistical nightmare trying to wire up 8 bottles to a single lab, but it also messes up the GUI. My Alien lab already has 8 science packs in there, all 7 alien artefact types, plus "Gold science pack", which is 1+2+3, which exists purely so you don't need all 3 types in the lab.

So, I wouldn't want more than 8 types on the lab. Science pack 1 to 4, Military 1 and 2, Production 1 and 2, High tech 1... wait, that's 9 already. I'd probably also want Alien Science pack in my Lab T2, and maybe High tech 2, that's 11. So from that perspective, I really need to start splitting the labs up, despite the obvious issues with multiple lab types.

Now, like my existing Lab 2, which covers everything the base lab does, with the addition of science pack 4, there is the possibility for overlap. If the base game lab has Science packs 1, 2, 3, P, M and HT, which is 6 already, Lab 2 would probably just pull that to 1, 2, 3, 4, A, P, M and HT to bring it to 8. Then... Assuming nothing requires more than one of P, M and HT, it could become 1, 2, 3, 4, A, P1 and P2 as a Production lab, same with M1 and M2 for Military, etc... make sense?
At time you require so much science pack, it's usually not problem of logistic, since at that time you use bots to deliver bottles. base game has only 4 i think, so that's just 2 belts, which is simple, but even with 8 you can go with 4 belts, not mention you can go up to 3 belts each side with long inserters from your mods, so 12 sciences packs is possible even without robots (not that i will do such thing, at such time i will probly stick with bots).
UI clutter is different thing, everything that has more than 6 items (input + ouput combined), is at base of "unreadability" level. either it's lab or factory. exception are logistic boxes, which have storage grid.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:At time you require so much science pack, it's usually not problem of logistic, since at that time you use bots to deliver bottles. base game has only 4 i think, so that's just 2 belts, which is simple, but even with 8 you can go with 4 belts, not mention you can go up to 3 belts each side with long inserters from your mods, so 12 sciences packs is possible even without robots (not that i will do such thing, at such time i will probly stick with bots).
UI clutter is different thing, everything that has more than 6 items (input + ouput combined), is at base of "unreadability" level. either it's lab or factory. exception are logistic boxes, which have storage grid.
bobingabout wrote:not only is it a logistical nightmare trying to wire up 8 bottles to a single lab, but it also messes up the GUI.
A lab with 8 different packs looks crap enough as it is, it would look even worse with more than 8.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Martymer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Martymer »

Hi. First time playing with Bob's mods.
I don't know if it's bug or I do something wrong but i can't progress in game because I can't build Circuit board.
I need to "mix" 4 ingredients to make it so I have to make Assembling machine 3.
But to make Assembling machine 3. I need Circuit board.
I use Bob's current version 0.14.
Last edited by Martymer on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

You can also use the blue assembly machine.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Martymer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Martymer »

steinio wrote:You can also use the blue assembly machine.
Thank you. For some reason I thought it can only take 3 ingredients :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Martymer wrote:
steinio wrote:You can also use the blue assembly machine.
Thank you. For some reason I thought it can take only 3 ingredients :)
Maybe it*s only 3 ingredients but one fluid :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:At time you require so much science pack, it's usually not problem of logistic, since at that time you use bots to deliver bottles. base game has only 4 i think, so that's just 2 belts, which is simple, but even with 8 you can go with 4 belts, not mention you can go up to 3 belts each side with long inserters from your mods, so 12 sciences packs is possible even without robots (not that i will do such thing, at such time i will probly stick with bots).
bobingabout wrote:not only is it a logistical nightmare trying to wire up 8 bottles to a single lab, but it also messes up the GUI.
A lab with 8 different packs looks crap enough as it is, it would look even worse with more than 8.
Actually with more it could look better once your ingredients go on next line your progress bar would move down too. And even with belt lab is 3x3 simpliest setup with belts may hold up to 3 beltsx2 linesx2 sides 12 easy. and if used several lines of inserters up to 4 belts per side or 6(still need empty space to get from) with adjustable inserters. In fact one belt may hold amount of types equal to amount of item belt capable holding /2 if you use circuit locks and one belt loop, it is not like you need that high saturation on labs.

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

Hi,

i can't make Carbon. I don't see anywhere how to craft it. I looked up the uupcoming techs but i don't can't see it anywhere how to do it.

Beside bob's mods i use the angel's mod except the bio processing mod (the game won't start with it).
I have see the post with update the mods, i have updated my mods but i see no change.
Maybe can somebody help me.

Edit: I have removed the angel's petro chem mod now i can craft carbon but miss mod-content.
Can i solve this?

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

ReDragon wrote:Hi,

i can't make Carbon. I don't see anywhere how to craft it. I looked up the uupcoming techs but i don't can't see it anywhere how to do it.

Beside bob's mods i use the angel's mod except the bio processing mod (the game won't start with it).
I have see the post with update the mods, i have updated my mods but i see no change.
Maybe can somebody help me.

Edit: I have removed the angel's petro chem mod now i can craft carbon but miss mod-content.
Can i solve this?
In angel's you need Coal processing 1 for carbon iirc. To actually make it you need to crush coal into crushed coal (ore crusher). Then cook the crushed coal into coke (furnace). then process the coke into carbon with carbon dioxide (liquifer for both carbon and C02). Questions should probably be asked on the angel's board.

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

arbarbonif wrote:
ReDragon wrote:In angel's you need Coal processing 1 for carbon iirc. To actually make it you need to crush coal into crushed coal (ore crusher). Then cook the crushed coal into coke (furnace). then process the coke into carbon with carbon dioxide (liquifer for both carbon and C02). Questions should probably be asked on the angel's board.
I can't reach this tech without carbon at my actuell progress. You have done it? How?

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

ReDragon wrote:
arbarbonif wrote:
ReDragon wrote:In angel's you need Coal processing 1 for carbon iirc. To actually make it you need to crush coal into crushed coal (ore crusher). Then cook the crushed coal into coke (furnace). then process the coke into carbon with carbon dioxide (liquifer for both carbon and C02). Questions should probably be asked on the angel's board.
I can't reach this tech without carbon at my actuell progress. You have done it? How?
is chemical furnace: coal+water-> carbon available to you?

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

fractalman wrote:
ReDragon wrote:
arbarbonif wrote:is chemical furnace: coal+water-> carbon available to you?
Yes it's aviable. I wonder because i don't have seen that i unlock the recipes for carbon and salt, i just saw the chemical furnace at the techtree. After i removed the angel's mod i have see the recipes. Anyway i can craft'em.

Will the game spawn things in an acutall game what was not in before? I now have the gas from the angel's mod back. Can this spawn at untraveld areals?

KyRoMetalZz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KyRoMetalZz »

How can I change the stack size for items? these mods makes ores stack to 200 and i would like them smaler

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

KyRoMetalZz wrote:How can I change the stack size for items? these mods makes ores stack to 200 and i would like them smaler
Currently not something that would be easy to do.

You'd have to mod the mod to do it.
I also have a Patreon.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

KyRoMetalZz wrote:How can I change the stack size for items? these mods makes ores stack to 200 and i would like them smaler
Trust me, you'll be glad for the large stack sizes as you progress through these.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

bobingabout wrote:
Currently not something that would be easy to do.

You'd have to mod the mod to do it.
I did that a long time ago, updated everything, loaded the save to find it difficult to place stuff in chests when i removed items haha.

Not a good idea to do, I've thought about making a mod that basically does this for bob's type stuff for the people that want to change stack sizes, but I don't really need to with the state it's currently in. (also lazy)

And yeah, as mentioned, don't worry about the large stack sizes, I had 400k iron plates stored up, went from green science, to blue science with automated belt production and burned 400k iron plates in a matter of 15 minutes x.x Was pretty savage.
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I generally don't work with buffers, preferring my production to be adequate or surplus to requirement, but I've got a temp setup for cannon shells and omg those things chew through steel >< especially since the added complexity makes power armour much more difficult to get, at least in a blind playthrough, and there is a much greater requirement for expansion with all the added ores. Also 1k iron in my inventory doesn't go very far.

So yeah, when you load the mod you're like o_O big stack sizes and big inventory, but then you start playing it and it does feel balanced.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

On the note of inventory... I'm actually considering changing the inventory back down to base game sizes. And compensating with even more inventory size research. I was thinking about using unlimited research(coming in 0.15) for it, but I've heard stories that very large inventories (over 1000 slots) don't play nice.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I would just give 1-5 slots with every infinity research level. I mean the problem with very big inventories is not, that the game cant handle it but that it doesn't play nice. you have to do a lot of research for that.
I like this modpack very much. I think what would be cool is to replace the transistors in basic electronic boards with tubes, made from glass, tined copper wire and plastic or resin. maybe with the option to switch to transistors with electronics4.

Return to “Bob's mods”