Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12

Post by bobingabout »

I didn't write the translations for German, or Russian myself, but it's worth getting the devs to take a look at it. (See if it's the mod, the game, etc)

Do you know what mods are effected?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I updated game to 0.12.11 and lost locale from most of mods - plates, ores and power at least have missing locale keys in english.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sounds like an issue with 0.12.11.... best read the changelog see if it's an issue on their side or mine.

EDIT: Yeah, I tried to update my game, and it won't let me, I'm still stuck on 0.12.9 (Obviously they didn't fix the 0.12.10 update issues people were having)

so, testing will be delayed.

EDIT2: Tested a few things. It looks like there is a change that isn't mentioned. the locale file now has to be the same name as the mod.

Temporary DIY fix: (Extract the mod if you're using it in the zip file then) Open the mod's locale/en (And de or ru if you use those languages) and rename the locale file from names.cfg to the mod's name, EG boblogistics.cfg for my logistics mod.

This should fix the issue.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I decided today is updates day.

I renamed the locale files for the mods I've updated today, so some of the locale errors introduced in 0.12.11 should go away, but not all.
As for the rest of the mods, I'll leave those un-fixed for now, see what Korverax says about the issue before fixing it myself.

Key features:
Added Alien Alloys and Fluids to MCI for use in Warfare Ammo recipes.
Reworked Accumulators.
Added a new type of assembling machine designed to make electronics cheaper and faster.
Added more tanks!

Changes:
Assembly machines 0.12.5:
Added new Electronics crafting catagory. Add it to Player and all assembly machines.
Added new Electronics machine crafting catagory. Add it to all assembly machines.
Electronics are now made using the Electronics or Electronics machine crafting categories if are not previously set by the electronics mod.
Updated machine category to use functions. now requires library mod 0.12.2.
Added a series of 2x2 Electronics assembly machines. Able to craft Electronics recipes.

config 0.12.1:
Added options for split merged module options.

Electronics 0.12.5:
Added new Electronics crafting catagory. Add it to Player and all assembly machines.
Added new Electronics machine crafting catagory. Add it to all assembly machines.
Electronics are now made using the Electronics or Electronics machine crafting categories.

library 0.12.2:
Added some Category functions.

Modules 0.12.8:
Split merged modules files to allow Green, Raw Speed and Raw Production to be turned on independantly.

Plates mod 0.12.9:
Added Alien Alloys and fluids made using coloured Alien Artifacts.

Power mod 0.12.6:
Reballance new accumulators (and recipes). high capacity costs more batteries, fast and slow cost more circuits.
High Capacity: Double capacity, same charge and discharge speed.
Fast: 80% capacity, same charge speed, quadruple discharge speed.
Slow: 80% capacity, same charge speed, 1/8 discharge speed (Lasts all night long)
There is no longer a MK2 or MK3 basic accumulator. Migration script will convert any existing in an old save into Slow Accumulators.

warfare 0.12.8:
Updated recipes to use alien alloys and fluids if available.
Added Tank MK2 and MK3.
Added "Scatter cannon shells" that function like shotgun ammo.
Added Tank Artillery Cannon to MK2 and MK3 tanks.
Added Poison Artilliery shell that acts like a poison capsule, with big area damage.
Added Tank Laser weapon to MK3 tanks.
Added Artillery upgrade research.

Clock 0.12.1:
Updated to work with Factorio v0.12.11
I also have a Patreon.

Fuxy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fuxy »

I'm getting Unknown key: "autoplace-controll-names.bauxite-ore" etc for all bob's mods item names in factorio 0.12.11.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fuxy wrote:I'm getting Unknown key: "autoplace-controll-names.bauxite-ore" etc for all bob's mods item names in factorio 0.12.11.

Is anyone else running into this issue?
It's a known issue with Factorio 0.12.11.

It only happens if you run out of zip files. if you extract these into folders instead it fixes the issue.
I also have a Patreon.

Pixel Fusion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pixel Fusion »

I'm getting a _boblibrary_/recipe-functions.lua:4 attempt to index field ' ? ' (a nil value).

Using Factorio version 0.12.12
bobassembly 12.6
bobconfig 12.1
bobelectronics 12.5
boblibrary 12.2
boblogistics 12.7
bobmining 12.3
bobmodules 12.8
bobores 12.6
bobplates 12.9
bobpower 12.6
bobtech 12.3
bobwarfare 12.8

*edit* Looks like there's some kind of conflict with Yuoki-engines 0.1.7, game loads up fine if i remove that mod

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

One of the unfortunate things about the library mod is that the error becomes a little less useful. in fact the error you reported is almost useless to me :lol: could you list any other lines in the error message ,or perhaps even provide a screenshot?

Though, what I can gather from the line is that there's a recipe issue somewhere, most likely youki changes something, or disabled something that one of my mods is trying to reference.

I suppose I could adjust the library so that if something doesn't exist it just fails and drops out instead of crashing.
I also have a Patreon.

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

dammit, can't start the Game cause this keeps showing up.
http://imgur.com/HDJbJ1Q

I don't know that much about Lua (i'm happy that i can make my own mods) but i know that the File it's searching for does not exist... for whatever reason.
so, what's the Problem?

Pixel Fusion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pixel Fusion »

Thats the only error that pops up when attempting to start up factorio. I checked YI engines thread and it seems that 0.1.6 version works (with script.on edits), but when he added/changed some recipes for 0.1.7 that error comes up.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The file bobplates/prototypes/category.lua should exist. if it doesn't, try redownloading the mod.

As for Yuoki, I'll try to make time to take a look at that.
I also have a Patreon.

Pixel Fusion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pixel Fusion »

Thanks! Your mods are awesome btw. :D

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

bobingabout wrote:..., try redownloading the mod.
I hate it when it's to Simple to solve a problem, but i have to say... i was an Idiot for not Trying to FIRST redownload the mod (that's like on of the First rules of Modding/Mod using) before saying something on the Thread.

I have to thank you. it works now, kinda...
and no, redownloading does not work, i tried that. :?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The first one... what the hell? Why is that migration script even still in there?
If you want the new ores to apear on an old game manually run this command
/c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")

The second error.... it is trying to access something that doesn't exist in my mods anymore, and I'm not sure why.... I'm not even sure what mod calls that on line 24, all my mods that call it call it on line 1 if they do.

basically, just ignore it, it should work fine anyway.
I also have a Patreon.

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

...why am i such an idiot?
I tested it with an Vanilla Save-game.
*sigh* ignore my last post, it dumb.
also, i got Bored an did a thing with the Textures

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Proxy wrote:...why am i such an idiot?
I tested it with an Vanilla Save-game.
*sigh* ignore my last post, it dumb.
also, i got Bored an did a thing with the Textures
Don't worry about it, at least you managed to point out an errored migration script for me!
I also have a Patreon.

Thecraftydawg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thecraftydawg »

EDIT: Sigh well as sometimes happens i get the answer myself after and only after trying my best to find it on my own then asking the question. I was working under 2 wrong assumptions. 1: I thought the first download on the top of the factorio website was the latest version. You actually have to dig down a page or 2 before you get to the version of factorio that's compatable with bobs mods. 2: That the game would update to the latest version. Someone should sticky that somewhere because it seems obvious to everyone except the newcomers like me. :oops:

P.S. Here goes my first bobs mods campaign. To those who don't know me I have not had factrio for very long. I have played a little vanilla but i'm kind of skipping it. I'm a mod fanatic i just love what the modding community adds because its like I buy the game and then look around and get a whole lot of other neat stuff to play with in my game its a whole community created expansion :)

Ok please forgive me i have a noobish question. Im not new to the modding scene but i am new to how to install factorio mods. I have tried to get Bobs mods to work but im kind of stuck. Im using the latest version of factorio and all bobs mods show as red and missing dependency's even though i have installed all of them. One of the dependancies for the mods seems according to what i can figure out to be 0.12 and i have 0.11.22 which i tried updating but that did not fix the problem. I have a mining drill licence for the game so i dont know why it seems i have an earlier version of the game when i update than what is needed for playing with your mods. I also tried to look around before asking this question too so im sry if this is a question thats been answerd before but if anyone could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. :)

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

the latest version of bob's mods use the experimental releases of factorio
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Also, if you did specifically want to use the stable, there is a "[0.11.x]Bob's mods: one stop. " page, this holds the download links for the latest versions that I had before 0.12 came out.

But, yes, latest factorio is "Experimental", and when you click on the downloads page, you then have to click experimental.
Also, when you're in the game, you need to go into the options and turn on the Experimental Updates option.
I also have a Patreon.

Thecraftydawg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thecraftydawg »

bobingabout wrote:Also, if you did specifically want to use the stable, there is a "[0.11.x]Bob's mods: one stop. " page, this holds the download links for the latest versions that I had before 0.12 came out.

But, yes, latest factorio is "Experimental", and when you click on the downloads page, you then have to click experimental.
Also, when you're in the game, you need to go into the options and turn on the Experimental Updates option.
Good to know :) My thanks.

Return to “Bob's mods”