[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

evilm0nkey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by evilm0nkey »

bobingabout wrote:I'm not 100% sure on this, but I've heard similar bug reports before, and it is Another mod that makes use of the stdlib mod. One of the functions in there causes an issue, and replaces the items incorrectly. I'm not sure how or why, but, there is a good chance that it is Marathon causing the issues.
After some research, it seems like Marathon is indeed the issue. Also looks like the guy doesnt care to fix it for now. I guess I'll have to have a look myself.
It seems like there is simply no receipe replacements for said buildings.

Thanks for your help!

matrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matrix »

plz can you put a PACK with all bob's mod in one downlad file ? It's borring to DL it one by one :s

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

matrix wrote:plz can you put a PACK with all bob's mod in one downlad file ? It's borring to DL it one by one :s

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31717

matrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matrix »

Yes exactly what I said... many links and many files to dl...
Can you put only one zip file on mediafire like evrybody? ^^

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

matrix wrote:Yes exactly what I said... many links and many files to dl...
Dropbox link? Download the whole folder?

Bookman24
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bookman24 »

Just like to start out with, Big Fan of your mod. Added it shortly after I got a handle on the vanilla gameplay and I have been having fun with it ever since.

Anyway, I recently changed computers and I have been reacquiring the mod pack I was using. I went into the config mod to reenable the god modules, but when I opened up the info file, what i got was this.

Code: Select all

{
  "name": "bobconfig",
  "version": "0.14.0",
  "factorio_version": "0.14",
  "title": "Bob's Config mod",
  "author": "Bobingabout",
  "contact": "robertagius@hotmail.com",
  "homepage": "https://forums.factorio.com/viewforum.php?f=51",
  "description": "This mod allows you to change the settings of Bob's mods.",
  "dependencies": ["base >= 0.14.0"]
}
That is the entirety of the file, with none of the options I could find in it earlier. Any help?

*NOTE Posted here because I didn't want to necro the config thread on my second post in the forum.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

@Bookman24
you should open the config.lua not the info.json.

Bookman24
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bookman24 »

Can't believe I missed that. Thanks

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Arch666Angel wrote:
matrix wrote:Yes exactly what I said... many links and many files to dl...
Dropbox link? Download the whole folder?
This is exactly WHY there is a folder called "Latest" on my dropbox. so that you can just download the whole folder as a zip file, and then you have all the latest versions of my mods.
ukezi wrote:you should open the config.lua not the info.json.
Indeed. info.json is basically a core file that needs to exist to tell the game that it's a mod. data.lua is also a key file to bind things together. config.lua is the only file most users need to worry about, there is another in there that allows editing a couple other things for more advanced players, but that's about it.

Also, I'm sure with 0.15 the whole config mod will be obsolete, because they're adding a new system where mods can specify config options that can be changed in the game, so this config system would become large array of options in the game. (And nearly all of them will require you to restart the game when changed, which is a pain in the backside, but it's better than manually editing a text file.)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

matrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matrix »

Oh yes, I dont see it until you tell me^^

I suggest to put it in BOLD LARGE, too more links for eyes of idiots like me ^^

thx for your works, it's realy my faverite mod ! :)

Jarcek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jarcek »

Hello,

It is my first post.

I came back to Factorio and your amazing mods after a while and it seems to me that Smart inserter is gone?

I suspected it was hiding in the GUI for inserters, but I guess not. :( I cannot find it in the tech tree.

(All Bob's mods instaled/no other mods)

Cheers and thank you for your mods!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Smart inserts don't exist anymore. All inserters can be connected to circuit or logistic networks.

Jarcek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jarcek »

Thank you!! I hoped so! Faith restored, no need to start a new game!!! ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

or more specifically, the whole functionallity of the smart inserter is available on the filter inserter. Some of the smart inserter's functionallity (the abillity to connect to the wire grid) is now built into all inserters.

I bet my delayed response is enough he won't even see this message
I also have a Patreon.

bioxz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bioxz »

Hi there, i have a problem* with the non-stack inserter capacity bonus. Is it possible to disable it? There doesn't seem to be an option in bobsconfig.

* The inserter is picking up more items than the target container could hold. If the inserter should move multiple types of items, it gets stuck with items in its hand. This is annoying while loading trains with many different items, right now i need one inserter per item type.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bioxz wrote:Hi there, i have a problem* with the non-stack inserter capacity bonus. Is it possible to disable it? There doesn't seem to be an option in bobsconfig.

* The inserter is picking up more items than the target container could hold. If the inserter should move multiple types of items, it gets stuck with items in its hand. This is annoying while loading trains with many different items, right now i need one inserter per item type.
that's good idea, having configurable stack size.

btw. you can observe this issue even in vanilla, since on research of inserter bonus 2 and 7 it gives +1 to nonstack inserter.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, this is a base game issue too. The difference is that my mod seperates this from the base game, so in a sense, it's better, because you just need to not research it at all, rather than being forced to research it to 3 when researching it for stack inserters.
I also have a Patreon.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

In the same spirit, would you please consider making synthetic wood it´s own separate research item so I can specifically decide whether I want to research synthetic wood or not?
(So researching plastics would not already automatically unlock synthetic wood. I need plastics but I dont usually want synthetic wood because of its effect on hand crafting stuff from real wood)

edit: perhaps this is a change best left for bob´s mods based on 0.15 version of factorio since the research will probably need a big overhaul for that anyways

greenking13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by greenking13 »

I do apologize for asking, but for the past while I've been looking into the functionality of your mods inserters, and I love the fact that you can specify which side to drop an item onto a conveyor, but after looking for a method, I cannot find a way to specify which side of the conveyor to pick up from. I have looked on the forums and I saw that in November you stated that the way the base game is designed, it is impossible to specify the pick up side. I wanted to verify if that statement is still true, or if I'm hopelessly blind to said option.

Thank you,
Greenking13

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

greenking13 wrote:I do apologize for asking, but for the past while I've been looking into the functionality of your mods inserters, and I love the fact that you can specify which side to drop an item onto a conveyor, but after looking for a method, I cannot find a way to specify which side of the conveyor to pick up from. I have looked on the forums and I saw that in November you stated that the way the base game is designed, it is impossible to specify the pick up side. I wanted to verify if that statement is still true, or if I'm hopelessly blind to said option.

Thank you,
Greenking13

This is still the case, Chances are it is something that the factorio devs will not change as the additional check would cause more overhead than needed.

Return to “Bob's mods”