[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

CriticalChewie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by CriticalChewie »

Hi Bob,

It would seem that in bobplates 0.16.2, the cobalt steel parts are missing from prototypes/productivity-limitations.lua

Thanks

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

CriticalChewie wrote:Hi Bob,

It would seem that in bobplates 0.16.2, the cobalt steel parts are missing from prototypes/productivity-limitations.lua

Thanks
It's a known issue, I have fixed it on my end but not pushed the release yet.
Since it's not a bug (there have been 3 things I would call bugs in the logistics, which quickly saw 0.16.13 turn into 0.16.15), just a minor oversight, I was waiting for something a little more significant before pushing the release. I mean, the base game only updates about once a week unless there's a bug that makes the game unplayable.

Thank you for the report anyway.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

igorhgf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by igorhgf »

bobingabout wrote:Here comes bob, changing your game yet again:

Logistics 0.16.15:
Fixed that fast stack and fast stack filter inserters would deconstruct into express versions
removed steel bearings from red belts and related entities.
Added Zombiee's high res pipe graphics with permission.
Changed all pipe sizes to 1.
Adjusted Roboport (and related items) MK2 recipes to not use steel
cleaned up some roboport related tab ordering.

Key change to note is that roboport MK2, and related items now cost aluminium or invar instead of steel. Which makes sense when you consider the MK1 uses lots of steel.
Uh... Roboport hatch door MK2 still requieres Steel Bearing (along with invar plate and brass gear wheel. Is this correct?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

igorhgf wrote:

Logistics 0.16.15:
Fixed that fast stack and fast stack filter inserters would deconstruct into express versions

Key change to note is that roboport MK2, and related items now cost aluminium or invar instead of steel. Which makes sense when you consider the MK1 uses lots of steel.
Uh... Roboport hatch door MK2 still requieres Steel Bearing (along with invar plate and brass gear wheel. Is this correct?
That is how I wrote it, yes. Though I do understand that requiring 3 different materials isn't exactly ideal. I was even having second thoughts when I did it. perhaps it needs re-visiting.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Are bearings even necessary in the game?

They use up double material (balls and bearing itself) for no further benefit.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

steinio wrote:Are bearings even necessary in the game?

This logic could be applied to a few dozen things in the game. Hence why some people stick to vanilla for the simpler way.

igorhgf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by igorhgf »

bobingabout wrote:
igorhgf wrote:

Logistics 0.16.15:

That is how I wrote it, yes. Though I do understand that requiring 3 different materials isn't exactly ideal. I was even having second thoughts when I did it. perhaps it needs re-visiting.
I just thought you forgot to remove since in the changelog you said "Adjusted Roboport (and related items) MK2 recipes to not use steel". It feels weird to have to drag a steel line just for the hatch doors.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

igorhgf wrote:I just thought you forgot to remove since in the changelog you said "Adjusted Roboport (and related items) MK2 recipes to not use steel". It feels weird to have to drag a steel line just for the hatch doors.
Steel, as in, the steel plates, since that was already used for pretty much all the MK1 stuff. It felt silly to use steel for MK1 and MK2.
Light wrote:
steinio wrote:Are bearings even necessary in the game?

This logic could be applied to a few dozen things in the game. Hence why some people stick to vanilla for the simpler way.
Basically, I just want to add more intermediates, but without going over the top. Bearings are meant to be something like... a battery, or electronics circuit(in my mod) level of item, where it's not just a lump of metal, but something more involved.
even if it does just use the same peice of metal for both stages >.>
I also have a Patreon.

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jorn86 »

I just noticed that when using the Character classes mod, when I'm in a different body, only that body gets the extra quickbar when I research it. The unoccupied bodies don't get them. Is this intended, and if not can I fix it?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Well done on the mods.

I noticed the oil generators only consume 2.5 fluid and the Hydrazine generator consumes 12, is this an intended or should the oil generators be something atleast around 10?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Veden wrote:Well done on the mods.

I noticed the oil generators only consume 2.5 fluid and the Hydrazine generator consumes 12, is this an intended or should the oil generators be something atleast around 10?
This is intended. It gives you a hydrogen sink without it being all that useful as a primary power generation system, and the Hydrazine one gives you a true reason to produce large quantities of the stuff.
Jorn86 wrote:I just noticed that when using the Character classes mod, when I'm in a different body, only that body gets the extra quickbar when I research it. The unoccupied bodies don't get them. Is this intended, and if not can I fix it?
This is a bug that I can't fix, reporting it in the main bug reports section of the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58808
I also have a Patreon.

Karlito15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Karlito15 »

if data.raw.item["tin-plate"] then
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient("transport-belt", "iron-plate", "tin-plate")
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient("underground-belt", "iron-plate", "tin-plate")
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient("splitter", "iron-plate", "tin-plate")
end
If I understand it correctly, the yellow belt should be costing tin plates instead of iron in the newest version (16.15) of your logistics mod (if tin plate is enabled).
But ingame it costs steel plates, which is a bit hardcore in my opinion. (Especially you can't use undergrounds and splitters before smelting some steel...)
Yellow belts costing tin is a nice idea, cause tin plates have very few uses so far (especially endgame, when you smelt tinned cable and solder directly).
I have no idea, why your code has this effect on the recipe, there seems to be an error somewhere.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

bobingabout wrote:
Veden wrote:Well done on the mods.

This is intended. It gives you a hydrogen sink without it being all that useful as a primary power generation system, and the Hydrazine one gives you a true reason to produce large quantities of the stuff.
Jorn86 wrote:I just noticed that when using the Character classes mod, when I'm in a different body, only that body gets the extra quickbar when I research it. The unoccupied bodies don't get them. Is this intended, and if not can I fix it?
This is a bug that I can't fix, reporting it in the main bug reports section of the forums.

So is the oil burner supposed to be capable of burning Hydrogen then or do you need to turn the hydrogen into something more useful?

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Karlito15 wrote:
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient("transport-belt", "iron-plate", "tin-plate")
bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient("underground-belt", "iron-plate", "tin-plate")
end
If I understand it correctly, the yellow belt should be costing tin plates instead of iron in the newest version (16.15) of your logistics mod (if tin plate is enabled).
But ingame it costs steel plates, which is a bit hardcore in my opinion. (Especially you can't use undergrounds and splitters before smelting some steel...)
Yellow belts costing tin is a nice idea, cause tin plates have very few uses so far (especially endgame, when you smelt tinned cable and solder directly).
I have no idea, why your code has this effect on the recipe, there seems to be an error somewhere.
Are you using the Seablock mod? Trainwreck just recently did this change to Bobs belts

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Karlito15 wrote:
end
In my mod, yellow belts DOES cost tin plates. perhaps another mod changes this
Cardoyle wrote:Are you using the Seablock mod? Trainwreck just recently did this change to Bobs belts
See here.
Catfight wrote:So is the oil burner supposed to be capable of burning Hydrogen then or do you need to turn the hydrogen into something more useful?
In the current implementation, oil burners will burn Hydrogen and Hydrazine, just not much of it, producing very little power. (though in theory, since I only doubled the cost of electrolysis instead of 10x, even though I reduced the amount hydrogen gives you, it still gives you more energy out than you put in. I'm hoping the tiny amounts you're able to burn offset this infinite power loop)
I also have a Patreon.

Karlito15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Karlito15 »

Cardoyle wrote:
Karlito15 wrote:
Are you using the Seablock mod? Trainwreck just recently did this change to Bobs belts
Yeah, I checked and you are right. Sorry for the question, I could have figured that myself!

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jorn86 »

bobingabout wrote:
I was going to ask for a console command to fix my game in progress, but since rseding says it's already fixed... Just thanks!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:I guess I could help reduce the cost by removing the steel bearings from red belts. (I already removed them from inserters for the same reason)

I'm also open to sugestions on what to use instead of steel gear wheels.

honestly though, 8:1 iron:steel in angels? he's being a dick. A lot of my mod things use Steel as the T2 standard metal.
The 8:1 is for producing steal by smelting iron plates. Really makes no sense physically. I assume the goal is to force people to use angels smelting recipes for steel. But if you don't like it then use the cheaper steel option in the mod settings.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote:
xordroid wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
xordroid wrote:Hi, since the recent inserter changes I noticed that filter inserter behave differently when setting the filter via signals.
Normally when sending multiple signals to a filter inserter which contains only one filter slot (for example the stack filter inserter) the filter would be set to the biggest positive signal.
But recently the value of the signal doesn't seem to matter. When sending two (positive) signals to a stack filter inserter, the filter is always set to the same item, no matter which signal has the higher value.

Was this change intended? Or am I just wrong about how filters worked before?
stack filter inserters have only 1 filter, while normal filter inserters have 5. Maybe thats the reason?
That's exactly what I mean. If you only have one filter slot and try to set multiple filter via signals, normally the filter is set to the signal with the biggest value.
Sorry, seems I read to quickly. That was and would actually be a cool feature. I always thought it just uses a random positive signal.

EDIT: I also use this self-balancing warehouse, where I take Warehouse1 - Warehouse2 with a arithmetric combinator set to everything * -1 -> everything. Have to check, if it still works, but I think it should, because while balancing, all values will get negative eventually
My observation is that the inserter picks the highest signal when it has no filter but then keeps that filter until the signal becomes negative or 0.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

mrvn wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
xordroid wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
xordroid wrote:Hi, since the recent inserter changes I noticed that filter inserter behave differently when setting the filter via signals.
Normally when sending multiple signals to a filter inserter which contains only one filter slot (for example the stack filter inserter) the filter would be set to the biggest positive signal.
But recently the value of the signal doesn't seem to matter. When sending two (positive) signals to a stack filter inserter, the filter is always set to the same item, no matter which signal has the higher value.

Was this change intended? Or am I just wrong about how filters worked before?
stack filter inserters have only 1 filter, while normal filter inserters have 5. Maybe thats the reason?
That's exactly what I mean. If you only have one filter slot and try to set multiple filter via signals, normally the filter is set to the signal with the biggest value.
Sorry, seems I read to quickly. That was and would actually be a cool feature. I always thought it just uses a random positive signal.

EDIT: I also use this self-balancing warehouse, where I take Warehouse1 - Warehouse2 with a arithmetric combinator set to everything * -1 -> everything. Have to check, if it still works, but I think it should, because while balancing, all values will get negative eventually
My observation is that the inserter picks the highest signal when it has no filter but then keeps that filter until the signal becomes negative or 0.
This is how I understood this mechanic for the inserters that can only hold one filter. Once the signal reaches zero, then it switches to the next highest valued signal. A good way to control this better is to have the signals sent to the filter inserter 'reset' (every som any ticks) and the inserter will pick the current highest absolute signal.

Return to “Bob's mods”