[MOD 0.15.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Post by CMH »

I saw the code for marathon, again, shouldn't be any issues. Same with the science cost overhaul.

Dytech I haven't seen if anyone's wondering.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Also, given that the synthetic wood removal is a possible issue for a few mods (I believe angel's require synthetic wood, I'm not sure), I will be reversing that with the next update.

There's another mod that does the same thing.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Quick update

New Version Up
Version 0.2.3

Changes:
Gold Extraction from Electrum is now available from the start. This is an ADDED recipe as a simple alternative to the previous gold extraction process and is designed to be of a very low/slow yield, but can be hand crafted.
Advanced Gold Extraction from Electrum is the old recipe.
Synthetic Wood is back. There were some (minor) bugs implementing the removal, and there's a working mod out there doing the same thing, so I reimplemented it in this mod. Again, no need to change the production line, but recipes will need to be changed.
BobPower removed as a dependency.
Last edited by CMH on Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks CMH
I'm using synthetic wood for grinding wheels crafting
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

No problem.

Although you should still be able to do it in the previous version since all I did was change all production of synthetic wood to produce wood instead.

Gladaed
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gladaed »

Your nickel override doesn't work anymore (all of bobs mods & CMHMod suffices to create the bug)

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Thanks for reporting. Will look into a fix this weekend.

edit: had a quick look. Seems to be working fine, although I just noticed the names were switched (the ore that you mined should be Lead/nickel ore, and the one in inventory should be just plain lead ore). Will be fixed on the next version.

Also, the option to spawn nickel doesn't come up on a new game (as intended). I will need to walk around a lot more to see if any spawns.

If this is not the issue you are reporting please let me know.

Gladaed
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gladaed »

I assumed you had recipies for nickel extraction from other ores but i just noticed the are zinc only.

My Bad. But, to me, they look EXACTY the same. I got no chance to differentiate. (and i appearently toggled off galena gives nickel)

Suggestion: grab a chemistry book and figure out how to get rid of the ugly dual ore galena/nickel by adding more recipies.

Gladaed
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gladaed »

I'd suggest adding another advanced copper processing, which yields nickel as nickel is primarily gained by refining of nickel/copper bearing iron ore. (also copper could use another advanced processing)

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

I was thinking of stretching the realms of reality and adding an iron/copper advanced processing. Could add nickel to the mix too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Have a Sticky.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Wow, I must be doing something right lol.

Thanks.

p.s. Damn, I thought I had a honor of being the first non-bobingabout thread that's been stickied in the Bob's Mods subforum.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

CMH wrote:p.s. Damn, I thought I had a honor of being the first non-bobingabout thread that's been stickied in the Bob's Mods subforum.
3rd I think. First was Ath's bobtweaks mod, and then the boblocale mod.
I also have a Patreon.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Is this ready to go with .14 if I just change out the factorio version # in the info.json?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Unless a mod adds, or mods a vehicle (Tank, train, etc) then it SHOULD be safe to just brand it 0.14, and it should work.
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Well, I put a 0.14 version out last night with no changes, other than to allow it to load for 0.14.

See the mod portal or the first post of this thread for the link.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Post by CMH »

CMHModBobEndGame released.

This version only has changes to the rocket - for those who don't wish to have the extra recipes, or changed recipes.

Stay tuned for the next part of the mod that deals with only extra recipes, and another for changed recipes.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

CMH wrote:CMHModBobEndGame released.

This version only has changes to the rocket - for those who don't wish to have the extra recipes, or changed recipes.

Stay tuned for the next part of the mod that deals with only extra recipes, and another for changed recipes.
YES. Though I think bob should make this redundant. The rocket is so anticlimatic with standard it is not even funny ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TheTom wrote:
CMH wrote:CMHModBobEndGame released.

YES. Though I think bob should make this redundant. The rocket is so anticlimatic with standard it is not even funny ;)
Eventually, I might.

Better integration of my mods into the base game is on the list of things to do... I just need to find time to do it. This is why I support mods like CMHMod, and Athmagor's Bobtweaks.

Well... Support isn't exactly the right word... that would suggest I play a more active role in the project, it would be more accurate to say I approve of, and encourage them.
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

TheTom wrote: YES. Though I think bob should make this redundant. The rocket is so anticlimatic with standard it is not even funny ;)
That is totally unfair on Bob. He sees a need for something in the base game, and creates a mod to fill it (more ores, more recipes, etc). Now, this creates a need for something else, and I create a mod for it. Someone else might see something else missing, and create yet another mod. It is endless and the beauty of being part of the PC masterrace and our access to modding in games.

Should he add something like this to his mod? Maybe. But TBH, what I'm doing is ridiculously simple, and might not have crossed his mind to do it; a completely different end-game might be on his sights and may not involve just throwing massive amounts of resources into a "project" that has no yield/timeframe/risks/etc.

bobingabout wrote: Well... Support isn't exactly the right word... that would suggest I play a more active role in the project, it would be more accurate to say I approve of, and encourage them.
Well, you did give me pointers at the start of this. That's support right?

Although I do accept any pointers and constructive criticism, as well as pointing out issues with other mods (and will try to fix them if possible). Although with my decision to make it modular I'm suddenly a bit free-er in what I feel I'm allowed to do with it.

Return to “Bob's mods”