[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Nexela »

Your map should have 2 different blue colored spots that look like oil spots. One is water the other is lithia water. They are kinda hard to see on the map but they exist (I don't know if they exist in the starting area though)

0nummer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 0nummer »

Nexela wrote:Your map should have 2 different blue colored spots that look like oil spots. One is water the other is lithia water. They are kinda hard to see on the map but they exist (I don't know if they exist in the starting area though)
I have neither of them, could this be an issue with RSO ? because i play with it also.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

They are hard to see and I think pretty spreadout/rare with RSO

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Nexela wrote:They are hard to see and I think pretty spreadout/rare with RSO
Amen, the default spread for them feels less than even Oil on standard RSO. I could cover 5 MK5 radar widths of map both North/South and East/West and only find, possibly, 2 patches.

One thing you could use is the "Map Labels" mod which when clicked will add ghost map labels for all resources on the map.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you are using RSO, make sure it's the latest version. I don't know how many releases of RSO there were since, but the initial 0.13 releases did not have Lithia water support in them.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Here are the current spawn settingsfrom the latest RSO and what I think each one means.
Neither one has a guaranteed chance of spawning in the "starting region"
Richness is self explanitory
spawns_per_region - Both are guranteed to spawn in every region One time, I believe a "region" is about 8 chunks of 32x32 tiles
size - both will spawn at least 2 spots, but no more then 4 spots.

Code: Select all

config["ground-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			spawns_per_region={min=1, max=1},
			richness={min=2000, max=5000}, -- richness per resource spawn
			size={min=2, max=4},

config["lithia-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			size={min=2, max=4},
		}

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:Here are the current spawn settingsfrom the latest RSO and what I think each one means.
Neither one has a guaranteed chance of spawning in the "starting region"
Richness is self explanitory
spawns_per_region - Both are guranteed to spawn in every region One time, I believe a "region" is about 8 chunks of 32x32 tiles
size - both will spawn at least 2 spots, but no more then 4 spots.

Code: Select all

config["ground-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			size={min=2, max=4},

config["lithia-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			size={min=2, max=4},
		}
You are close.. but not there yet.
Spawns per region means when it rolls this resource you get that amount of spawn points in region - each of them has size amount of wells.
Regions are 7 chunks by default unless you modified config.lua file.

One important thing is allotment - it's a bit like relative frequency compared to all other resources that are defined. Per each region you get one roll to select resource that will be there (plus 1-2 more if there are a lot of ores present to make sure they are reasonably available). Allotment at 60 means they are at least as frequent as oil. Since none of them are present in multiple roll sections they might seem a bit more rare since there is no additional chance that main resource will contain secondary patch of water.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

With RSO it seems helpful to increase the absolute_resource_chance parameter when there are a lot of different ore types.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

BlakeMW wrote:With RSO it seems helpful to increase the absolute_resource_chance parameter when there are a lot of different ore types.
It tries to do this already at 10 and 20 resources present. It simply rolls 2 or 3 times per region (assuming it didn't go wrong somewhere along the way).

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Hmm, Uranium would be number 18, almost, but not quite, reaching the point where general spawning frequency is increased. Noteworthy that I increased the global spawning frequency by 50% and it felt right, if RSO gave an 80% chance of an extra roll for 18 ores then the frequency would be about right.

Bo7Jangles2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bo7Jangles2 »

I trying to get hold of the author bobingabout to get permission to use all the bobs mods to do a youtube series of factorio. I am a youtube partner and want to monetize the videos by using the youtube monetization. You can find me by googling Bo7Jangles and leaving me a comment or just leave your answer here. Thanks for your time. Bo7Jangles.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You want to make a youtube series about factorio, while playing with my mods installed? Sure, go for it!
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bo7Jangles2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bo7Jangles2 »

Do you have a specific website or url address you would like for me to give my viewers. I always give credit to the mod makers and link an address to their website. Of course I will link them to the forum for downloads. Thanks, Bo7Jangles.

Zuleah
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zuleah »

I am not sure if this is where I should post this and if not please tell me where it belongs... anyway whenever i launch the game it says "Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-circuit' does not exist." I have figured out that the library file appears to be the cause of the error since without it i can launch factorio... any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I am not really sure if I need to give more info but let me know if I do. Thanks for your time!

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

I have the bobinserters mod installed and for some reason when I press the long-handed inserter in the gui at the top of the screen it still remains as a regular inserter.

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chibiabos »

Firestronk wrote:I have the bobinserters mod installed and for some reason when I press the long-handed inserter in the gui at the top of the screen it still remains as a regular inserter.
There are no longer unique long-handed inserters in bob's inserters, instead your regular inserters can be reconfigured for long-handed reach in a variety of configurations.

Mouseover an inserter so it highlights (needs to be within reach so its a yellow highlight). Press Shift+E for the inserter configuration interface, or you can instead press Shift+N or Shift+L to reconfigure the inserter yourself. This replaces a mess of different inserters that was included in Bob's mods previously and really let you customize -- you can pick from just behind the inserter and drop off several tiles away or vice-versa instead of having to pick up and drop off at equal distances from the inserter. The long-handed research merely increases the reach distance you can configure from inserters from 2 to 3 to eventually 4 tiles away.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

Chibiabos wrote:
Firestronk wrote:I have the bobinserters mod installed and for some reason when I press the long-handed inserter in the gui at the top of the screen it still remains as a regular inserter.
There are no longer unique long-handed inserters in bob's inserters, instead your regular inserters can be reconfigured for long-handed reach in a variety of configurations.

Mouseover an inserter so it highlights (needs to be within reach so its a yellow highlight). Press Shift+E for the inserter configuration interface, or you can instead press Shift+N or Shift+L to reconfigure the inserter yourself. This replaces a mess of different inserters that was included in Bob's mods previously and really let you customize -- you can pick from just behind the inserter and drop off several tiles away or vice-versa instead of having to pick up and drop off at equal distances from the inserter. The long-handed research merely increases the reach distance you can configure from inserters from 2 to 3 to eventually 4 tiles away.
Yes, but there is an option in the inserter GUI to place down long-handed inserters instead of the regular inserters
Edit : Top left corner http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 97DCA6D36/

SirParadox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SirParadox »

Since updating steam to 0.13.18 (Now non beta) the shift-n and shift-l of inserters is not functioning. shift-r works.
Any ideas?

SirParadox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SirParadox »

Ignore my question. I didn't even realize it just had to be researched. lol. Bob's is SO complex you just forget simple things :) Go Bob!

TehFocus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TehFocus »

The Bug about inserter blueprints I reported here on the 17th August seems to have been fixed in your latest release. This is what I call service, thank you bob!

The part that is really impressive would be, that existing blueprints now have working very far inserters even though they did not work pre patch. Very nice work!

Return to “Bob's mods”