[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

FusedShadowX wrote:Hello everyone, so I wanted to make a question which I don't know if it is answered, although I searched for it!
In bobelectronics when plastics are unlocked someone can produce synthetic wood, isn't that right? However, I can't understand why the old classic "wood" recipe is abandoned! I don't know if it is something to balance other recipes or something else.
Just a question! :) Thank you in advance :D
This has been answered many many times. It is an issue I cannot solve caused by an... oversight in the base game. The old wood recipe still exists, and can still be used, you just have to craft them manually. The auto-recipe wants to use the new version, even though it can't be made by hand, even if you have all the materials to make it with the other recipe.
marcelgrilo wrote:why cant we produce sulfur from petroleum anymore?
Realism. Being able to produce Sulfur (in reality an unwanted byproduct removed in the oil refining phase), from Petroleum Gas (a final product that shouldn't have sulfur in it...) is backwards to say the least.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

Some ideas after playing a bit with vehicle equipment;

A train wagon without cargo but a larger equipment grid would be nice. I now like having a train going around my base as mobile turret and this would be great.
Or an armoured cargo wagon MK2, that serves this purpose.

In the 0.13 discussion thread, you said you're open to more equipment ideas.
How about a grid version of the gun, sniper and flame turrets? I have no idea if it's possible to make grid weapons that need ammo, but if it is, this could be really cool.

Also you should double check some of your numbers. Vehicle plasma cannon 2 is fairly easy to build, but its research is much later.
Vehicle fusion reactor MK1 takes 2x4 and makes 500 kw, while the vehicle fusion cell costs exactly half, takes half space (2x2) but produces 300 kw, which is more efficient. Why ever build the reactor?
It feels like the cell was meant to be 200kw, as then, once you have 4 vertical spaces you could use the more space efficient reactor.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Berserker55 wrote:A train wagon without cargo but a larger equipment grid would be nice. I now like having a train going around my base as mobile turret and this would be great.
Or an armoured cargo wagon MK2, that serves this purpose.
a MK2 armored would likely be the way I'd do it.
Berserker55 wrote:In the 0.13 discussion thread, you said you're open to more equipment ideas.
How about a grid version of the gun, sniper and flame turrets? I have no idea if it's possible to make grid weapons that need ammo, but if it is, this could be really cool.
There is no way to make them require ammo. You can have ammo removed from an inventory when the weapon fires, but if you don't put any ammo in there, there's no easy way to prevent them from firing. I could do like the first combat robot, and make them cost ammo, but I'd rather not, which is why those equipments don't exist. To note: I have in code in the warfare mod a peice of equipment for the power armor that fires distractor robots, but it's not buildable because of this issue.
Berserker55 wrote:Also you should double check some of your numbers. Vehicle plasma cannon 2 is fairly easy to build, but its research is much later.
Vehicle fusion reactor MK1 takes 2x4 and makes 500 kw, while the vehicle fusion cell costs exactly half, takes half space (2x2) but produces 300 kw, which is more efficient. Why ever build the reactor?
It feels like the cell was meant to be 200kw, as then, once you have 4 vertical spaces you could use the more space efficient reactor.
you are absolutely correct here, it was supposed to be 2/5 not 3/5.
I also have a Patreon.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

Hm, too bad ammo isn't a thing.
At least for the flame thing, you could maybe go with a plasma stream turret, that uses a large amount of energy, but is functionally a flamethrower.

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

bobingabout wrote:I think what he meant by conformity with existing assets... is a sprite sheet with... is it 64 or 128 facing steps? I can't remember without looking... and a tank and turret as separate sheets... and the sheet itself, and shadow also being separate sheets. There's also the remap layer, which means 6 sheets. The mask layer is optional though, and probably wouldn't be needed if the object looked unique enough.
I apologize for not being clear, I didn't mean the technical specifications, I got those from the existing files in the game.

What I mean is, what do you want the tank to look like?

What size do you want? bigger than the existing one? same size?

What about the layout, single cannon turret? twin cannon turrets? cannon turret paired with machine gun?

Wide tracks? short tracks?

if you could provide me with a crude drawing of it, and a description of what you would like, so I can forward it to my artist friend, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

Would it be possible to make a new logistic chest? I believe the game is currently missing a storage chest that can filter it's content, so one could better organize what should be stored and where

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

maybe asked before, but it is possible to get Lazy Bastard (handcraft at most 111 items) with bob mods?

in vanilla you need minimum 100 crafts to setup everything, then you just use automated crafting, but what is minimum using bob mods? considering just basic circuit board is pita (and you need at least 1 for offshore pump)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Walayimuna wrote:What I mean is, what do you want the tank to look like?

What size do you want? bigger than the existing one? same size?

What about the layout, single cannon turret? twin cannon turrets? cannon turret paired with machine gun?

Wide tracks? short tracks?
As for what it looks like, I'm actually not too bothered as long as it looks like it fits in. Fairly sure the way the game works, would mean you can't use more than a single turret.

Weapon wise, the MK2 tank adds an artillery weapon, and the MK3 also adds a laser weapon.
As for the tank itself... since they each have stronger resistances, and therefore armors, I'd sugest that the model of the tank itself should look bigger and more amored as they go up. Though, my personal preferences wouldn't be too many differences from the original.

IF you do however provide me with say... an armored looking car, or buggy of some sort on a similar style to the base game car, then I'd probably go and make a MK2 car using it too.
Walayimuna wrote:Would it be possible to make a new logistic chest? I believe the game is currently missing a storage chest that can filter it's content, so one could better organize what should be stored and where
I think that's an issue with the base game. Logistic chests do not support the option of filters.
mexmer wrote:maybe asked before, but it is possible to get Lazy Bastard (handcraft at most 111 items) with bob mods?

in vanilla you need minimum 100 crafts to setup everything, then you just use automated crafting, but what is minimum using bob mods? considering just basic circuit board is pita (and you need at least 1 for offshore pump)
Although I haven't really looked into it myself, If the base game is that close to the limit already, then I'm fairly sure it isn't possible. I don't know exactly where the conversation is, but there is a discussion about it somewhere on these forums.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

thought problem will be with circuit boards, but seem main issue is with research lab, although it hand craft mainly ramped up, thanks to circuit boards.

93 crafts to setup research (compared to 82 from vanila)
110 when you finish 1st assembler

that leaves just 1 craft, but you need at least 2
1 - assembler 2 (blue one) - sinces it's 4 item recipe which can't be processed in white assembler (can make only 1/2 item recipes)
1 - oil refinery - it's 5 item recipe, that ca't be made in assembler 2 (can make recipes up to 4 items)

with "little" tuning, you can make this doable :D

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

These are probably both know items.
When you upgrade a train with items in the grid, you lose those items.

When you try and build a train in a assembly machine, you get this error:

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

TheSAguy wrote:These are probably both know items.
this is general issue with any item with grid (that includes armor - which was only item with equipment grid until 0.14). if you ever upgraded modular armor to power armor, or power armor to mk2 you might have seen that. (i think that was also reason, why power armor doesn't require modular armor for upgrade anymore, but mk2 still require normal for upgrade)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TheSAguy wrote:These are probably both know items.

When you try and build a train in a assembly machine, you get this error:
The first one I knew, it's a base game issue. The only solution would be to change the recipe of anything with a grid so that it doesn't require a previous version.

The second error I've not seen before, but it looks like another base game issue relating to units with grids.

Either way, there's nothing I can really do about either of them.

You can report that assembling machine error in the main game bugs section if you want, I wouldn't bother with the first issue though, the devs know about it already.
I also have a Patreon.

Crazy_Adept1797
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Crazy_Adept1797 »

bobingabout wrote:
Crazy_Adept1797 wrote:I Have installed your Vehicle Equipment mod and have immediately found a bug. The vehicles Outright refuse anything being put into them. Only Overdrive Motor and Plasma Cannon work. Nothing else.
I can look into the issue. But as other people have mentioned, this is likely the result of multiple equipment mods.

Please list any mods you are using, especially if they are doing something with a vehicle grid, or equipment.
The only mods I'm running that affect vehicle(and/or) grids are your Warfare, Logistics, and Equipment mods. along with the Youki-industries Railways and SuperTank mods
I do have a mod that adds new gear: Advanced personal defence.
I also run an assortment of mods made by an Arch666Angel. These mods are as follows:
Angel's addons: Ore Silos
Angel's infinite ores
Angel's Petro Chemical refining
Angel's Refining
Angel's trigger-petrochem-showconverterrecipe

I feel Youki's railway may be the culprit. I'll update when I find out.

Edit: Youki's railway was not the culprit. Nor was it Advanced Personal Defence I have removed both though.
Edit 2: SuperTank is innocent as well. I'm keeping That one. I'm not convinced This is a conflict based issue

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

just note, i think light should not require blue boards, they should be red tech, so should require only basic circuit board.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Walayimuna wrote:Would it be possible to make a new logistic chest? I believe the game is currently missing a storage chest that can filter it's content, so one could better organize what should be stored and where
Actually robots try to store items one type of item per chest if they can if there is no empty chest or chest with same items than it dumps wherever. Why do you need even organize this? The contents of network should be visible, and modular suit and personal roboport should be accessible by time you get those chests. But I agree having filterable contents chest like rail vagon could be usefull in some rare cases. I think(memory patchy on this) there should be mod that allows filtering chest contents but I might be wrong.

AndrolGenhald
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrolGenhald »

aeros1 wrote:
Actually robots try to store items one type of item per chest if they can if there is no empty chest or chest with same items than it dumps wherever. Why do you need even organize this? The contents of network should be visible, and modular suit and personal roboport should be accessible by time you get those chests. But I agree having filterable contents chest like rail vagon could be usefull in some rare cases. I think(memory patchy on this) there should be mod that allows filtering chest contents but I might be wrong.
The problem is that logistic bots are pretty stupid as far as ai go, I haven't tried to find out exactly how they decide what to put where, but unless you have a setup with all the storage chests in the same spot, you're inevitably going to end up with bots going all the way across your base when they should be storing that specific item much closer.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

AndrolGenhald wrote:
aeros1 wrote:
The problem is that logistic bots are pretty stupid as far as ai go, I haven't tried to find out exactly how they decide what to put where, but unless you have a setup with all the storage chests in the same spot, you're inevitably going to end up with bots going all the way across your base when they should be storing that specific item much closer.
most likely they find first chest in list that fits their purpose (Same item then empty, then with fewest busy spaces? or with free space.)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Logistics 0.14.3:
* Changed armoured-cargo-wagon max_speed to 1.2 (base game locomotive max speed)
* Changed construction robot items to goes-to-main-inventory
* Added Character inventory slots bonus local entry.
* Changed the way the inserters GUI is displayed.

inserters 0.14.1:
* Optimise on_tick routine.
I also have a Patreon.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

bobingabout wrote:Logistics 0.14.3:
* Changed armoured-cargo-wagon max_speed to 1.2 (base game locomotive max speed)
* Changed construction robot items to goes-to-main-inventory
* Added Character inventory slots bonus local entry.
* Changed the way the inserters GUI is displayed.

inserters 0.14.1:
Logistics button is halfway off screen in this update.

Bob's config seems to have no affect on logistics mod as far as the tech unlocks and inserter button / checkbox options.

bob's config -> config.lua no affect:

Code: Select all

-- Logistics mod

-- If set to true, long versions of Burner, Fast, Smart and Express inserters are added.
bobmods.config.logistics.LongInserters = false

-- If set to true, Near (near side of standard belt) and Far (near side of long handed belt) inserters are added. Requires LongInserters to be true
bobmods.config.logistics.NearInserters = false

-- If set to true, short in long out, and long in short out combinations of Near, Standard, Far and Long inserters are added. Requires LongInserters and NearInserters to be true.
bobmods.config.logistics.MoreInserters = false

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

bobingabout wrote: inserters 0.14.1:

Thank you for this! Should drastically improve script speed in multiplayer.

Return to “Bob's mods”