[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Walayimuna »

Would it be possible to increase the vehicle grid size?

Perhaps on another tier of vehicles, bigger battle tanks, nothing too fancy, something along the lines of this:

or even this:

All jesting aside, I am sure that the introduction of a land battleship would be met with resistance, but I personally believe your mods could allow something stronger and with a greater equipment grid than the currently existing MK3 tank.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

The tanks idea sounds like a serious hassle for little improvement. The graphics necessary to make that work would take way too much energy; there are much more imperative places in bob's mod which could use the graphics work. Cool pictures tho.

Ultimately bob warfare is in the need for a serious graphics revamp, but I feel like the priority on that is lower than for other bob's mods.

Edit: *whoosh*

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

[quote="Walayimuna"][/quote]
+1

could always steal some Supreme commander graphics... Fatboy.. etc.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If somewhere were to make a sprite sheet for other tanks, I may consider using them, where appropriate of course.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

Is it something along the looks of this that you need:

If yes, I believe I can provide a personalized tank sprite to be used for your mods, what would be the specifications for it?

Turret with a single cannon or two cannon barrels?

What general color?

What size compared to the existing one?

Standard tank layout or futuristic?

By futuristic design, I mean something alone these lines:

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

Walayimuna wrote:Is it something along the looks of this that you need:

If yes, I believe I can provide a personalized tank sprite to be used for your mods, what would be the specifications for it?

What general color?

If you want to do graphics for factorio, I would recommend making all the sprites based off the already existing graphics, for maximum conformity. Like the tank already in the game, and its spritesheet, can be found in the "core" mod i think. Making color/feature modifications of that is the most efficient probably.

But animation is always a hassle, especially when you have to compete with the REALLY nice animations that wube has in the game already
might not be worth the effort ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

Aonova wrote:
Walayimuna wrote:Is it something along the looks of this that you need:

What general color?

If you want to do graphics for factorio, I would recommend making all the sprites based off the already existing graphics, for maximum conformity. Like the tank already in the game, and its spritesheet, can be found in the "core" mod i think. Making color/feature modifications of that is the most efficient probably.

But animation is always a hassle, especially when you have to compete with the REALLY nice animations that wube has in the game already
might not be worth the effort ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am sorry, I do not want to sound rude neither blunt, as text lacks the ability to demonstrate one's emotion when writing, but I do not like the idea of 'conformity' with the original texture, if there was satisfaction with the game original content, mods would not exist, so since the game allows us to improve on it, I do not see any harm in suggesting improvements to skilled modders like bobingabout.

And, regarding the sprite sheet, I am acquainted with a professional artist that owns me a couple favors, so I believe the end result would be quite satisfactory, and even it it isn't, the final decision to integrate it on the mod falls on bobingabout.

Hence why I asked what he is looking for on the new sprite sheet for tanks, by that I meant requirements I asked for, so I can forward them to my artist friend.

Thank you and apologies for any misunderstanding, again I sometimes fail to express myself properly because english is not my native language.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

Walayimuna wrote: I am sorry, I do not want to sound rude neither blunt, as text lacks the ability to demonstrate one's emotion when writing, but I do not like the idea of 'conformity' with the original texture, if there was satisfaction with the game original content, mods would not exist, so since the game allows us to improve on it, I do not see any harm in suggesting improvements to skilled modders like bobingabout.

And, regarding the sprite sheet, I am acquainted with a professional artist that owns me a couple favors, so I believe the end result would be quite satisfactory, and even it it isn't, the final decision to integrate it on the mod falls on bobingabout.

Hence why I asked what he is looking for on the new sprite sheet for tanks, by that I meant requirements I asked for, so I can forward them to my artist friend.

Thank you and apologies for any misunderstanding, again I sometimes fail to express myself properly because english is not my native language.
No you are fine, I'm sorry for sounding rude. Good luck in your endeavors. :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I think what he meant by conformity with existing assets... is a sprite sheet with... is it 64 or 128 facing steps? I can't remember without looking... and a tank and turret as separate sheets... and the sheet itself, and shadow also being separate sheets. There's also the remap layer, which means 6 sheets. The mask layer is optional though, and probably wouldn't be needed if the object looked unique enough.
I also have a Patreon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

This is probably not the right place to post this, but I can't seem to find the Vehicle Equipment thread.
And sorry if already discussed

When I mine a train with equipment on it, it disappears.
Why can't I place a plasma cannon on a train? The cannon is so big, I had to upgrade all the way to Mk3 to get the grid size, then it did not let me insert it.

Thanks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TheSAguy wrote:This is probably not the right place to post this, but I can't seem to find the Vehicle Equipment thread.

Why can't I place a plasma cannon on a train? The cannon is so big, I had to upgrade all the way to Mk3 to get the grid size, then it did not let me insert it.

Thanks.
There currently is no thread for it. I'm actually trying to move away from one topic per mod, due to having so many, to just centralise the conversation into topics like this one.

Mining a vehicle with an equipment grid will create an "Item with equipment" in your inventory, just like your armor keeps it's equipment when moved into your inventory. if you look you should see multiple stacks of a single vehicle, and hovering your mouse over those should show a grid full of equipment.

As for the plasma cannon... it requires an "Armored vehicle", so it only works on tanks (but not cars) and the armored train (The units specifically named Armored Locomotive and Armored Cargo wagon)
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Bobingabout, hi to all guys
What do u yhink about this mod - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Taehl/BetterScience
Rhis mod does many improvments in science? and adding some new types of science packs in late stage of game

Сould it be that mod is potentially compatible with the your mods, bobingabout please look into this mod if its not hard to you

I looked into this mod only on vanilla without any mods, idea with many changes looks really interesting
Last edited by aklesey1 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Does bob's vehicle equipment have a dependency on bob's warfare?

I seem to only get a grid on car/tank if I also add warfare.

Test setup:
mod-list.json

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:This is probably not the right place to post this, but I can't seem to find the Vehicle Equipment thread.

Thanks.
There currently is no thread for it. I'm actually trying to move away from one topic per mod, due to having so many, to just centralise the conversation into topics like this one.

Mining a vehicle with an equipment grid will create an "Item with equipment" in your inventory, just like your armor keeps it's equipment when moved into your inventory. if you look you should see multiple stacks of a single vehicle, and hovering your mouse over those should show a grid full of equipment.

As for the plasma cannon... it requires an "Armored vehicle", so it only works on tanks (but not cars) and the armored train (The units specifically named Armored Locomotive and Armored Cargo wagon)
Hello friend I have a request to you, I tried your angels and fashion combine and create resources ... the type of puddles, so I created them but a lot of immediately, you as the expert could tell that would become less of resources on the map?*
link in post
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33689

привет друг у меня просьба к тебе, я пытался твой и ангелс моды объединить и создать ресурсы..типа луж, вот я их создал но много сразу появляются, ты как специалист мог бы подсказать что бы меньше стало ресурсов на карте?*

Crazy_Adept1797
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Crazy_Adept1797 »

I Have installed your Vehicle Equipment mod and have immediately found a bug. The vehicles Outright refuse anything being put into them. Only Overdrive Motor and Plasma Cannon work. Nothing else.
Attachments
20161005142944_1.jpg
20161005142944_1.jpg (268.64 KiB) Viewed 8856 times
20161005142942_1.jpg
20161005142942_1.jpg (269.12 KiB) Viewed 8856 times
20161005142938_1.jpg
20161005142938_1.jpg (270.34 KiB) Viewed 8856 times

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

think it is a conflict with other mods
or you need all of bobs..

I have no issues

tho I am using 14.1 warfare not 14.2

iirc its bobs Logistics that has the equipment grid for them.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

If you have different mod that changes grids and/or equipemnt there will be conflict most likely due to equipment groups.
From the description it seems that bob's added items work but ones that are in base game don't - that points to above being the likely reason.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Peppe wrote:Does bob's vehicle equipment have a dependency on bob's warfare?

I seem to only get a grid on car/tank if I also add warfare.
That is something I should look at changing but it works like this:
Logistics adds grids to trains
Warfare adds grids to the car and tanks
Equipment gives you the equipment to use in those vehicles.
Crazy_Adept1797 wrote:I Have installed your Vehicle Equipment mod and have immediately found a bug. The vehicles Outright refuse anything being put into them. Only Overdrive Motor and Plasma Cannon work. Nothing else.
I can look into the issue. But as other people have mentioned, this is likely the result of multiple equipment mods.

Please list any mods you are using, especially if they are doing something with a vehicle grid, or equipment.
Airat9000 wrote:Hello friend I have a request to you, I tried your angels and fashion combine and create resources ... the type of puddles, so I created them but a lot of immediately, you as the expert could tell that would become less of resources on the map?*
link in post
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33689
They recently changed the way spawns work in 0.13.0. I still haven't figured it out yet, all I did was replace the values in my own mods with the new ones in the base game... so my waters are all just the same spawn rate as default oil.
I also have a Patreon.

FusedShadowX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FusedShadowX »

Hello everyone, so I wanted to make a question which I don't know if it is answered, although I searched for it!
In bobelectronics when plastics are unlocked someone can produce synthetic wood, isn't that right? However, I can't understand why the old classic "wood" recipe is abandoned! I don't know if it is something to balance other recipes or something else.
Just a question! :) Thank you in advance :D

marcelgrilo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marcelgrilo »

why cant we produce sulfur from petroleum anymore?

Return to “Bob's mods”