Bob's Mods Q&A

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Bob's Mods Q&A

Post by Maja153 »

The idea of this is to post your questions here and if someone knows the answer, they post it. Easy.

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bob's Mods Q&A

Post by Maja153 »

As an example: i just can't figure out how to pump out Lithium water from Bob's ores. Possibly a rather easy question, but i can't figure it out.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Use a water pumpjack, unlocked by researching water pumpjacks. The research icon looks like an oil pumpjack. Needs to be placed on a source of lithia water (looks like a dark blue oil patch)

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maja153 »

British_Petroleum wrote:Use a water pumpjack, unlocked by researching water pumpjacks. The research icon looks like an oil pumpjack. Needs to be placed on a source of lithia water (looks like a dark blue oil patch)
I don't have that research available, what mod is it?
You see, i don't have all the mods installed.
Last edited by Maja153 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Bob's mining. There should be an alternative way to get lithia water for those who don't have bob's mining installed, but I don't know how.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You can also actually just use the oil pumpjack on water patches, and it will work. The water pumpjacks are just a lot more efficient.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maja153 »

bobingabout wrote:You can also actually just use the oil pumpjack on water patches, and it will work. The water pumpjacks are just a lot more efficient.
I actually tried that, and the oil pumpjacks didn't work, possibly because they vere vanilla.

Wishl1ng
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wishl1ng »

I used Bob's mod in combination with RSO so train networks make more sense. Unfortunately I also set the densitty of enemy bases too low, so they almost don't attack at all. Now I invested a lot of time in my base already, so I would like to edit my savegame with more enemies. Is there a way to do jsut that?

MikeinCA
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MikeinCA »

Can you use any mixture of Bobs mods you want, or are certain modules required to use others? (Dependencies)

For example,. I am not a fan of the chemicals, it just adds way to much complexity for me to find it enjoyable. Can I disable that one and everything else will work? Is it the same with all the modules? Are they all "stand alone"?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The best experience comes when you do use all of them together. Many like the Electronics mod are optional, but the game will change quite a lot when it is added.

Ores and Plates (Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates (MCI)) basically need each other to work, the only reason why they're not dependencies is because a lot of the ores are in DyTech for example, or if you use 5Dim, his mod can use my ores.

Currently though, the only mod that is a dependency is the library, so they're all optional, and can effectively be used stand alone, as long as you have the library.

MCI is one of those big game changing mods, as is Electronics(Since it replaces the base game electronics, and a lot of things use electronics), most of the rest just add content, and the recipes will change based on what resources are available. Some like the Technology mod and revamp add very little, but change a lot of things as well.

If you do go and remove MCI, you might as well remove Ores too (unless you're playing with another mod that can use them)

I hope this helps.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”