Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12

Post by Timeslice »

If you're using Dytech then the water bore does give you dirty water. Also you'll find that water from a well in real life is going to be very clean.

SantaKlau
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SantaKlau »

Hey there,

i wanted to test this Mod yesterday in the Multiplayer with my friend, but at the point we wanted to science the Bullet Damage one, the Game was Crashing completely.

The problem is, i cant find the LOG file anymore.

The Mods we have used were:

Bobs, Library, Mining, Ore, MCI, Electronics, Assembly Machines, Modules, Power, Logistics, Warfare, Tech and Clock.

And Wai_Tex 0.9.0

Landfill Lite

Lootable Rocks

Greetz

Santa

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I can't say how compatable my mod is with multiplayer, however, due to the complete absence of scripts, it is likely either a base game issue, or one of the other mods.

Without a log file though, or even more specific information on what you were doing when it crashed, if you did something specific etc... there's not a lot I can do.

Log file is in the Game's base directory I think.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

hey, i love this set of mods and use it all the time now, i was wondering if it would be possible to change the icons for the area miners so they are easy to tell difference from normal miners, also mabe put a number on the normal and area miners so they change be seen?

hardviper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Post by hardviper »

The download links are down. :-(

Emotivedruid28
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emotivedruid28 »

Down for me also FYI

Edit: Back up now yay!

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Porter65 »

A general question: has anybody managed to escape the planet on a rocket with this mod? The complexity of the logistic chain is overwhelming to me!!! :shock: :)

Iamwinterborn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Iamwinterborn »

Hello, coming back to Factorio after a long absence, using the steam version.

Can the latest versions of Bob's mods be used with the Steam version, or do I need to roll the game back to a previous version?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Although I haven't been following that closely, as far as I know there are no real mod-breaking code changes, but I'd have to look into it.
I also have a Patreon.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Iamwinterborn wrote:Hello, coming back to Factorio after a long absence, using the steam version.

Can the latest versions of Bob's mods be used with the Steam version, or do I need to roll the game back to a previous version?
I'm playing the Steam version with Bob's mods (the shadow mega pack version with the things I don't like stripped out) and it works fine.

One question I have though (which is why I looked in this thread): does someone have a flowchart or spreadsheet of what processes use things from others? My factory is a huge sprawling mess at the moment. I left space as I built it but various emergency interconnections to use by products of processes has left it looking nasty. I'm going to rebuild next to the current one but the planning is giving me a headache. How to place things to minimise the travel on belts or pipes.

Selgald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Selgald »

Hi,

so we played Bob's Mod a few days in MP and this is our base:

http://imgur.com/ZpChPO2

We used some "Not Bob's Mods":

-EvoGui
- RSO
- LandFill
- Warehousing

The whole production runs with logistic bots MK4, we have about 2,5k in the network, but since they are so fast only 500 are in use xD
It took us about 60 hours to build this, and it was pure fun all the time :)

After some time we had some problems with MP, with huge fps drops, I removed Bob's Enemies, problem gone, 20 hours later the fps lags were back, so I changed the Warehousing slots in the config so they had 1/4 of their actually space, problem gone again :) But I think we will reach the point of no return again soon ^^

Also here is a little wishlist for things I would like xD

- God Modules are extremely OP, almost no pollution anymore, and a Potato generates enough energy to run the whole base ^^
- If possible upgrades for Gun/Sniper Turrets so they get an build in logistic slot, we only used Mk5 Laser at the end cuz it looked nicer
- An even faster Inserter, then an even more faster Inserter
- Mk2 Lamps
- More aggressiv Biters? Maybe increased attacks at nighttime?
- Mk2 logistic chests (so we dont need Warehousing, cuz we produce stuff cuz we can xD)
- Mk3 Walls, maybe with integrated shields, a new way to burn energy

And thanks Bob for this awesome modpack, it made the game even more fun to play :)

Ice Forge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ice Forge »

Got a quick question regarding the tech tree access to new structures.

One thing i have found odd and im not sure if this is intentional or not but you can build almost everything in a basic burner assembler?
As an example, i can build a refinary inside a burner assembler but i cannot build it inside an electric counterpart or even the T2 Assembler, i need the tier 3 so is it an oversight that almost any structure at all are allowed to be built as that means
that i can build it before i get "automation 2" researched.

Oh and is there a possibility that you could setup a hardcore plugin that adds a small power usage on conveyor belts?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Where are you finding this basic burner assembler? It's not part of my mod.

And conveyers using electricity is not possible as far as I know. it MIGHT be possible with scripting, but Bob's mods don't use scripts. (Part of the challenge is to try and make as much stuff that people want without scripts.)
I also have a Patreon.

Ice Forge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ice Forge »

bobingabout wrote:Where are you finding this basic burner assembler? It's not part of my mod.

And conveyers using electricity is not possible as far as I know. it MIGHT be possible with scripting, but Bob's mods don't use scripts. (Part of the challenge is to try and make as much stuff that people want without scripts.)

Right, well i guess the conveyors using electricity is something to add on a request board then, as for the burner assemblers i realized they were from "no hand crafting" challenge mod :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ice Forge wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Where are you finding this basic burner assembler? It's not part of my mod.

Right, well i guess the conveyors using electricity is something to add on a request board then
There's already quite a big suggestion topic about it.
Ice Forge wrote:as for the burner assemblers i realized they were from "no hand crafting" challenge mod :(
It's not my mod, but it doesn't sound like much of a challenge if you can just put down a burner assembling machine and build everything.

Though I admit that there is a lockup on my mod with no hand crafting with the Basic Electronic Circuit Board, since it takes 3 components, you need Assembling machine 2 to craft it, which requires Basic Electronic Circuit Board to craft. So you have to make a few boards by hand before you can make the machine. I was going to mod the Electronic Assembling machine (added by my Assembly machines mod) to require only a Basic Circuit Board instead, so that the electronics assembling machine is your way in to making these before assembling machine 2. There's also the issue that you can't make standard inserters without a 3 slot machine, which is required to make science pack 2, which means your research would stall until you got your electronics production chain running.
I also have a Patreon.

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

The downloads pages are dead (over bandwidth) is there a dropbox or the like?

thh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thh »

I can host the files on google drive if someone send me the files

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

I found a solution of sorts in the gorre ultimate pack as he apparently just threw everything and the kitchen sink into it.

nightingale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nightingale »

Ratzap wrote:One question I have though (which is why I looked in this thread): does someone have a flowchart or spreadsheet of what processes use things from others? My factory is a huge sprawling mess at the moment. I left space as I built it but various emergency interconnections to use by products of processes has left it looking nasty. I'm going to rebuild next to the current one but the planning is giving me a headache. How to place things to minimise the travel on belts or pipes.
Best factorio helper site out there (Bob's mods edition):
http://factorio.rotol.me/pack/bobmods-f12/

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Actually I still don't have the Intermediaries module and it looks like I can't not have that lest I need to harvest massive forests :/

Return to “Bob's mods”