Bobs and Angels mods

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bobs and Angels mods

Post by lugis »

Hello, i having problem with "zinc processing (unavailable)" research. I Reseach evething it said to unluck it and still unavailable...

Will it unluck even later on? Bsc of it i kinda stuck bsc need brass things to craft stuff...
Attachments
Factorio.png
Factorio.png (960.22 KiB) Viewed 6673 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bobs and Angels mods

Post by mrvn »

Scroll the tech tree. What's that other thing that zine research requires?

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

Its all done...
Attachments
Factorio 2.png
Factorio 2.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 6671 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Most likely there's another research that zinc processing requires that's been hidden, without removing it from the zinc technology's prerequisites; usually because of a mod conflict. At a guess, either one of Angel's mods isn't doing something it needs to, or you've got a mod from someone else entirely that's doing something wrong.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Can you enable the debug tooltips or more info or something in the debug options (F4) and check if hovering over the tech reveals any more information about the prerequisites? Otherwise I guess you would have to dump the data.raw in some data-final-fixes.lua and lock at the raw prototypes.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

We fixed an issue like this a while back.
However, there might be still be an issue in the released version of Angel's mods, it might be a mod conflict, it might be a weird corner case of mod settings.

Does this happen in a new game with the same setup?

If you upload a save (ideally fresh and empty) for us to sync to, I can take a look.

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

Here is a save.

I don't really know how to use properly a "debug tool (f4)".. I couldn't get any info on that.

I played "Sea Block Pack" and used all mods in that pack apart sea block and added more mods in the mix.
Attachments
Mod pack i used before
Mod pack i used before
Factorio 3.png (33.56 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Zuper hard mode XD.zip
The save
(10.32 MiB) Downloaded 284 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I checked your savefile: I can confirm that it's broken with the released version of Angel's mods, but when using the developer version of the mods, I can research Zinc processing.
This means this issue was already fixed and will be gone with the next release. However, I cannot tell you when that will be.

It is caused by a valid setting of bob's mods "new steel" that Angel's mods did not always correctly account for.

I was convinced that we fixed this before the last release. :(

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

Understood :3 Thanks for replaying and help.

Will figured sthm else to play it now XD

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

lugis wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 pm
Here is a save.

I don't really know how to use properly a "debug tool (f4)".. I couldn't get any info on that.

I played "Sea Block Pack" and used all mods in that pack apart sea block and added more mods in the mix.
Press "F4", check the Show-debug-info-in-tooltip option.

I just checked, and it doesn't include a list of prerequisites for a tech, just it's internal name. While that is helpful it wouldn't have been helpful without also a dump of the raw prototypes of the techs.

But have a look at it anyway. There are some nice options in there when you want to analyze or optimize your factory. Like showing gaps in the belts. Or showing the tile grid when designing chunk aligned blueprints.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

lugis wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:18 pm

if it is an issue with "new steel" as mentioned by valneq, then you could fix the issue by turning off new steel in Bobplates (Bobs Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod), if the option isn't available(Settings can be hidden by mods, I know Angels mods do try to hide some settings, but that doesn't help if they're not set as expected), disable all angels mods, restart the game, change the setting, restart the game, turn the mods back on again, and restart again. (yes that's 3 restarts), then when you load your savegame and it mentions that the mod settings are different, choose not to sync, and the game will load with the new settings. In theory, the issue should be fixed.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

mrvn wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:34 pm
lugis wrote:
Here is a save.

I just checked, and it doesn't include a list of prerequisites for a tech, just it's internal name. While that is helpful it wouldn't have been helpful without also a dump of the raw prototypes of the techs.
The Prototypes Browser (Ctrl+Shift+E) lets you look at prototype properties like prerequisites directly in the game, no need to dump the prototypes to an external file. Very useful for debugging stuff like this.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Silari wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 pm
mrvn wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:34 pm
lugis wrote:
Here is a save.

The Prototypes Browser (Ctrl+Shift+E) lets you look at prototype properties like prerequisites directly in the game, no need to dump the prototypes to an external file. Very useful for debugging stuff like this.
Thanks, good to know.

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:35 pm
lugis wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:18 pm

if it is an issue with "new steel" as mentioned by valneq, then you could fix the issue by turning off new steel in Bobplates (Bobs Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod), if the option isn't available(Settings can be hidden by mods, I know Angels mods do try to hide some settings, but that doesn't help if they're not set as expected), disable all angels mods, restart the game, change the setting, restart the game, turn the mods back on again, and restart again. (yes that's 3 restarts), then when you load your savegame and it mentions that the mod settings are different, choose not to sync, and the game will load with the new settings. In theory, the issue should be fixed.
Well it didn't help. Tried to do it like 4 times :D I think then you turn on Angels mod it reset all setting...

But i actually found a way around this research XD
So what i did: Install mod "Sea Block Pack" and run the save. It destroyed all ores and enemies, but it disable bobs metals "new steel". So it let me do the research. Then i gone to edit map and import last save with all ores and enemies and copied big junk of landscape and copied on the top.

It took time but i learn some things :D

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

Ok same problem with a different research xD Well RIP. Gonna wait for the update I guess :D

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

lugis wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 am
Ok same problem with a different research xD Well RIP. Gonna wait for the update I guess :D
which tech is the other one? if you tell me, then I could check that it's also fixed for that one …

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

This one.

@valneq could you help me disable gunmetal mods in angels mods? I think will help with this research bug... Bsc , maybe its accidental but then you install sea block mod it removes this things (but then you can research) , maybe they will stop this bug... I don't really know but disable "new metals" didn't really helped (it was not your suggestion but still wanna try it).
Attachments
mods to disivle
mods to disivle
factorio 4.png (10.66 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
This one
This one
factorio 3.png (990.99 KiB) Viewed 6465 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

lugis wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:22 am
This one.

@valneq could you help me disable gunmetal mods in angels mods? I think will help with this research bug... Bsc , maybe its accidental but then you install sea block mod it removes this things (but then you can research) , maybe they will stop this bug... I don't really know but disable "new metals" didn't really helped (it was not your suggestion but still wanna try it).
I can confirm that it's the same issue with Cobalt processing, and that it's fixed for the next release of Angel's mods.
As a workaround, you can execute

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies["electrolysis-1"].researched = true
in the console. Need to do it twice to confirm that you will be losing achievements for this map.

I don't understand what you want to do with gunmetal. It is unrelated to any of this.

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

Don't really care about achievements just want to play this mods :3 Yes, now i can research it :3

Let's leave gunmetal behind then xD

THANK YOU <3 , will write if more gonna pop up.

lugis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lugis »

Hello, another Research i can't get:
Attachments
factorio 5.png
factorio 5.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 6063 times

Return to “Bob's mods”