Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

eberkain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12

Post by eberkain »

So, the Oil Refinery seems to be about the only thing that does not have multiple tiers, or am I just not finding the new tiers?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

refineries aren't the only things: small pumps, offshore pumps, radars...
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Animar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Animar »

bobingabout wrote:
Fuxy wrote:I'm getting Unknown key: "autoplace-controll-names.bauxite-ore" etc for all bob's mods item names in factorio 0.12.11.

Is anyone else running into this issue?
It's a known issue with Factorio 0.12.11.

It only happens if you run out of zip files. if you extract these into folders instead it fixes the issue.
Thanks a lot, that was driving me nuts because I had to update from 12.10 to 12.11 as I started to use the landfill mod. Didn'd even thought about unziping the mods at all.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

it's fixed in 0.12.12

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pixel Fusion wrote:I'm getting a _boblibrary_/recipe-functions.lua:4 attempt to index field ' ? ' (a nil value).

Using Factorio version 0.12.12
bobassembly 12.6
bobconfig 12.1
bobelectronics 12.5
boblibrary 12.2
boblogistics 12.7
bobmining 12.3
bobmodules 12.8
bobores 12.6
bobplates 12.9
bobpower 12.6
bobtech 12.3
bobwarfare 12.8

*edit* Looks like there's some kind of conflict with Yuoki-engines 0.1.7, game loads up fine if i remove that mod
Looking back at this issue, it is caused by Bob Electronics calling something in Bob Library that the game doesn't like when interacting with Yuoki's recipes.... when function bobmods.lib.replace_item_all_recipes (old, new) is called.

it seems to crash when passing the recipe name into data.raw.recipe[recipe], which would sugest the recipe doesn't exist (But it just got the recipe name from indexing data.raw.recipe then passing data.raw.recipe[#].name to the next function. So between grabbing the name, and trying to use it, something fails)

I can fix the issue by checking if data.raw.recipe[recipe] exists before trying to index it, inside the function, but that's like... overkill.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Changes: - 7th November 2015
Plates 0.12.10:
Changed colour of Alien Acid fluid slightly to better match the icon colour.

Tech 0.12.4:
Update tag for lab speed.

Modules 0.12.9:
Update tag for lab speed.
Changed recipe catagory of Electronic boards from Crafting to Electronics if the catagory exists. (so they can be used in the Electronics machines)

config 0.12.2:
Fix infinite ores error.

Library 0.12.3:
Fixed silly error in electronics mod by not checking if an effect exists on a technology before trying to index it.
Fixed compatabillity with Yuoki Engines 1.7 by making the recipe functions a bit more robust.

Ores 0.12.7:
Removed migration script.
Tweaked a few variables for rare ores to make them slightly more reliable. (Silver, gold, nickel, cobalt)

Assemly 0.12.7:
Reballanced Electronics machines.
Changed recipe catagory of copper cable, and wires from Crafting to Electronics. (so they can be used in the Electronics machines)

Electronics 0.12.6:
Changed recipe catagory of cables, wires and solder from Crafting to Electronics. (so they can be used in the Electronics machines)
I also have a Patreon.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Hmm. I guess I wait for the next release.

I don't see the point in getting any of the new versions.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kiba wrote:Hmm. I guess I wait for the next release.

I don't see the point in getting any of the new versions.
This was mostly just a bugfix/ballanging release. You only really need these if you do one of the following:
Use Yuoki mods.
Use Electronic Assembling machines.
Use Infinite ores.
Have trouble finding Gold.

I'll hopefully be working on new content for next time.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Todays release... More enemies!!!

Enemies v0.12.6:
* Fire/Poison cloud fix
* Added Titan Spitter/Biter
* Added Badass behemoth Spitter/Biter
* Big Biter now stops spawning to make room for the new enemies.

Warfare v0.12.9:
* Nerf tank shotgun ammo Range (2/3) and Damage (80%)
* Re-ballance tank Laser weapon fire rate (133%) and Damage (80%, still 166% of the rifle)
* Added Explosive artillery shell.
* Fire/Poison cloud fix
* Buff all laser ammos (+50% or more damage)

The fire/poison cloud fix means you have to use the updated version of both these mods together... you can't mix old with new else it will crash on load.

Badass Behemoth is something a little tougher than the base game Behemoth version.
Titan is something between my previous highest tier "Biggest", and the new highest tier "Badass Behemoth".

The attack power of that Badass Behemoth Spitter is nasty.
I also have a Patreon.

1ronbank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 1ronbank »

What is the most recent stable release for all of Bobs mods?

Getting lots of errors with 12.18 on load.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Go here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 51&t=13919
Version numbers for each mod is listed as part of the download link for the latest version.
do NOT download Elecoveride. if you use it with the latest mods you will get errors (It's for the older versions before Bob's Electronics mod was introduced to replace it.)
If you use Warfare and Enemies, make sure that they are both the latest versions, 0.12.6 for enemies and 0.12.9 for warfare, using a new one with an old one will get errors.

If you have further errors, let me know.
I also have a Patreon.

1ronbank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 1ronbank »

Hi Bob o7

Thanks for the explanation!

Elecoveride was the issue.

♥ U 8-)

niklaswilson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by niklaswilson »

Ok so I got all of bob's mods and then found it it needed all of the another mod, so now that I have that mod collection.... It apparently needs some tree farm mod. Could someone please tell me where to find the tree farm mod?

Could someone confirm that this is infact the correct tree farm mod? https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=14&t=522

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

niklaswilson wrote:Ok so I got all of bob's mods and then found it it needed all of the another mod, so now that I have that mod collection.... It apparently needs some tree farm mod. Could someone please tell me where to find the tree farm mod?

Could someone confirm that this is infact the correct tree farm mod? https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=14&t=522
That is the treefarm mod. however, there are 2 things I should mention.

1. It hasn't been updated to work with 0.12.11 and later versions of the game yet as far as I know.
2. You don't actually need it. If you start in a forested area, that will keep you going untill you research plastics, at which point you can make synthetic wood, and modify the parts of your electronic factory that require wood to use it.
I also have a Patreon.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

I think he was referring to the dependancy, which he might not realize is an optional dependancy.

thirst4combat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thirst4combat »

I had this game for only 20 hours and I'm loving everything about it, but i want to try some of Bob's Mods. I downloaded them and dragged the zip file in the mods folder. But when i opened the game they appeared red and did not work. The dependencies were red and said Base<=0.12.0. I downloaded the latest versions and still don;t know what to do. I know that I am new and probably did something wrong, but can anyone please help me.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

you are not sing the 0.12 experimental releases. you can get them here https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

niklaswilson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by niklaswilson »

bobingabout wrote:That is the treefarm mod. however, there are 2 things I should mention.
1. It hasn't been updated to work with 0.12.11 and later versions of the game yet as far as I know.
2. You don't actually need it. If you start in a forested area, that will keep you going untill you research plastics, at which point you can make synthetic wood, and modify the parts of your electronic factory that require wood to use it.
Yea i figured out it was not working for the newest version, and I have been doing exactly that making synthetic wood, thank you.
Timeslice wrote:I think he was referring to the dependency, which he might not realize is an optional dependency.
You are right, i did not know it was optional until seeing in another form someone explaining the hard and soft dependency to a mod creator.
thirst4combat wrote:I had this game for only 20 hours and I'm loving everything about it, but i want to try some of Bob's Mods. I downloaded them and dragged the zip file in the mods folder. But when i opened the game they appeared red and did not work. The dependencies were red and said Base<=0.12.0. I downloaded the latest versions and still don;t know what to do. I know that I am new and probably did something wrong, but can anyone please help me.
Took me awhile to find that as well the link kinnom provided is what you want.

thirst4combat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thirst4combat »

Thank you so much for the quick response and the understanding of my situation. The experimental version worked and now i can play with Bob's Mods. Thanks to both of you. Now I know Bob's Mods don't require these mods (landfill,tree collision, day night extender, more light) but when i installed these i could not run a world and got this message /control.lua:28: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value). I tried unzipping them but that didn't work. Sorry I'm asking for help again, but any advice on what to do? Thank you.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

thirst4combat wrote:Thank you so much for the quick response and the understanding of my situation. The experimental version worked and now i can play with Bob's Mods. Thanks to both of you. Now I know Bob's Mods don't require these mods (landfill,tree collision, day night extender, more light) but when i installed these i could not run a world and got this message /control.lua:28: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value). I tried unzipping them but that didn't work. Sorry I'm asking for help again, but any advice on what to do? Thank you.
The mods that have that error are due to changes made in 0.12.11, which break a lot of mods, requiring them to be re-written. If a mod says that it means it hasn't been updated to work with the latest experimental version of the game yet.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”