[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Necriptos »

Hello, I have made some replacement textures for bob's electronics, see my post here, what are your thoughts about it?

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Necriptos wrote:Hello, I have made some replacement textures for bob's electronics, see my post here, what are your thoughts about it?
I don't count much but from my view those are pretty damn sexy. Close to stocks feel but different enough to show what they are.

Necriptos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necriptos »

Ratzap wrote: I don't count much but from my view those are pretty damn sexy. Close to stocks feel but different enough to show what they are.
Thank you for your feedback, i did my best on these. now i can fully enjoy bob's mod.

appex213
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by appex213 »

Where are the smart inserters? I know the filter inserter can take specific items but I want it to check the amount in the logistics network first and insert only if it's lower than a specific value

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

As of .13 all inserters can be connected to the logistic or circuit networks. Open up the inserter with "e" and the buttons on the right side of the window will allow you to connect.

reallyLost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by reallyLost »

Hi. I'm on 0.13.13 and I've got a problem where inserters will not put coal into the chemical furnace as an ingredient. They only fill the fuel slot. Am I doing something wrong?

Athmagor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Athmagor »

reallyLost wrote:Hi. I'm on 0.13.13 and I've got a problem where inserters will not put coal into the chemical furnace as an ingredient. They only fill the fuel slot. Am I doing something wrong?
Have you chosen the recipe?

reallyLost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by reallyLost »

Athmagor wrote: Have you chosen the recipe?
Yes.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

reallyLost wrote:
Athmagor wrote: Have you chosen the recipe?
Yes.
Your output is full (the 93 carbon). It will not insert until that is cleared.

reallyLost
Inserter
Inserter

Post by reallyLost »

Ratzap wrote: Your output is full (the 93 carbon). It will not insert until that is cleared.
Ah, right. My mistake was that the carbon image is a light grey and it looks very similar to the ghost image. The number 92 is obvious now (there are so many because I hand loaded 200 coal) but when I first built it there were a much smaller number there and my eyes glossed over it - I just saw the light grey image and thought it was a ghost indicating no items. Thanks.

Ictoo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ictoo »

Hey Bob, Love your mods they bring so much life to the game!

I have a little problem that I can't seem to find a solution for.

Is the error I get when i start up the game, If i delete bobs modules it loads ok. (I've tried turning god modules on in the bobconfig)
Mod list

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, this module is (Probably) added by Power and Armor mod (Look at the mod load order, it starts with "PowerAndArmor") by the look of things......

Basically, My mods include a function for adding new recipes to all modules that include both a Limitations list, and Productivity multiplier. If the error is being generated, it means they have a limitations tag, but no limitation key.

Don't ask me how it works, all I know is that they're doing something that breaks when I try to add new limitations, even though my function should only ever add to modules that already have limitations.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Ictoo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ictoo »

I didn't even think of taking the PowerandArmor mod out - I just assumed it was just the bobmodule.

I've taken it out and no problems, that's a lot better than taking the bobmodule out :P Thanks for the response ! Keep up the great work, always excited to see anything new from you.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Hi Bob!

Finally i managed to complete BOB Mods with Full Modules and research all techs ...
Most of the recipe are quite good but ...

Sodium hydroxide is the worst !!!
I have no idea what i shall do with that near useless thing, but i produce tons of it.
I kill 4-6 Big Chest of it with my gun.
Can you change it that if give less of it ...or better nothing and make a own recipe for it.
Only aluminium and Silver oxide need it and you dont need much of it and that very late.

Aluminium, Tungsten & Co you need nowhere ... why?
Only to get better Buildings.
I have 1 miner per special ore and that more than enough.
Make much more use of it!

The rest are most visible problems.
"Module logic board" and "Module processor board" look the same ... took me 30 min to find the error that i produced the wrong one.
Maybe simple change the color of the lines from yellow to black or else.

But in sum i find BOB Mod very cool except Sodium hydroxide ;)

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Sodium Hydroxide is used to make Alumina. Unfortunately Aluminium plate is only used for infrastructure so it's not really an ultimate resource sink but you might feel better about having a chest full of aluminium plate rather than a chest full of sodium hydroxide.

You get lots of it because IRL it's a byproduct of salt water electrolysis that is generated in large quantities (NaCl splits into 1 sodium and 1 chlorine). Bob is already being generous in giving a 2:1 ratio of Cl to NaOH

Perhaps not directly useful, but if you use Angel's Processing you can dispose of unlimited quantities of NaOH in bio processing to make synthetic wood.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

But let us make with that useless item a maybe usefull thing.
The problem that it need so many space (have 6 big chest 2x2 full of it).
Maybe for storage make a 20:1 compression for better storage and return then when you need it (as example Module Research).

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

I think it's more about the uses for aluminium relative to other things we need salt water electrolysis for:

1 sodium hydroxide : 2 chlorine

1 gold : 0.5 chlorine
1 titanium : 1 chlorine
1 silicon : 1 chlorine
1 aluminium : 1 sodium hydroxide

So for 1 aluminium you could get 2 titanium, 2 silicon or 4 gold

Therefore, if aluminium was used in recipes at a rate at at least half the rate of titanium or silicon, or at a quarter the rate of gold, there wouldn't be a NaOH build up.

I think that's the crux of the problem, aluminium just isn't used enough in recipes. Really aluminium should probably by in the top 5 metals used, IRL it's the second most abundantly used metal. If aluminium replaced copper, iron/steel and titanium in various recipes it would make a much better NaOH sink, substituting Titanium with Aluminium in particular would directly rectify the issue as one consumes chlorine and the other consumes sodium hydroxide. Also aluminium should be used in circuits (IRL mainly as heat sinks and casing), perhaps replacing tin or copper in certain circuit boards, this would go a long way towards its consumption in research packs.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

The other problem is that currently late game use of the best stuff isn't all that useful. Yes you can upgrade your infrastructure to be insanely fast/productive, but it isn't used for the one thing you'd want it to be, in the rockets. I'd love to see rockets require all the late game materials in much greater quantities.

Also, Shiny Bob (or whatever it's called) adds a recipe to compress 20:1 sodium hydroxide. ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Don't forget that Gem processing uses Alumina, so if you're making lots of laser stuff, and high end modules, it uses Sodium Hydroxide.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

bobingabout wrote:Don't forget that Gem processing uses Alumina, so if you're making lots of laser stuff, and high end modules, it uses Sodium Hydroxide.
I dont use Laser and for the high end modules you need not so much ...
Only for resarch Modules you need in short time more ... but not that many.
I still need something to waste it or a void chest ;)
Its boring to make 6 chests in a row to kill that every hours.
Too much.png
Too much.png (396.47 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
Last edited by DOSorDIE on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bob's mods”