[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bioxz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bioxz »

Hey, i updated to Factorio 0.14.8 and the newest Bobs Mods yesterday and noticed a weird problem today: I use my item trash slots to fill the logistic system with stuff to build for the robots. I saw that four of item X where missing for construction, so I built five them and placed them in my trash folder. One or two (I'm not 100% sure :/) construction robots arrived and took them. The missing construction amount of item X just went down by one. I tested this few times, every time i placed multiple items of the same type in my trash slots, all but one went missing. It looks like the drones taking the remaining items into a roboport or robochest and they are gone. Sometimes, also logistic drones take items from my trash slots and seem to lose them.

This could be a Factorio 0.14 issue or a Bobs Mods issue, I'm not sure about that. But its very annoying to loose stuff in the logistic system and hard to follow where exactly the stuff went. Maybe i can reproduce the problem on a smaller map.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Taking a wild guess, when construction bots take buildings from your trash slots, they take as many as their carry capacity allows (higher tier bots have higher carry capacity in Bob's) but when they place them down, they only place one of the items down and most likely the rest of the stack went missing.

When you do end up making tests, test with different tiers of bots and carry capacity research.

bioxz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bioxz »

I think i wont be able to create a testcase for this. In sandbox mode the character is missing and i don't know enough commands to unlock research and build things in freeplay.

Edit: Ok, one part of the mystery is solved. Someone placed random request chests for stuff, that's why some items that the logistic drones took went missing. But is still seems like the construction drones are stealing items from me. I hope i'm not just paranoid.

marcelgrilo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marcelgrilo »

i updated mu game and mods and i got this:
Bob's Research Progress Saver -> RED
Dependencies:
base >= 0.14.0 ->ok
base< 0.14.8 ->RED

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Progress saver mod is not needed for the latest version and you can safely delete it or toggle it off or leave it be since it defaults to off if the version is greater then .14.8

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

As for the bots... if there is an issue, it is a base game issue, not handling bots with a higher inventory space properly.

For the bobtechsave "Bob's research progress saver" mod, it does one and only one thing. Save, progress of a technology, and restore a saved progress when you change technology. Since this functionality is part of the base game now, you don't need that mod any more. As such, if you are running with version 0.14.8 of the base game or later, the mod will automatically disable itself as not to cause any issues with what the base game is doing.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

I would like to add a few sugestions to the future development of the mod

About vehicle equipment, I particullary do not the night vision on the current game, so my first vehicle equipment would be an array of lights that illuminate around the vehicle, not only where it is facing

I sugested this earlier, but I did not receive a repply, I also believe the game could use a big logistic vehicle designed to mine and provide supply areas and robots around it, it could also have a large storage for ore and wood.

The adition of more barreling options, for other fluids like the ones needed to produce tungsten and nitrogliceryn.

Some sort of survey mechanism, to direct one to the closest deposit of a certain ore

Combine nytrogen and hydrogen to proeuce ammonia, and use it for more powerfull explosives

Advanced steel processing, using oxygen and nytrogen

Flying enemies that are faster and can bypass walls

Burrowing enemies that can dig tunnels, so one would be forced to build concrete floorw through the entire base

Improved flamethrowers using oxyacetilen

Thank you, apologies for my typos, english is not my native language

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Some of those are reasonable idea. Some are beyond the scope of what the game engine is designed to do, for example, adding equipment for mining robots, or extra lights probably isn't possible... or if it is, not easy.
Oxygen-acetlyene is a pair of fuels for gas welding, using Oxygen and Petroleum Gas would yield a similar result... though this system is designed to produce small concentrated flames for creating extreme heat, igniting a gas is very fast and short range. Typical flamethrowers use a fluid or gel based system, they ignite the gel, and spray it, which then sticks to things as it burns, producing a longer lasting, and longer range effect.

Tunnelling and Flying enemies... well, again, either not possible, or difficult and messy, because you're changing entity prototype behaviour beyond what it was designed to do.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ta-da!
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingab ... eequipment

Warfare 0.14.2:
* removed shield input flow limit override.
* fixed equipment default_request_amount spelling mistake
* fixed personal-laser-defense-equipment technology order tags
* Personal laser defense 6 now requires Nitinol.

VehicleEquipment 0.14.0:
* Added equipment for Battery, Shield, Fusion Reactor, Fusion Cell, Solar Panel, Laser defence, big turret 1 to 6.
* Also added Roboport and speed equipment.
I also have a Patreon.

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

bobingabout wrote:Some of those are reasonable idea. Some are beyond the scope of what the game engine is designed to do, for example, adding equipment for mining robots, or extra lights probably isn't possible... or if it is, not easy.
Oxygen-acetlyene is a pair of fuels for gas welding, using Oxygen and Petroleum Gas would yield a similar result... though this system is designed to produce small concentrated flames for creating extreme heat, igniting a gas is very fast and short range. Typical flamethrowers use a fluid or gel based system, they ignite the gel, and spray it, which then sticks to things as it burns, producing a longer lasting, and longer range effect.

Tunnelling and Flying enemies... well, again, either not possible, or difficult and messy, because you're changing entity prototype behaviour beyond what it was designed to do.
Thank you for your reply, I have you in very high regard as a mod developer for both the quality of your work and the respect you give to the community.

Wally

AndrolGenhald
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrolGenhald »

bobingabout wrote:Ta-da!
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingab ... eequipment

Warfare 0.14.2:
* removed shield input flow limit override.
* fixed equipment default_request_amount spelling mistake
* fixed personal-laser-defense-equipment technology order tags
* Personal laser defense 6 now requires Nitinol.

VehicleEquipment 0.14.0:
* Added equipment for Battery, Shield, Fusion Reactor, Fusion Cell, Solar Panel, Laser defence, big turret 1 to 6.
* Also added Roboport and speed equipment.
Hooray! I've been waiting for so long for tanks to actually be useful again :D

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

I have experimenting with vehicle equipment, after equiping a Mark 3 tank with 10 vehicle overdriven engines, moving around and returning to my base, I have come to a sugestion for a new, and in my opinion very important, vehicle equipment.

Brakes

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Walayimuna wrote:I have experimenting with vehicle equipment, after equiping a Mark 3 tank with 10 vehicle overdriven engines, moving around and returning to my base, I have come to a sugestion for a new, and in my opinion very important, vehicle equipment.

Brakes
It's entirely possible that overdrive effect applies to acceleration but not breaking power? :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vehicle Equipment 0.14.1:
* Fixed vehicle-solar-panel-3 to use Aluminium instead of Titanium
* Fixed Vehicle Plasma turret 4 to use Titanium instead of Steel
I also have a Patreon.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

Bob wrote:Plates 0.14.0:
* Added Sulfur -> Sulfur Dioxide recipe, as an alternate route to the base game's sulfuric acid recipe.
*grumble* I guess I have to upgrade to 0.14 now. Angel's ores gives me tons of sulfur, lol.

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

Not sure whats going on, Playing Marathon + Natural Evolution + Bobs and the Liquid Fuel container (red 50MJ fuel) is only needing light oil not liquid fuel or a plastic can.

bioxz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bioxz »

bobingabout wrote:As for the bots... if there is an issue, it is a base game issue, not handling bots with a higher inventory space properly.
Seems like someone else was messing around with requester chests, sorry :/. I still don't know how, but it looks like all items got there somehow. Maybe the robots mk3 are just to fast for my eyes...

While building a big base with your great mods a few feature wishes emerged:
  • Item disposal/recycling - Some recipes produce side products you don't need in that amount or not at that time. Would be great if you could get rid of that stuff, so you don't have to destroy and rebuilt full chests from time to time.
  • Usage for "dead end products" - It would be cool if some earlier recipes (armoured train, base accumulator) could be upgraded to newer recipes (train mk3, {fast/slow/high capacity} accumulators mk2).
Edit: Ah, and:

Code: Select all

5.200 Loading mod bobvehicleequipment 0.14.1 (data-updates.lua)
   5.202 Script technology-functions.lua:152: Technology vehicle-big-turret-4 does not exist.
:)

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

On Factorio 14.9 I'm unable to make Carbon after researching Chemical Processing 1. Salt and Carbon do not show up on the Research screen as a result of Research. The Chemical Furnace does not have any recipes listed when I open. This keeps me from progressing any further.

However, I was able to spawn Carbon using the Lua console, so it seems that the item itself is in the game, but somehow the recipe is being lost?

I've attached my mod-list.json for reference, but I'm not seeing an incompatibilities.

The other complicating factor is that this is a headless server running on Ubuntu 16.07, though as far along as the game gets, I'm disinclined to believe that that is the issue. Also tested the save file locally and I'm not able to get any Carbon. Any ideas?
Attachments
mod-list.json
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

manifold0 wrote:On Factorio 14.9 I'm unable to make Carbon after researching Chemical Processing 1. Salt and Carbon do not show up on the Research screen as a result of Research. The Chemical Furnace does not have any recipes listed when I open. This keeps me from progressing any further.

However, I was able to spawn Carbon using the Lua console, so it seems that the item itself is in the game, but somehow the recipe is being lost?

I've attached my mod-list.json for reference, but I'm not seeing an incompatibilities.

The other complicating factor is that this is a headless server running on Ubuntu 16.07, though as far along as the game gets, I'm disinclined to believe that that is the issue. Also tested the save file locally and I'm not able to get any Carbon. Any ideas?
It's not a problem with Bobs, you're using angels stuff which overwrites Bobs recipes. In particular in this case the petrochem mod. Update your mods because this was a known bug in angels a few days ago.

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Ratzap wrote: It's not a problem with Bobs, you're using angels stuff which overwrites Bobs recipes. In particular in this case the petrochem mod. Update your mods because this was a known bug in angels a few days ago.
Thanks. Makes sense. Strange that it got messed up like that, I just pulled them down yesterday. I'll go make sure that I've got everything to the most current version. Could be that I just pulled them from the wrong place.

Return to “Bob's mods”