Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Post by iamwyza »

bobingabout wrote:Unfortunately, It will download everything, including the previous versions of the mods currently still in the folder. you can delete those manually afterwards though.
Yeah.....hopefully the changes to the mod system in .13+ will help alleviate this.

Alternatively, perhaps you could have 2 dropbox folders? 1 for current and 1 for previous? Then the download all option would work great!

Thanks for this modset it's amazing ;)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I read somewhere that you were adding water patches like oil. (But can't find it right now.)

Here is some of my thoughts on it, though might already have been mentioned, since I cant' find it as mentioned....

I love the idea, since currently water is a none resource really. One 1x1 dot of water is all you need in the entire game.
Have the water patches dissipate once depleted, not like oil be infinite.

Make fresh water and salt water. Fresh water, or clean/normal ,is what is used in the current recipes. Make it hard to get get fresh water from salt water. Like needs to be boiled and so forth, causing additional pollution and fuel requirements.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I really should add an option for depleatable fluids, right now (in my wrking copy) I have them act pretty much just like oil, though the values are all tweaked. I have Lithia water and "Ground water" (which is normal water) right now, but then I haven't added in the salt/pure water stuff yet.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Benie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Benie »

Is there a mod that adds longer underground belts? I could've sworn from a friend's factory, he had really long underground sections of belts, and was using this mod pack.
I need to know which mod it is.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

This could help: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24684

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Benie wrote:Is there a mod that adds longer underground belts? I could've sworn from a friend's factory, he had really long underground sections of belts, and was using this mod pack.
I need to know which mod it is.
One of bob's mods makes faster belts go farther underground. yellows still have the same length.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

is there a way to be able to use 5dimm plates for bob's/bob's plates for 5dimm's recipes? It's really annoying having both mods and having to do two seperate processes for the same thing D:
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

bobingabout wrote:
Hannu wrote:You should consider is basic electronic board really needed in lamp recipe instead of basic circuit board. I like lamps and would like to use them immediately after electricity. It takes many annoying nights before electronic production can begin and after that there are many other needs for valuable electronic circuits too. Incandescent lamps are very simple and old technology in real life too. For example compared to even most simple automatic inserter or assembling machine.
Actually, old style bulbs use a tungsten filament, which is hard to mine :P
Though you're right, they probably should use the easier to make electronics board.
As of the latest version you still have lamps using electronic board instead of circuit board. Can that be changed to the circuit board please?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Argh, yes please, I spent so many hours in the dark ._.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Bob's mods”