Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12

Post by UberWaffe »

Hi, Bobingabout.

The following is somewhat off-topic, in that it is about modding your mods, rather than your mods themselves:
OffTopic

rinaf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rinaf »

Ty for the sneaky 0.12 release. :)

I downloaded the most recent dropbox version but the Solar Panels implemented by your mods seem to not give power to my power network. :(

screen
Last edited by rinaf on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

UberWaffe wrote:See the attached image for the error message "no such node (type)".
All attack_parameters now need a type tag.
add the line type = "projectile", imediately after the first { in your attack_parameters redefinition.

I presume it is to diferentiate the old attack perameters type from the new beam lasers that the combat drones are supposed to use, but I havn't looked at their code yet to know for sure.
rinaf wrote:I downloaded the most recent dropbox version but the Solar Panels implemented by your mods seem to not give power to my power network. :(
I guess I'll look into it, it is possible they made a sneaky change to solar panel definition that I missed.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

bobingabout wrote:
UberWaffe wrote:See the attached image for the error message "no such node (type)".
add the line type = "projectile", imediately after the first { in your attack_parameters redefinition.

I presume it is to diferentiate the old attack perameters type from the new beam lasers that the combat drones are supposed to use, but I havn't looked at their code yet to know for sure.
Ah! Many many thanks! I had completely misunderstood that error message then.

EDIT:
@Bobingabout.

If you haven't already found the solar panel thing, it is this:

Code: Select all

energy_source =
    {
      type = "electric",
      usage_priority = "solar"
    },
Tested by updating it on your solar panels, and they then work.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'll change solar priority for the next release then. Please report and other issues or problems you see.
I also have a Patreon.

rinaf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rinaf »

UberWaffe wrote: If you haven't already found the solar panel thing, it is this:

energy_source =
    {
      type = "electric",
      usage_priority = "solar"
    },
Thank you! fixed it for me too and now i can actually use the 1k large solar panels i produced. :D

callmewoof
Inserter
Inserter

Post by callmewoof »

bobingabout wrote:Winrar apears to have gone downhill since the release of the new rar5 format. as in, you get better results from the older rar software creating standard rar files than you do with the rar5 software, the new rar archives are bigger, like they're not compressed properly.
Oh, that explains it. My winrar version is a few years old. HAHA! Who knew. :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Although I have fixed this in my working files, I broke something else, so It isn't in a state I'm comfortable releasing today. so, no new updates for today.
I also have a Patreon.

phmarriel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by phmarriel »

UberWaffe wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

Ah! Many many thanks! I had completely misunderstood that error message then.

EDIT:
@Bobingabout.

If you haven't already found the solar panel thing, it is this:

energy_source =
    {
      type = "electric",
      usage_priority = "solar"
    },
where should i enter these lines for the solar tech?
really dont know much about modding :(

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

EDITED:

Here is a link to a hotfix. Just add this mod to your mods folder, and it will fix the solar panels in bobpower.
*EDITED: This is no longer needed. Bob has released a new version that renders this hotfix obsolete.*

Once Bobingabout releases his official updated version, this hotfix should no longer be needed. But keeping it in your mods folder shouldn't break anything either.

*Note: If anyone has downloaded the previous fix I put up (an entire zip of an updated bobpower), rather get this hotfix instead.

@Bobingabout: If this is not acceptable, I apologize and will remove it. I will also remove the link once an official version is out.
Last edited by UberWaffe on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

I know this is not directly related with bob's mods, but...
What are the priorities for electric generators? I want to "mod" my accumulators to produce with a higher priority than steam engines, but lower than solar panels... Any ideas?

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

CorrettoSambuca wrote:I know this is not directly related with bob's mods, but...
What are the priorities for electric generators? I want to "mod" my accumulators to produce with a higher priority than steam engines, but lower than solar panels... Any ideas?
Off Topic

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Changing accumulators to anything toher than terciary means they can either never charge, or never discharge, because every other setting specifies either input or output, which means it only does one or the other, not both.

And yes, Although your little fix won't be needed for long, it is acceptable, even welcomed that people create little mods that mod my mods like that. I do prefer them over people posting modded versions of my mod.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Actually you can do that, you need custom steam engines on priority 3 (2->3), Solars are 1 no change and accumulators priority 2 (3->2) so you charge them with solar panels and discharge when solar power is low, and if they are depleted or insufficient, steam engines kick in.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Just waiting for your mods to be updated so I can start a 0.12 playthrough.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

0.12 is good without mods too. 0.13 will be even better.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

cpy wrote:0.12 is good without mods too. 0.13 will be even better.
Bah, once I tried Bob's I can't play without it. I'll try some other mods this time (nope, I'll stay wait for Bob's). There are quite a few vanilla things I'd love changed xD

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

I'll be honest.
I started a playthrough with the .12 Bob's Mods version posted earlier in this thread, and I hit a huge difficulty spike when I needed to produce the advanced circuits... The white, annoying-to-produce ones.
It took me two hours to get them running, not counting all the bits and bobs I got sidetracked in, and I still have a non-expandable 4 assemblers line for them, that really looks like it won't support much production at all.
My question is this: Am I doing something wrong? Is it intended?
more blabber

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

CorrettoSambuca wrote:I'll be honest.
I started a playthrough with the .12 Bob's Mods version posted earlier in this thread, and I hit a huge difficulty spike when I needed to produce the advanced circuits... The white, annoying-to-produce ones.
It took me two hours to get them running, not counting all the bits and bobs I got sidetracked in, and I still have a non-expandable 4 assemblers line for them, that really looks like it won't support much production at all.
My question is this: Am I doing something wrong? Is it intended?
more blabber
You sir are not alone in this. It's really hard to get the circuits to be made and expandable. What I've found out in 0.11 after 80hours of gameplay is that robots are better to produce bob's circuits than belts.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

That's why you play bob remember?

Return to “Bob's mods”