[MOD 0.15.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Post by CMH »

@bobingabout: Thanks. I suspected you might have made some changes.

@Coppermine: I don't mind making my mod more compatible with other mods, as long as the issues are pointed out to me, as you have done. I'll have a look at what Angel's mod does to the recipe.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

any estimates on when the end game mod might come out? this month? next month?

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Good news everybody.

I've just uploaded a loadable version of my mod.

https://mods.factorio.com/api/downloads ... 0.15.0.zip

Now, I'm expecting issues, and I will have to also play through it to see if everything is balanced. I'll also be checking here to see if there's any issues people have come up with, so post here with any issues.

Thanks for being so patient!

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

@coppermine

I tried to try to fix it (its a mouthful I know) but I can't get angel's mods and bob's mods to work together. Seems like some issue with the steel/titanium/etc pipes.

I have installed the dependencies (the minimal dependencies) and have everything updated.

Tell me if you have this same issue. Or the other alternative is that I incorporate your little mod into this mod.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Post by npuldon »

@Coppermine Just give CMH the small mod you made to overwrite the nitric acid in angels and he can incorporate those lines of code into his mod. problem solved.

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

CMH wrote:@coppermine

I tried to try to fix it (its a mouthful I know) but I can't get angel's mods and bob's mods to work together. Seems like some issue with the steel/titanium/etc pipes.

I have installed the dependencies (the minimal dependencies) and have everything updated.

Tell me if you have this same issue. Or the other alternative is that I incorporate your little mod into this mod.
Thanks for trying. Angel's mods are still in something of a state of flux post-0.15 so I guess you got unlucky with whatever combination of versions you were trying.

Mod portal is down right now so I can't test your new version yet. Will let you know when I do.

The code I was using to resolve the issue was just one line in data-updates.lua:

Code: Select all

angelsmods.functions.OV.remove_input("rocket-fuel", "liquid-nitric-acid")
You would probably want to use the bobsmods version of the recipe altering function, not Angel's, which I believe is

bobmods.lib.recipe.remove_ingredient("rocket-fuel", "liquid-nitric-acid")
(I checked the implementation and it should silently do nothing if nitric acid is not an ingredient, which is what we want)

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Thanks. It was exactly what I wrote into my code already, but couldn't get Angels and Bob's to even run together.

I'll post it up now as v 15.1 for everyone's convenience. Let me know if this fixes it.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Alright, its posted.

Also updated the rocket changes only mod for 0.15. Same Angel's changes are added to that, so let me know if there's issues.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

And then I'll go and break it all by releasing my own take on it, eventually~
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

bobingabout wrote:And then I'll go and break it all by releasing my own take on it, eventually~
I will just wait for the third mod made by someone else, that is a 'merge' of both Bob's and CMH changes :P

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

CMH wrote:I'll post it up now as v 15.1 for everyone's convenience. Let me know if this fixes it.
(I'm using CMHMod Bob's End Game 0.15.0 right now, which is what these comments are based on)

You're close, but there are a few things that need to be tweaked.

In info.json you need an optional dependency on angelspetrochem to ensure that you load after it.

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.15.0", "bobplates >= 0.15.0", "bobelectronics >= 0.15.0", "bobpower >= 0.15.0", "bobores >= 0.15.0", "boblibrary >= 0.15.0", "? bobmodules >= 0.15.0",  "? bobtech >= 0.15.0", "? bobwarfare >= 0.15.0", "? angelspetrochem"]
In technology-updates.lua you are checking for an item nitric acid, but it's a fluid, not an item. Should be

if data.raw.fluid["liquid-nitric-acid"] then
Lastly, that technology-updates.lua is being loaded from data.lua, but it needs to be data-updates.lua so that it takes effect after Angel's changes.

Thanks for working on this :D.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Coppermine wrote:Should be

I don't know if Angel changes it, but in bob's mods it is data.raw.fluid["nitric-acid"]

I don't know if the modding community made up their own standard or the like, but from what I can tell from the base game, there is no prefix or suffix for liquids, just state it's name

You could argue that a -gas suffix could exist, because the only gas in the game (before steam) was petroleum-gas. now is also steam, with no -gas suffix.
I also have a Patreon.

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

bobingabout wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Should be

I don't know if Angel changes it, but in bob's mods it is data.raw.fluid["nitric-acid"]
Yes, Angel changes it. He adds 'liquid-' or 'gas-' prefix to all fluids.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Its 1:30am and I just spent the weekend moving, so I'll fix it up tomorrow.

edit: Had slight issue with mods update, but its up now.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

CMH wrote:Its 1:30am and I just spent the weekend moving, so I'll fix it up tomorrow.

edit: Had slight issue with mods update, but its up now.
Yeah, I spent quite a while last night trying to upload my mods, the service wasn't very responsive.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I notice that rocket fuel now is only solid fuel and nitroglycerin.
Since you now add a dependency to petrochem, you recipe overwrites any change Angel did before.

Instead of setting an hardcoded recipe, you should use bob's functions to add/remove/replace the ingredients so, the more sadistic of us, can have your changes together with angels, that is, also keep the dimethylhydrazine and hydrazine.

That is, I would expect on a bob only run to have solid fuel and Nitroglycerin but on a Bob/Petrochem Nitroglycerin, dimethylhydrazine and hydrazine and maybe, if its supported, the solid fuel. If the 4th (solid) ingredient is not supported, drop the solid fuel then.

Just my opinion, if you think its too much, I will just add the change to my customized changes mod
(yes, I am being very sadistic and changing my game to have so hard recipes and hard rules that it will give me hundreds of hours of gameplay or just rage and never finish it :P).

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Hm... That's an issue I didn't foresee. I couldn't test run it with Angel's because for some reason I can't run both bob's and angel's together (and I'm guessing its just me).

I'll try and see if I can resolve the problem, otherwise we'll be going back and forth with this issue, since I can't check for bugs.

edit: I really can't figure it out. I've got angel's infinite ores, refining and petrochem together with bob's suite, but I can't get it to load.

I get this, before I even add in my mod.

Coppermine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Coppermine »

I posted in the Angel's bugs thread about your loading problem. (Just in case anyone else comes here with the same problem: I think you just need to add boblogistics).

The reason my tests didn't give the same results as your new version is that you moved recipe-updates.lua to data-updates.lua as well as technology-updates.lua (I only moved the latter). This does make sense, given the name of the file, but, as nagapito points out, the way you're changing the rocket fuel recipe there is overwriting Angel's changes. If you're just setting a recipe outright rather than tweaking it then that code probably belongs in (something used by) data.lua

So, in short I suggest you either move the rocket fuel ingredients change from recipe-updates.lua to recipes.lua or use the bob's functions as nagapito suggests.

Hope the move went well at the weekend. We all appreciate your modding work, but don't let it interfere with your Real Life if you're busy ;).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

steel-pipe should be added by my logistics mod. I can't speak for the latest versions, but I know 0.14 versions of angels mods didn't actually check if anything exists, and just assumes everything it needs exists, which could cause this error.

But, oil-refinery-2 is also added by my assembly mod, so I'm not sure what's going on here.
I also have a Patreon.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Well... its kinda weird the client wants to disable petrochem twice.... but ok

Sadly, Petrochem has no hard dependency for bob's logistic mods, so it doesnt give a proper error when you try to load it.

When you point it to Angel, he says that its on the site, full bob's suit required.... Yeah... Not the most correct way of doing it!

Return to “Bob's mods”