[MOD 0.15.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Post by CMH »

Not sure, but it loads now, which means I can check if my changes work or not.

Right now I'm just trying to see what I need to change. Sounds like its just the rocket fuel am I correct? I've found the codes for angel's rocket fuel, so if that's it I can deal with that.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

CMH wrote:Not sure, but it loads now, which means I can check if my changes work or not.

Right now I'm just trying to see what I need to change. Sounds like its just the rocket fuel am I correct? I've found the codes for angel's rocket fuel, so if that's it I can deal with that.
So, I just noticed a few issues.

Seem you are reverting the steel recipe not to expensive steel but to cheap steel.... You should set the ingridients to 7 iron plate not 2 + 5. And also change the crafting time or you will have a way short smelting time.
Your recipe system is also conflicting with SpaceEx, that tries to make a nice change to low density structures by replacing steel with titanium alloy. I actually prefer this one, titanium, nitinol and plastic instead of aluminium.
We have nuclear power.... why does the damn satellite runs on rocket fuel when we have nuclear power? :P

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

nagapito wrote:Well... its kinda weird the client wants to disable petrochem twice.... but ok

Sadly, Petrochem has no hard dependency for bob's logistic mods, so it doesnt give a proper error when you try to load it.

When you point it to Angel, he says that its on the site, full bob's suit required.... Yeah... Not the most correct way of doing it!
I cant set a hard dependency on most stuff because you can use the mods without bobs and yes I assume that you have the full bobs suite, I even put this into the mod description as you pointed out yourself, if people cant or dont want to read I cant help it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Arch666Angel wrote:I cant set a hard dependency on most stuff because you can use the mods without bobs and yes I assume that you have the full bobs suite, I even put this into the mod description as you pointed out yourself, if people cant or dont want to read I cant help it.
You could add a few more checks to prevent the crashes. Even within my own mods, I basically check each individual item to see if it exists, and assume nothing.

The library does make it easier though.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Heads up!

How badly will this break things?

Code: Select all

data.raw.recipe["rocket-fuel"].category = "chemistry"
data.raw.recipe["rocket-fuel"].ingredients = {
  {type = "fluid", name = "hydrazine", amount = 80},
  {type = "fluid", name = "dinitrogen-tetroxide", amount = 40}
}
data.raw.recipe["rocket-fuel"].crafting_machine_tint = {
  primary = {r = 0.7, g = 0.7, b = 0.3, a = 0.000},
  secondary = {r = 0.5, g = 0.5, b = 1.0, a = 0.000},
  tertiary = {r = 0.2, g = 1.0, b = 0.2, a = 0.000}
}
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

I'm currently moving, so I've got lots of crap happening here lol. Unfortunately this mod doesn't rate quite as highly as getting everything livable here.

Thanks for the heads up Bob, I'll just clear out my current changes for the next update and if need be I can change it from yours.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You could probably put the changes inside an if block, depending on something in my mod such as

Code: Select all

if not data.raw.technology["rocket-fuel"] then
Note the "not" in there, if "rocket fuel" research doesn't exist, then do your change.
I also have a Patreon.

titansfury
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by titansfury »

Hi. I have a bug with rocket silo. Cant build any rocket because game want me to choose recipe inside rocket silo structure, but where is no any available recipes. h ttps://snag.gy/XBFt6M.jpg

When CMHmod is turned off rocket silo works fine line in wanilla

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

titansfury wrote:Hi. I have a bug with rocket silo. Cant build any rocket because game want me to choose recipe inside rocket silo structure, but where is no any available recipes. h ttps://snag.gy/XBFt6M.jpg

When CMHmod is turned off rocket silo works fine line in wanilla
This happens because now Bob revamp and CMHMod are both adding an extra ingredient to rocket parts, so you need to increase the silo's ingredient_count to 5 (currently each mod increases it to 4 from the vanilla 3). In CMHModBobEndGame you can find the relevant snippet in data-updates.lua and fix it yourself.

Now Bob revamp and Angel's petrochem are both messing with rocket ingredient recipes it's going to be harder to keep on top of these kinds of things :).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

actually, my mod does increase it to 5, but it's likely CMH is hard changing it to 4 after my mod.
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Sorry guys, but I've just got a new job, and I'm kinda flooded with stuff.

I understand this mod might be considered pretty simple to people who know how to code, but I'm no programmer, so every little change does take me quite a bit of effort to test and verify that it works.

Best case scenario is for bobingabout to take it over if he would like to (given that this mod is basically to give an end-game to his mod) otherwise I'm happy for someone else to take over.

I can't stress how much fun it has been, and its been quite fulfilling to see that there are players out there that appreciate my work.

Thanks all.

Kiu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiu »

CMH wrote:Sorry guys, but I've just got a new job, and I'm kinda flooded with stuff.

I understand this mod might be considered pretty simple to people who know how to code, but I'm no programmer, so every little change does take me quite a bit of effort to test and verify that it works.

Best case scenario is for bobingabout to take it over if he would like to (given that this mod is basically to give an end-game to his mod) otherwise I'm happy for someone else to take over.

I can't stress how much fun it has been, and its been quite fulfilling to see that there are players out there that appreciate my work.

Thanks all.
I could help (at least a litte bit) if you like (eg. rocket silo bug).
I was thinking about something similar to your mod, small balancing changes, especially when using bobs with other stuff like spacex.
Maybe I could at least fix some minor things here introduced by new features in factorio/bobs (like the rocket stuff), and/or use it as a base if this would be OK for you.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

Kiu, it sounds like he is asking if anyone wants to take over, so by all means jump on it if you want.
Personally i think some of these changes would be nice as a base bobs mods...

On the other hand, a version of this would be nice for 0.16...

Kiu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kiu »

Hi, I started working on those things (including some mod-to-mod-compartibility), but I have alot to do at work right now, so I don't think I'll be able to do much for the next one or two months
Maybe I'll put the stuff on github or the like...

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

I looked into it, but frankly the license has kept me away. Giving it a proper one for collaboration and putting it on github would be first steps for anyone to be able to help or take over.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

I'm back into Factorio.

I just re-played vanilla (oh, so many changes! Nuclear power! Yeah!), I need to re-play a bit of bob's first to see what has changed.

edit:

I've just taken a quick look, and it seems bob has done what this mod was supposed to do. I can see how I can put my spin on the end-game, but the need is no longer there.

To clarify a few points: I'm no longer working on this mod, I revoke any licensing restrictions so if anyone wants to continue working on this, go ahead.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

aw i really liked how you added NaOH to oil. is it really fixed and i am just dumb ? we have too much NaOH and no chlorine for plastic.

Return to “Bob's mods”